David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

Lego’s Twitter seems to be strongly implying new pirates …

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1482321712029048835

Edit: arrr I thought the forum automatically embedded Twitter links. It’s a gif saying “when your friend said he’s be there in 5 minutes 80 years ago” with a skeleton (with pirate hat!) on a deserted island watching 2 brick built “ships” sail around. 

Edited by mvLego

1 hour ago, mvLego said:

Lego’s Twitter seems to be strongly implying new pirates …

But how is this a strong implication? It seems like a subtle tease. :pir-wink:

42 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

But how is this a strong implication? It seems like a subtle tease. :pir-wink:

Man I hope so but they post a lot of stuff that doesn't mean anything.

In the meantime I'm about to buy the Black Pearl for a little under 500 euros, it's a lot of money but I need parts from the ship and all the hull pieces I need off Bricklink would cost me about half of that so might as well cut my losses and get it, sell the minifigs and get started on my Black Pearl build from the video game, feels good to be back I must say, let's hope Lego surprises us with more Pirates this year!

Edited by _R_R_

That's the 31109 Creator 3 in 1 Pirate Ship from 2020.

3 hours ago, icm said:

The front looks a bit like it, but the sides and proportions seem different. It might just be the lighting but hopefully it's still something.

34 minutes ago, Sneaky Melarky said:

The front looks a bit like it, but the sides and proportions seem different. It might just be the lighting but hopefully it's still something.

I had to a few double takes but I think it’s the creator with some creative filming techniques. That said, I still think it’s hinting at a new set(s) - it would almost be mean-spirited of LEGO to tease pirates without having anything to show for it. 

1 hour ago, _R_R_ said:

it's a lot of money but I need parts from the ship and all the hull pieces

Maybe it would be cheaper to make a brick-built hull. Would be a bit harder, sure, but you could possibly save money (at least that's the direction I have decided to take on my project :pir-wink:).

46 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Maybe it would be cheaper to make a brick-built hull. Would be a bit harder, sure, but you could possibly save money (at least that's the direction I have decided to take on my project :pir-wink:).

I've thought about doing that by buying the Babyteeth Bricks Black Pearl instructions, it looks remarkable but also a very expensive build and my goal is to build the model from the video game which uses the hull pieces only found in the official Black Pearl set unfortunately, I will admit I've thought about just buying a couple of the cheap KO sets out there to get the hull pieces but I don't think it would sit right with me haha, honestly still undecided, I was really close to dropping all that money today but I've given myself some time to think it out until next week.

3 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

I've thought about doing that by buying the Babyteeth Bricks Black Pearl instructions, it looks remarkable but also a very expensive build and my goal is to build the model from the video game which uses the hull pieces only found in the official Black Pearl set unfortunately, I will admit I've thought about just buying a couple of the cheap KO sets out there to get the hull pieces but I don't think it would sit right with me haha, honestly still undecided, I was really close to dropping all that money today but I've given myself some time to think it out until next week.

Here's hoping Lego might release black hull pieces in more sets. Regardless, good luck on the project! :pir-thumb:

2 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Here's hoping Lego might release black hull pieces in more sets. Regardless, good luck on the project! :pir-thumb:

Let's hope and good luck on yours as well always been a fan of your stuff! :pir-huzzah2:

2 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

Let's hope and good luck on yours as well always been a fan of your stuff! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank ye! :pir-huzzah1:

6 hours ago, mvLego said:

I had to a few double takes but I think it’s the creator with some creative filming techniques.

It is definitely the 31109 Creator 3-in-1 Pirate Ship.

13 hours ago, icm said:

5 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

It is definitely the 31109 Creator 3-in-1 Pirate Ship. 

But where is that skeleton and island from?

5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Small MOC.

16 hours ago, _R_R_ said:

For 500 euros for this, you should definitely rethink it a lot.

3 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

For 500 euros for this, you should definitely rethink it a lot.

I am, but all the offers on Bricklink kind of suck, half of 500 euros for incomplete used sets and the cheaper sets all ship outside EU and I do not want to deal with customs, I've tried negoating with some sellers in the past to just buy the ship and they can keep the minifigs to remove the cost but they refuse every time which I understand but sucks for me lol, I wish Lego had made a UCS version when the fifth movie came out it would've balanced the market, because the ship is no where near worth the ammount it goes for, honestly I might just buy two KO ships for the original price of the set at this point. :pir_laugh2:

46 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

I am, but all the offers on Bricklink kind of suck, half of 500 euros for incomplete used sets and the cheaper sets all ship outside EU and I do not want to deal with customs, I've tried negoating with some sellers in the past to just buy the ship and they can keep the minifigs to remove the cost but they refuse every time which I understand but sucks for me lol, I wish Lego had made a UCS version when the fifth movie came out it would've balanced the market, because the ship is no where near worth the ammount it goes for, honestly I might just buy two KO ships for the original price of the set at this point. :pir_laugh2:

What's a "UCS version"?

KO aka LEPIN?

3 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

What's a "UCS version"?

KO aka LEPIN?

An Ultimate Collector Series version or something akin to it, Black Pearl is pretty much the Millennium Falcon of the PotC franchise and it should've gotten a proper set that did it justice.

Yes I think the Lepin ones or from some other KO brand, if people weren't asking for insane prices for the set or the hull pieces I wouldn't have to resort to this.

18 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

An Ultimate Collector Series version or something akin to it, Black Pearl is pretty much the Millennium Falcon of the PotC franchise and it should've gotten a proper set that did it justice.

Yes I think the Lepin ones or from some other KO brand, if people weren't asking for insane prices for the set or the hull pieces I wouldn't have to resort to this.

I'll send you a PM of how you might be able to buy many KO black hull pieces for low prices.

21 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It's from the creator set it just uses one of the hats that was on one of the other figures from that set.

4 hours ago, Sneaky Melarky said:

It's from the creator set it just uses one of the hats that was on one of the other figures from that set.

What about the rest of the island?

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Looks kind of cobbled together, I'm not saying it's nothing but it's entirely possible that LEGO was just trying to be tongue and cheek.

12 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Just made out of random parts, probably. The stop-motion scene they were directing needed an island for the skeleton to stand on, so they built one. It's a couple of yellow plates for landscaping—hardly anything substantial or deliberate-looking enough to assume it's some sort of new set tease.

Also don't think it's "mean-spirited" to make a goofy meme with Lego pirates without it relating to an upcoming set. It's a joke for parents to laugh at and share with their friends, it's not their fault if people assume it has to have some deeper meaning.

Edited by Lyichir