David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

11 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

We are getting waaay too hopeful around here. I worry we are setting ourselves up for some disappointment. But on the other hand it is looking more plausible by the page. It's hard not to get excited.

Agreed. I really think people are jumping to conclusions with this "leaf" theme. There are no evidence what-so-ever that it has anything to do with Pirates, it's pure speculation.

But if nothing else, we know we'll be getting the Pirate Bay Ideas set - which is a lot more than we've been given for 7 years. So that's exciting.

11 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

We are getting waaay too hopeful around here. I worry we are setting ourselves up for some disappointment. But on the other hand it is looking more plausible by the page. It's hard not to get excited.

13 minutes ago, Hive said:

Agreed. I really think people are jumping to conclusions with this "leaf" theme. There are no evidence what-so-ever that it has anything to do with Pirates, it's pure speculation.

But if nothing else, we know we'll be getting the Pirate Bay Ideas set - which is a lot more than we've been given for 7 years. So that's exciting.

Personally I am really looking forward to the pirate bay that is it. If some other theme or sets are giving me new animals, pirate or castle related stuff I can use that is great, but until I see prof of that happening I am not getting my hopes up :tongue:
As I have said before nexo knights gave me only 1 minifig I found useful, but if some of the sets had been similar to 7189 Mill Village Raid like the TV show seems to be (from the little I have seen) we had been talking about a very useful theme for me *huh*

On 12/28/2019 at 12:16 PM, gedren_y said:

I went back and counted, there are 18 set numbers listed for LEAF. If this is an AR theme as expected, then the finalized sets could have been ready for quite some time. The known set numbers might constitute 2-3 waves.

You know, revisiting this possibility, I suppose it is possible to learn of multiple waves at once when you consider that we were expecting ten sets for Hidden Side this year, yet we've only seen six so far (set no. 70427-70432) and are still waiting for the other four (set no. 70433-70436). 

On 5 January 2020 at 1:16 AM, Roebuck said:

As I have said before nexo knights gave me only 1 minifig I found useful, but if some of the sets had been similar to 7189 Mill Village Raid like the TV show seems to be (from the little I have seen) we had been talking about a very useful theme for me

Nexo Knights still had a lot of useful parts though, especially for LEGO Space fans, with the trans-neon-orange elements being one of the stand outs.

Edited by Lego David

I would love to see Pirates come back and I do have a bit of info, but it might be nothing...

Recently, I saw they changed the yearly decorations on the Lego House Tree.

The new theme of the tree is now: PIRATES!
The whole tree is covered in some awesome Pirate dioramas, just check it out: 

It's at the 0:25 mark, where they look at the massive tree.

This really makes me hopefull, because they wouldn't just make this and than nothing more right? It's The center-piece of the Lego House!

i'm sorry if someone already posted about this, I didn't have the time to go through 25pages of comments and I'm excited! ;)

6 hours ago, Thorak Fremennik said:

i'm sorry if someone already posted about this, I didn't have the time to go through 25pages of comments and I'm excited! ;)

Yeah, someone else here did bring it up one page earlier, but it's still worth highlighting again! :classic:

On 1/1/2020 at 8:51 AM, Robin_IV said:

Very interesting what the guy of the LEGO House says at Minute 1:50 after Joshua mentioned that the Pirate Theme is still very popular.

All the builds in the video look like mods of older sets. Some of the buildings look like 10193 Medieval Market Village.

I saw those when I was at the LEGO House back in October. It was pretty amazing seeing all the sets lit up like that. It looked like there were some pirates with unique torso prints and a white tricorn on row boats between the Imperial Flagship and Black Seas Barracuda. (I don't think you can see this part of the display in the video. :( ) I think I see a swimsuit torso from a City set in the video in the Imperial village, so they could have just been using non-Pirate ones I wasn't familiar with.

Edited by TalonCard

Unusual prints, and parts in colors not available for sale, do happen in displays made by LEGO employees. These usually come from ideas that were, for one reason or another, not put into production. Remember that there is an image that has been widely circulated of a fully developed LEGO bison (buffalo) that never made it into production.

I think that together with "The Pirate Bay", they are going to release some more pirate sets too.

Maybe some new sets, maybe some re-releases of old ones. I hope they do both.

On 1/20/2020 at 4:56 AM, Thorak Fremennik said:

It's at the 0:25 mark, where they look at the massive tree.

Thanks for sharing!

On 1/20/2020 at 5:21 PM, TalonCard said:

It was pretty amazing seeing all the sets lit up like that.

There appears to be a couple of buildings not based on any previous pirate set on the Imperial Guard branch.

Now wouldn't it be nice if they finally released those harbour buildings we were requesting decade before last... 

image.png

On 1/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, Mister Phes said:

Now wouldn't it be nice if they finally released those harbour buildings we were requesting decade before last

OH MAN!!! Thanks for that close up!!!

I hope someone can get some high-res shots of those. I can't see enough detail to work out the bricks/ reverse the builds.

A Pirateship is coming in the Creator line this year. It has brickbuilt sails and will cost €99.99. Source Nuremberg Toy Fair. 

21 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

A Pirateship is coming in the Creator line this year. It has brickbuilt sails and will cost €99.99. Source Nuremberg Toy Fair. 

Can’t wait!!

Hopefully the style matches the pirate bay project

21 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

A Pirateship is coming in the Creator line this year. It has brickbuilt sails and will cost €99.99. Source Nuremberg Toy Fair

Wow, the price implicates higher piece count for a Creator set. Is the hull also brick built?

29 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Thanks for the heads up. I hope this isn't all we're getting in this rumoured new Pirate theme.

9 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

Wow, the price implicates higher piece count for a Creator set. Is the hull also brick built?

Given the nature of Three-In-One sets, I'd presume the hull will likely be brick-built. :classic:

Looking most forward to seeing more "Classic" sets from Creator outside of the tired old City/Town context... :purrr:

A Creator pirate ship is better than nothing, but... not what I was hoping for.

Just now, Hive said:

A Creator pirate ship is better than nothing, but... not what I was hoping for.

For me, this set signifies a much more promising road ahead for the Creator theme, as we just might see further representation of other "Classic" themes from other future Three-In-One sets from here on out, something many including @danth and I have long hoped for... :blush:

I did like the Pirate Treehouse set from 2018, gave a bit of a taste what they can do with the theme, but that set only had 260 pieces.

A large set sounds far more promising for sure.

32 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

Got all excited about the pirate ship talk then disappointed at the brick built sails :(

I just hope it's actual tiles/plates and not technic panels like the Sea Cow set, so it can be used creatively in the alternate builds.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

A Pirateship is coming in the Creator line this year.

Pirate ship! Pirate SHIP! PIRATESHIP! PIRATESHIP!!1!
Benjamin's PIRATESHIP!

39 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I did like the Pirate Treehouse set from 2018,

I bought that one just because it was Pirate-y. I haven't built it yet or even tried to rob bits and pieces. But if I want pirates to come back, I gotta buy what little pirates lego puts out.

35 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

disappointed at the brick built sails

You can always replace them with home made sails.
It would be awesome if TLG brought back cloth sails though, no doubt.

I'm really happy Creator expands into the Classic Lego seas... hopefully other subthemes will follow soon.

I expect that they will use some 12 stud bow pieces for the front similar to the solution found in 31083: Cruising Adventures.

Hopefully the New York fair will reveal the finished model... and explain what the Leaf set code means for us Pirate fans.