David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

It's true! The LEGO Pirates Forum is all my fault. I should be ashamed of myself... by I'm not! :pir-skel:

Well in that case, I suppose we can't do much but sit and wait until lego releases.....a pirate pub. :monkey:

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

So Barracuda Bay is retiring at the end of this year?

If that turns out to be right, I am worried the B-bay did not sell as much as I thought and in turn lower our chances to get a follow up set or even a normal pirate wave :pir-sceptic:

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well in that case, I suppose we can't do much but sit and wait until lego releases.....a pirate pub. :monkey:

They're WAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of you....

image.png

37 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

image.png

Well, technically it's not a pirate pub as it looks more like a medieval one, besides, the background shows medieval town with tudor houses. I need something real, something...piratey. :pir-tongue:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If that turns out to be right, I am worried the B-bay did not sell as much as I thought and in turn lower our chances to get a follow up set or even a normal pirate wave :pir-sceptic:

Right now, Ol' Redbeard is on backorder on Lego.com, (and has been for the past week.) The set's also garnered 212 reviews, which is the most of all the sets that I can find which are currently available (most top out in the 150s from what I can tell.) 

If we assume that of everyone who buys a set, only some fraction, x, leave a review, and that x is relatively constant across all sets, then we can infer how well a set is selling by the number of reviews it earns. By this metric, Barracuda Bay is doing well, an inference bolstered by its current backorder status. 

If it is retiring (which, honestly, pressing X to doubt super hard on that one) it might be to make way for another ship, as others have said on here. As it's the beginning of leak season, I suppose we'll know one way or the other soon enough.  

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well, technically it's not a pirate pub as it looks more like a medieval one, besides, the background shows medieval town with tudor houses. I need something real, something...piratey. :pir-tongue:

Wait, how would a pirate pub look like? Any references?

Just now, zinnn said:

Wait, how would a pirate pub look like? Any references?

This one is also more of a medieval pub than a pirate one but it has ''Captain's Daughter'' as a title, which, I suppose, makes it somewhat piratey:

71GiEjLJJfL._AC_SX522_.jpg

(A photo I found while doing a quick browse on internet searching ''Lego pirate pub'' :pir-grin:. Don't click on it though, it will take ye to deep, dark, shark-infested, mermaid filled and rocky waters of Amazon.com.

Does Jose's Inn even count as a house? It could be a tudor house, but that's up to you:

21322_alt22.jpg

To answer yer question, I would expect a pirate pub to look like a colonial building or perhaps, well - this:

iuigv1.png

(It's the best picture I could find, also, I keep rewatching that movie just because of John Silver, he's too good to miss. :pir_laugh2:)

Anyway, you and @Mister Phes win. But still, I WANT A PIRATE PUB!

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

As Pantelis demonstrates, there isn't a great deal of difference between Pirates and Castle.

In some cases it's just swapping out the accessories.

True, but these pubs then would be in England or somewhere else in Europe. I don't think there were any tudor homes in the province of North America. Still, despite all this, you both beat me in this argument.

5 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I don't think there were any tudor homes in the province of North America. Still, despite all this, you both beat me in this argument.

Well, you never specified the geographical location of the pub... you just said "pirate pub" which therefore could be located anywhere!

But you may a good point... however, if we ask Wikipedia (assuming it's vaguely reliable) the Tudor period was between 1485 and 1603  while the British colonization of the Americas began in the 1530's, thereby leaving a 70 year overlap.

So, would it not be possible Tudor style architecture to be utilised?

The island I am situation upon was colonised in the early 1800s and there was Tudor style buildings here... so that's a good 200 years after the Tudor period ended.

41 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

the Tudor period was between 1485 and 1603  while the British colonization of the Americas began in the 1530's, thereby leaving a 70 year overlap.

So, would it not be possible Tudor style architecture to be utilised?

Alright, aye. But would it be possible to find a town in Caribbean that's made of tudor homes?

