David Thomsen

Future Pirates Speculation

So we got the Pirate rollercoaster and the Pirate Treehouse...

I fear the chances to see a decent Pirates wave next year are getting lower... One Piraty Creator set could have been seen as an appetiser for a Pirates wave (which would maybe even have been genius).

I do hope for a sweet D2C set... And considering the increasing amount of 100+ euro sets Lego is dropping year after year, this could have a chance...

39 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

So we got the Pirate rollercoaster and the Pirate Treehouse...

I fear the chances to see a decent Pirates wave next year are getting lower... One Piraty Creator set could have been seen as an appetiser for a Pirates wave (which would maybe even have been genius).

I do hope for a sweet D2C set... And considering the increasing amount of 100+ euro sets Lego is dropping year after year, this could have a chance...

Well I'm still hoping we might get a new Pirate wave next year. If they weren't planning on doing one then surely it would have made sense to hold back the pirate rollercoaster and tree house until next year and then they could have been marketed as subtle anniversary sets.

My hope is that we'll get a complete new wave of sets similar to what we saw in 2015, or some sort of D2C Pirate ship.