Stefaneris

[MOC] Neoplan Skyliner FlixBus

Hello all

In Germany and in most of Europe, these green buses connect Cities on international lines. For me the most interesting thing was the colour, since normally long distance buses tend to be white or a not so eye-catching colour. The prototype is a Neoplan Skyliner, because I like the shape of those buses. There are only a handfull of this type operating for FlixBus since Neoplan buses are generally more comfortable than other buses and used for charter service.

To build my model I used blueprints to macht the shape, especially of the dark stripe with the windows. You also may spot some bricks which I coverd with coloured paper since some bricks don't exist (yet) in lime. My bus also has a passive steering, so that you could play with it.

But now for the pictures, can you spot the driver and the red mug?

33242999562_dc8ecf08fc_b.jpgSide3 by StefanEris, auf Flickr

32555928484_822fdbf9ae_b.jpgFront by StefanEris, auf Flickr

33243003422_3fda6c279b_b.jpgSide1 by StefanEris, auf Flickr

32555927444_e05d3dbbd3_b.jpgSide2 by StefanEris, auf Flickr

Feel free to comment.

Stefan

21 hours ago, Sammael said:

The shape is perfect! How stable is it?

Thanks, it is quite stable. I connected everything on the inside and built a technic chasis which I also use for the steering. Only the front window tend to break away if it's not handeld carefully:laugh:

very excellent. That front windowing is spot on, as its always the hardest area, this one went over pretty neat! congrats

Thanks, I used hinge bricks to tilt the window a bit downwards and hinge plates to make a curved look. The hinge bricks are also the reasen the window is the most fragile part since there is a smal gap between the green part under the window where they should be connected and the whole window-part itself.

On 18.3.2017 at 8:48 AM, roadstermatt said:

great looking bus / coach a job well done :thumbup:

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

Beautiful. I love brick buses. The color is a great choice.

Thanks, unfortunately there are still some bricks missing in lime, so I had to use stickers to cover them.