David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

The other pirates never found it, and they were not sure whether Monty was just telling tall tales about Rum Tree Island. But one thing was certain; with Monty about, the rum is never gone...

Edited by jan kusters

6 hours ago, jan kusters said:

The other pirates never found it, and they were not sure whether Monty was just telling tall tales about Rum Tree Island. But one thing was certain; with Monty about, the rum is never gone...

If we were to learn how to grow such palm trees that produce rum, then no one would be able to stop us. We would supply every pirate pub in the world. :pir-devil:

16 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

If we were to learn how to grow such palm trees that produce rum, then no one would be able to stop us. We would supply every pirate pub in the world. :pir-devil:

There is, of course, a slight downside to living on rum tree island; you get to see a lot of weird stuff...

50244921191_273bc4719c_z.jpgThe Briney Brick (still 7, b) This Island is weird! by Jan Kusters, on Flickr

It makes it hard to convince other people of what you tell them...

Edited by jan kusters
image correction

On 9/27/2021 at 2:53 AM, jan kusters said:

There is, of course, a slight downside to living on rum tree island; you get to see a lot of weird stuff...

It makes it hard to convince other people of what you tell them...

Weird is good!

On 9/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, jan kusters said:

The Beatles seem to have left their visit to Rum Tree Island out of the Anthology....

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

The Beatles seem to have left their visit to Rum Tree Island out of the Anthology....

:pir_laugh2: They might have lost Paul there...

There are two PotC films in development at Disney, so I guess PotC will return when they make one of them. 

Makes me wonder if they would reissue the ten year old sets, my biggest mistake was selling the Queen Anne’s Revenge and Black pearl!!! 

Edited by eldiano

12 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

Hi, could someone confirm when Baracuda Bay retired please? At the end of last year?

This is what Brickset says for 21322: Pirates of Barracuda Bay

LAUNCH/EXIT

01 Apr 2020 - 31 Dec 2021

LEGO.com says retired

Strange that is retired, it has almost been out of stock for half a year at least, right?!

I expect this to increase in price on the after marked soon..

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Strange that is retired, it has almost been out of stock for half a year at least, right?!

Maybe that's on LEGO.com but it's still on retail shelves...

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Probably, but the few webshops online in Europe that still have it,  are already selling this for nearly €300 or over.

Sellers on bricklink sell it sealed for anywhere €200+-€500, with most above €250 already.

Physical big LEGO stores don't really exist that much in my country anymore (LEGO did open their own 3 stores after 2020 but that's different), and the generic shops that have LEGO as side product don't sell those big/exclusives.

Lowest I've seen discounts on this and the blacksmith was 15% max, which might be a rule by LEGO to have a max discount % for such products online.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Officially it's been out of stock on LEGO.com in Europe since about mid november.

Meanwhile the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship increased price by 20%  / €20 this year, and also has stock issues (although most webshops outside of LEGO still use the old price on what remaining stock they got)

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I expect this to increase in price on the after marked soon..

I've already seen it on an auction site for 500€ here in Sweden.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It's been out of stock everywhere for at least 4-5 months here.

Hey maties! :pir-huzzah2:

New here, well sorta new, joining after going through my dark age lol, just wanted to participate in the conversation a bit.

I really do hope we get more Pirate sets in the near future but I fear Barracuda Bay will probably be the last one for a while, I know there are PotC movies in development but I've given up on Lego making a new Pearl or even a Dutchman.

Which is why I've decided to start my own project of making the video game Pearl and then hopefuly the Dutchman, sadly I never ended up buying the Pearl when it was out (did get the minifigs) because it just looked too small and honestly lazy, it's a decision I've come to regret as I can't find one at a justifiable price. :pir-bawling:

It seems that we're sort of a dying breed here, my love for Lego always stemmed from my love of pirates and wanting to build pirate forts and ships and the like, so it sucks to see how the Pirates theme has been left in the dust compared to something like Harry Potter or Star Wars that seem to get new versions of the same sets every other year or so, 2015 was truly the last good year for us, 2011 in my case since I loved, loved PotC and the line, even though Lego dropped the ball on the Pearl and didn't make some of my most wanted sets.

So yeah, I'm putting all my money on building MOCs of the PotC movies for now, looking forward to chatting with the ones that are still here!

Edited by _R_R_

12 hours ago, zinnn said:

I don't mind more PotC but I wish the minfigs weren't in fleshie colours.

I like both yellow and fleshie colours, at this point I'd take blue colours if it meant getting more pirates sets. :laugh:

On 1/13/2022 at 6:31 AM, Jiesdeo said:

It's been out of stock everywhere for at least 4-5 months here. 

It's going to vary from region to region.

Are you in a major city?

I live in the south of Sweden, and have been around at a lot of different toy stores here, and it's been unavailable for months. It's been out of stock on Lego.com for Sweden since August. I suppose the demand has been higher in here than elsewhere. A friend talked to a store clerk and asked about it and that toy store/chain had placed an order during autumn for 70 more Barracuda Bay, but apparently to no avail.

That being said, I already have 3 of it, but a part of me wanted a 4th before it was retired. Lots of good parts.

Edited by Jiesdeo