David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

On 8/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, eldiano said:

Any dumb chance of this set getting a re-color version as announced on different Creator Sets today?(dinosaur and Fiat 500) it’s a cheap move but to be honest i’m looking forward to see what kind of color combinations they can throw and pop at us at this rate to be honest

Only dumb chance is the one you don't take.

Saying that, if they were to recolor the 3 in 1 Pirate Ship, Swap out the 3 pirates and skeleton for two Imps, their CO, and a plucky Pirate, and hammer out an imperial fort and a pirate hideout as the alt models, I'd be on top of that!

Even moreso if there's an updated Captain Iron Hook Pirate fig. I've been wanting to see a 2021 Iron Hook since Red Beard made his rounds in 2015 and 2020 with Barracuda Bay.

14 hours ago, JeffBuilds said:

I've been wanting to see a 2021 Iron Hook since Red Beard made his rounds in 2015 and 2020 with Barracuda Bay.

That would be rather lovely to see the berserk captain again, though I always thought that being berserk is what lead him to his death when facing against Spanish Armada. :pir-cry_sad:

It might not be ideal, but 2015 Redbeard's face could be used for an updated version of Ironhook, 2020 face fits Redbeard more. :pir-grin:

I'd love an updated Ironhook torso with backprint - the OG ripped red shirt with strapped knife torso was my childhood's favourite

Edited by zinnn

I think i would not be everyone's cup of tea but i would like to see new bigger prefab Hulls and a 10000+ Pieces Set using them....

24 Studs wide would be great! 30 Studs would be even better!

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

On 8/10/2021 at 1:32 AM, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

I think i would not be everyone's cup of tea but i would like to see new bigger prefab Hulls and a 10000+ Pieces Set using them....

24 Studs wide would be great! 30 Studs would be even better!

:thumbup:
:pir-thumb:
:pir-huzzah2:

P.S.: Although I would be quite happy and satisfied and with 20 Studs wide.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

With the success of the barracuda bay set, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did rehashes of either armada flagship, enchanted island (this set would be a perfect set to remake using modern parts and design) or Eldorado fortress.

10 hours ago, thewatchman said:

With the success of the barracuda bay set, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did rehashes of either armada flagship, enchanted island (this set would be a perfect set to remake using modern parts and design) or Eldorado fortress.

That would be really cool...Imagining a Imperial Galleon with proper Size (proper in Lego Standards) :pir-love:

I mean if they do re color the Pirate 3 in 1 creator set, i wouldn’t be surprised if it they would recolor it to imperial guard colors or something and throw in extra soldiers haha, knowing lego at this rate who knows, with all the rumors for the 2022 sets anyone who keeps their ear to the ground with Lego heard anything about classic lines such as this one in the pipeline? 

4 hours ago, eldiano said:

knowing lego at this rate who knows, with all the rumors for the 2022 sets anyone who keeps their ear to the ground with Lego heard anything about classic lines such as this one in the pipeline?

You might want to ask few questions to some leakers around here. All I know is if Lego has an Indiana Jones wave next year then my wallet might be drained just on it (no offense, lads, I love IJ as much as Classic Pirates).

11 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

All I know is if Lego has an Indiana Jones wave next year then my wallet might be drained just on it (no offense, lads, I love IJ as much as Classic Pirates).

What if there was also a Pirate wave? :pir-oh3:

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:
14 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

All I know is if Lego has an Indiana Jones wave next year then my wallet might be drained just on it (no offense, lads, I love IJ as much as Classic Pirates).

What if there was also a Pirate wave?

Indiana Jones was good (amazing LEGO sets as well) up to the point where the story reached the cold war. Then there is chaos. While one cannot go wrong with Classic Pirates as they firmly stay put around the Age of Sails! :pir-huzzah2:

43 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

While one cannot go wrong with Classic Pirates as they firmly stay put around the Age of Sails!

Correct! :pir-thumb:

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

What if there was also a Pirate wave? :pir-oh3:

I've been dreaming of it for 2 years already.

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Indiana Jones was good (amazing LEGO sets as well) up to the point where the story reached the cold war. Then there is chaos.

I did like seeing some kill ratio between nazis and commies, story to me was pretty alright, interesting to see aging Indy, who's not in his prime anymore. Lego sets were probably the best (same as with POTC 4 sets), I am looking forward to Indy 5 sets and new Pirates wave, though I don't know if I'll have enough money to save on these.

I’m sooooooooooooooooooo curious on how they would approach a new Pirates wave, will they continue the similar style from the modular 2015 wave or new and improved brand new sets, islanders? Pirates hide out? New flagship? 

I see spoilers from licensed sets but whyyyy not pirates, we need to sail the seven seas again!!!!

Anyways wishful thinking as usual TLG wasting away biggg anniversaries I guess, you figure they would do something original for their 90th anniversary with original waves but so far nothing but licensed sets so far lolol

Edited by eldiano

15 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Does it include a pub set?

It does, and not a bad one, reminds me of that one pub I once saw...

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

reminds me of that one pub I once saw...

I had that same reminder...  like yesterday... or something! :pir_wacko:

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I had that same reminder...  like yesterday... or something!

Did ye now? :pir-devil:

12 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

No, not now - it was yesterday.

Well, perhaps ye would like to tell me more about this reminder in detail? :pir-skel:

Edited by Jack Sassy
perhaps not perhps.

25 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well, perhaps ye would like to tell me more about this reminder in detail? 

I was too drunk to remember! :pir-huzzah1:

And it may be at risk of taking this discussion off topic... :pir-oh3:

5 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

I was too drunk to remember! :pir-huzzah1:

And it may be at risk of taking this discussion off topic... :pir-oh3:

I would be interested in hearing yer dream pub set for future pirates wave. :pir_tong2:

So Barracuda Bay is retiring at the end of this year? But the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship is not apparently.

Really wonder what the future will hold regardless.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Really wonder what the future will hold regardless.

I think that we all could really benefit if Lego released (as we speak) a pirate pub. :pir-devil:

Just a quick thought.

(Alright, I'll stop with the pub, if anyone is to blame, then it's @Mister Phes, but then again, good luck blaming him on Pirates forum. :pir-grin:)

6 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

(Alright, I'll stop with the pub, if anyone is to blame, then it's @Mister Phes, but then again, good luck blaming him on Pirates forum. :pir-grin:)

It's true! The LEGO Pirates Forum is all my fault. I should be ashamed of myself... by I'm not! :pir-skel: