David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

Thanks for pointing out the animals guys! Looking forward to those showing up on Bricklink

3 hours ago, PxChris said:

But... did you see the SHEEP?!?!

Yes, in fact I did. Seeing a set with a sheep, bunny and a horse makes it bit too good to be true, almost as if we're back in 2009.

40515: Pirates and Treasure VIP Add On Pack is a small set that comes this year :pir-sweet:
Do not know how it looks, but has some useful parts like canon, gold-bar, pirate-flag, animals etc :pir-huzzah2:

38 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

40515: Pirates and Treasure VIP Add On Pack is a small set that comes this year :pir-sweet:
Do not know how it looks, but has some useful parts like canon, gold-bar, pirate-flag, animals etc :pir-huzzah2:

Sounds pretty nice, though a full-blown theme would be nicer. Have to wait till there's some pictures, then I can fully judge it.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Wait, is this a bunch of accessories, or is this the Lego Vidyo VIP promo thingy, with the rock poster?

(in either case, I'm still going to get either/or)

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

VIP?

Does this mean that only VIP Members will be able to buy it?

Here are the pieces of the set:
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-vip-members-might-be-getting-four-more-exclusive-sets/

LEGO-40515-Pirates-and-Treasure-VIP-addo

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

71391 Bowsers Airship might be of interest to Pirate Fans / Shipbuilders, multiple ship parts in Medium Nougat .

The Bowser airship looks so much better than the Piggy Pirate Ship or the Sea Cow, IMO. It's still a caricature, but less exaggerated. It looks more like a real ship than either of those two. The nougat colored hull pieces are great. Too bad it only comes with one hull center segment and one hull bow base. Otherwise it would be too easy to rearrange the two hull bow upper parts into a proper pirate ship, I guess. I haven't bought any Super Mario sets, but I think I'd buy this one if I hadn't already bought the 21322 and the 31109 last year.

Oh look another VIP set I can't get great, I just managed to literally wait out the 2015 pirate VIP set and scored it for 15 bucks 2 weeks ago but still i'm excited for the LEGO Mario Pirate ship, so interested on the build and as sucker for Super mario bros airship levels I can't wait to get one

I think Pirates of barracuda bay set number 21322 may suggest a new release next year, 21/3/22 (well here hoping any way:pir-grin:) with the 3 in 1 set released last year pirates may be in the pipe works. my bets on the imperial armada returning we had the red coats in 2009 and 6 years later the blue coats in 2015. but who knows. 

8 minutes ago, TheRiddlersMind said:

I think Pirates of barracuda bay set number 21322 may suggest a new release next year, 21/3/22 (well here hoping any way:pir-grin:) with the 3 in 1 set released last year pirates may be in the pipe works. my bets on the imperial armada returning we had the red coats in 2009 and 6 years later the blue coats in 2015. but who knows. 

Sadly that's probably just wishful thinking... the "21322" number of Barracuda Bay is simply where the numbering ended up for the Ideas lineup (after 21321 International Space Station and before 21323 Grand Piano). Not to say that means there definitively WON'T be any Pirates sets next year, but that set number isn't really any sort of hint or foreshadowing.

1 minute ago, Lyichir said:

Sadly that's probably just wishful thinking... the "21322" number of Barracuda Bay is simply where the numbering ended up for the Ideas lineup (after 21321 International Space Station and before 21323 Grand Piano). Not to say that means there definitively WON'T be any Pirates sets next year, but that set number isn't really any sort of hint or foreshadowing.

part of me put it down to wishful thinking. 

34 minutes ago, TheRiddlersMind said:

I think Pirates of barracuda bay set number 21322 may suggest a new release next year, 21/3/22

"Da Vinci Coding" the LEGO set numbers! :pir_laugh2:

The next LEGO Pirate set will be based on the recent LEGO Ideas contest winner, Ray the Castaway.

Just now, Mister Phes said:

Da Vinci Coding the LEGO set numbers! :pir_laugh2:

:pir-laugh::pir-laugh:  when i first ordered pirates of barracuda bay the set number jumped at me and made me excited :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, TheRiddlersMind said:

:pir-laugh::pir-laugh:  when i first ordered pirates of barracuda bay the set number jumped at me and made me excited :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to do something special for the date anyway, whether as an individual (a MOC to go with Barracuda Bay) or collectively (a contest or collaborative building event). Plenty of time before then so you could always start planning now!

2022 would be 30 years since 6277: Imperial Trading Post, and IF lego makes an imperial set I'd think they'll pick redcoats (last seen 2009) as those have been away much longer then bluecoats (2015) , however Armada hasn't had a modern variant either.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

2022 would be 30 years since 6277: Imperial Trading Post, and IF lego makes an imperial set I'd think they'll pick redcoats (last seen 2009) as those have been away much longer then bluecoats (2015) , however Armada hasn't had a modern variant either.

My number one is bluecoats since I had most of those as a kid, redcoats is a close second, however armada was in my dark age so I have little interest in them then and now since they look more like conquistadors to me :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I have little interest in them then and now since they look more like conquistadors to me

They conquistadors. :pir-wink:

But what does the mighty Imperial Armada not interest you?

6 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

They conquistadors. :pir-wink:

But what does the mighty Imperial Armada not interest you?

1. I have no relationship to them
  2. They look very different to red- and bluecoats, would be better if they were the same just e.g. green
  3. Do not like the sets they came in or any other pirate set in the nineties after 1994

I assume from you profile picture that you do not agree :pir-tongue:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I assume from you profile picture that you do not agree

Oh helmet isn't a morion, it's my chamber pot. :pir-grin:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

They look very different to red- and bluecoats, would be better if they were the same just e.g. green

And that's the point. The Imperial Guard torso was just a red palette swap of the Imperial Soldier torso, so doing that a third time for the Imperial Armada would be too derivative... and boring!

I like how the LEGO Group bothered to innovate and come up with something completely different which enables us to represent another period in history... it  also adds more depth and variation to the LEGO Pirates theme.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They look very different to red- and bluecoats, would be better if they were the same just e.g. green

I think the different style makes sense, those Morion helmets weren't just used by spain alone but a time-period style of helmet for the 16-17th century. 

Wouldn't surprise me if LEGO did Armada sets again, that there would be Silver ingots included instead of gold.

That said, the Armada wave of LEGO sets was small, never had a big fortress, and I don't forsee a remake of Armada Flagship soon, unless LEGO has some surprises, but right now I'd prefer locations over more ships.

Why armada was somewhat relevant to me : 

There's a lot of Dutch vs Spain history (80 year war) , and sea battles involving ships carrying silver, thats why I think having a different faction then just French/English Soldiers is nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_treasure_fleet

" Only the Dutch admiral Piet Hein managed to capture an entire fleet, in the Battle in the Bay of Matanzas in 1628, after which its cargo was taken to the Dutch Republic."

Edited by TeriXeri

55 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

That said, the Armada wave of LEGO sets was small, never had a big fortress

Might have something to do with the LEGO Pirates theme winding down by the time the Imperial Armada made their debut which sadly eliminated such possibilities.

56 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

There's a lot of Dutch vs Spain history (80 year war)

Maybe the LEGO Group could innovate once more and introduce a new sub theme! :pir-oh3:

Nah, they like to play it safe because that's where the money is.

However, many years ago, in the LEGO Pirates Forum, we speculated what minifigs from a possible Dutch sub-theme could look like (we named the sub-theme "The Haven Guard")

So rather than just repaint the Imperial torso a third time, we decided the troops could be based on the Dutch musketeers.

image.png

image.png