ER0L

K.I.T.T. (Pontiac Firebird Trans Am from "Knight Rider") in minifig scale

33133521811_e91334681f_z.jpg

Hi all,

since there's that great minifig of "The Hoff" now there had to be the car, too. Usually I prefer to place the figs inside their cars if possible. However this is difficult regarding sports cars in my preferred 1/35 scale, that's why I rather tried to do the fig justice and opted for a super-low silhouette of K.I.T.T.:

33125669862_b14e16eb40_z.jpg

As you can see here, the combination of 1/35 sports cars with 1/40 minifigs doesn't look too bad. Here the car is 3 layers lower than a fig with soles:

32513332354_eb1c438e30_z.jpg

And yes, K.I.T.T. has an enlightened scanner (PF LED, not moving, of course).

32902899490_bfe1d7a99a_z.jpg

100% Lego. More pics on Flickr. Thanks for looking!

On 12.3.2017 at 7:49 PM, Aventador2004 said:

nice lego kitt car

aventador

On 12.3.2017 at 9:43 PM, Borex said:

Yeah, nice KITT.

On 12.3.2017 at 10:18 PM, SirBlake said:

That looks great. Definitely has that old firebird feel. 

On 14.3.2017 at 8:00 AM, carebear said:

Great Work!!!!

Greetings

Thanks guys, glad you like it! 

Always amazing work. Did you do an interior for the car? If so, would you be willing to post a picture of it?

Have you ever thought of tackling the BTTF delorean or even a regular DMC 12? I am always amazed by your scale cars and I would love to see how you would tackle that iconic car. I cannot get it to look right without staying true to a 7 wide body. And after the add ons with the wires and wheel wells it fits inside a 8-stude width. I only have seen Misterzumbi handle it with a 6 stud wide body, but I am sure with all the new parts somebody could try doing this size in 2017. I may attempt it after I release my 7 stud wide version, but I surely would love to see what you would do with it. 

8 hours ago, cehnot said:

Always amazing work. Did you do an interior for the car? If so, would you be willing to post a picture of it?

Have you ever thought of tackling the BTTF delorean or even a regular DMC 12? I am always amazed by your scale cars and I would love to see how you would tackle that iconic car. I cannot get it to look right without staying true to a 7 wide body. And after the add ons with the wires and wheel wells it fits inside a 8-stude width. I only have seen Misterzumbi handle it with a 6 stud wide body, but I am sure with all the new parts somebody could try doing this size in 2017. I may attempt it after I release my 7 stud wide version, but I surely would love to see what you would do with it. 

Thank you! Sorry, there's not much of an interior, it would be hardly viewable anyway. I more and more try to focus on certain aspects of a car model - not everything can or must be done in any case.

Regarding a DeLorean: Of course I'd love to build one (there's still the model from the ideas set collecting dust on my shelf, waiting to be stripped for some years now) but to be honest I don't have a proper idea for it. The mentioned Misterzumbi has already done what can be done in this rather small scale. I'd have to rely on the exact same premises - there's not much sense in more or less reproducing his model or slightly modifying it. But like you said - maybe it's a question of a new part which will allow a new approach some day.

Anyhow looking forward to your 7w version! 

I am waiting for several parts to arrive in aluminum from chrome block city and stickers to be made. I put up a WIP back in December. I am reworking the rear to lower the time traveling side panels the run from the roof, down the side and over the wheel well. I want it lowered a bit and to lower the 3 red bars. Trying new parts that recently released as well. I am so behind on doing my model updates. 

16 hours ago, cehnot said:

I am waiting for several parts to arrive in aluminum from chrome block city and stickers to be made. I put up a WIP back in December. I am reworking the rear to lower the time traveling side panels the run from the roof, down the side and over the wheel well. I want it lowered a bit and to lower the 3 red bars. Trying new parts that recently released as well. I am so behind on doing my model updates. 

"Aluminum, stickers, custom parts" might sound a bit scary for a true FOL ... ;-) I'd rather be interested in what you come up with regarding the Lego part.

15 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Does it have the voice of George Feeny (actor William Daniels)?

No, it has the voice of Gottfried Kramer (German voice of inter alia Humphrey Bogart, Burt Lancaster, Marlon Brando and F. Murray Abraham). ;-) I must admit that I've never heard the original voice. 

The car looks perfect and I really like that you made the light scanner in front. Yeah, I can still hear KITTs voice in my head. :classic:

On 1.4.2017 at 2:35 PM, Only Sinner said:

The car looks perfect and I really like that you made the light scanner in front. Yeah, I can still hear KITTs voice in my head. :classic:

Thank you! Yes, those are nice memories ...