42 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

The island I am situation upon was colonised in the early 1800s and there was Tudor style buildings here... so that's a good 200 years after the Tudor period ended.

Which island be that, if I may ask?

39 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Which island be that, if I may ask?

An island in the southern seas...

40 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Alright, aye. But would it be possible to find a town in Caribbean that's made of tudor homes?

This book will tell you the answer.

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This book will tell you the answer.

It be a long codex book indeed. :pir-grin:

Now that I recall, besides some colourful Havana-like homes, there might be few tudor ones. But then again, we can find plenty new tudor homes erected nowadays, it's stylish.

There’s no pleasing you guys, i was happy with my pirate pub from the creator series now I’m on the same “boat” hahahaha 

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

now I’m on the same “boat” hahahaha 

Soon we'll be needing a ship, I think.

Armada ship!

Yep.

We’ve had an imperial flagship and 100 pirate ships, I love the armada flagship kit and I’d love to see what it would look like in the current system.

1st rate of the line man o' war ship!

3 hours ago, thewatchman said:

We’ve had an imperial flagship and 100 pirate ships, I love the armada flagship kit and I’d love to see what it would look like in the current system.

It could be that Lego won't make them anymore (because Spanish inquisition reflects too much on Columbus' invasion).

Ships, ships, ships!

I have plenty of ships, would much rather have a fort or a fortified town, with soldiers and civilians :pir_tong2:

On 9/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, Jack Sassy said:

Columbus' invasion).

Columbus was an explorer. He was the first European to arrive in the West Indies...

But yes, the Spanish Inquisition did invade Central and South America.

But what of it? The indigenous tribes were already invading each other. Especially the Aztecs.

And when the Spanish arrived, numerous smaller indigenous tribes allied with them to eliminate the Aztecs, because the Aztecs were already a threat to them.

Columbus didn't invade anyone. He was the first European to discover the West Indies...

But yes, the Spanish Inquisition did invade Central and South America.

But what of it? The indigenous tribes were already invading each other. Especially the Aztecs.

And when the Spanish arrived, numerous smaller indigenous tribes allied with them to eliminate the Aztecs, because the Aztecs were already a threat to them.

Sorry, my mistake on the Columbus part, I get tangled in all this history sometimes. :pirate-sad

But hey, let's not get into a heated discussion about Invasions and tribes, Lego just won't do it same as Wild West. It's the sad reality.:cannon:

26 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I get tangled in all this history sometimes. 

I'm not meaning to pick on you or start a heated discussion, but this does illustrate a common problem.

Because it's common for people to say "This company should not do << insert action >> because << alleged incident >> happened in the past" 

But their << alleged incident >> isn't remotely accurate.

26 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

But hey, let's not get into a heated discussion about Invasions and tribes,

We can have a calm, rational discussion about invasions and tribes, which is based upon what actually happened, and not from an ideological perspective which deliberately obscures historic events to conform to a particular narrative.

Because it's common for people to say "This company should not do << insert action >> because << alleged incident >> happened in the past" 

But their << alleged incident >> isn't remotely accurate.

I would love to see Armada and Wild West return in Lego (alongside with Indy), but they won't make them anymore because of this argument that it's something offensive.

We can have a calm, rational discussion about invasions and tribes, which is based upon what actually happened, and not from an ideological perspective which deliberately obscures historic events to conform to a particular narrative.

Well, I suppose in that case, it also comes down to Native Americans. While they were rightful owners of the land, tribes were too busy fighting each other. It's the same problem as down south. It's really a rather interesting conversation piece. I might gain whole lot of notoriety on here for saying it, but I think that neither Europeans nor Natives deserved those lands.

12 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

but they won't make them anymore because of this argument that it's something offensive.

Perhaps I'm a bit behind on these matters.

Could you please specify the sources which state what the LEGO Group will no longer be produced because the LEGO Group deems them too offensive?