David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

Actually Babyteeth, one who designed the Caribbean Clipper, just built new moc which closely resembles to Ironram.

???? ??? - ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? 
? ??? ??????? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ????????? ?

Avast Ye! Pirates! Just take a look at this amazing #LEGO #MOC ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? from South Korean designer, 애기이빨_레고창작가 ?? A ship of the line was a type of naval warship constructed from the 17th century. The ship of the line was designed for the naval tactic known as the line of battle, which depended on the two columns of opposing warships maneuvering to fire with the cannons along their broadsides.

? More images: https://bit.ly/3aTB2uQ
? Follow Babyteeth: https://www.instagram.com/kwakly/

??????? ???????:
 Height: 70 cm
 Width: 90 cm
 Cannons: Over 100
 Elements: Over 5600 bricks
 Custom sails

Babyteeth has also designed Caribbean Clipper! You can support it on LEGO Ideas!

? Support the Project: https://bit.ly/2yVXd5X

Images copyright: 애기이빨_레고창작가 / www.brickinside.com

Image may contain: sky and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water
No photo description available.

35 minutes ago, Rockyjw2004 said:

Actually Babyteeth, one who designed the Caribbean Clipper, just built new moc which closely resembles to Ironram.

???? ??? - ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? 
? ??? ??????? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ????????? ?

Avast Ye! Pirates! Just take a look at this amazing #LEGO #MOC ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? from South Korean designer, 애기이빨_레고창작가 ?? A ship of the line was a type of naval warship constructed from the 17th century. The ship of the line was designed for the naval tactic known as the line of battle, which depended on the two columns of opposing warships maneuvering to fire with the cannons along their broadsides.

? More images: https://bit.ly/3aTB2uQ
? Follow Babyteeth: https://www.instagram.com/kwakly/

??????? ???????:
 Height: 70 cm
 Width: 90 cm
 Cannons: Over 100
 Elements: Over 5600 bricks
 Custom sails

Babyteeth has also designed Caribbean Clipper! You can support it on LEGO Ideas!

? Support the Project: https://bit.ly/2yVXd5X

Images copyright: 애기이빨_레고창작가 / www.brickinside.com

Image may contain: sky and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water

What a beautiful monstrum!

I think a revamp of imperial armada, even if part of an ideas one off, would be nice seeing as how both imperial soldiers and guards have got updated minifigure designs.

My own attempt:

Spoiler

uc?export=view&id=1pYW77tt3yU2B6ehv9DaN99E_0u3jkW6a

Edited by Magical_Chicken

There has been repeated discussion about wanting another Xtra set for Pirates. An upcoming set recently showed up on IG that should be useful. Sorry, no cannons, but the sizable ribbon of 'water' might be useful. There are three parts that are too modern day to use, but any City builder would gladly take them off your hands.

I really think we will get more pirate sets. The barracuda set has been positively received by fans, and seems to be selling very well. It therefore makes a lot of sense that lego will release more sets in the series as well. Most likely an imperialist ship to accompany the pirate ship. I would be very surprised if not.

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There is a Pirate Ship coming in the VIDIYO theme 

$60 

615pcs

Where did you get this info?

Picture?

And what the heck is "the VIDIYO theme"?
I googled it but my reaction to it is *huh*
I don't get it.

7 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

There was a price list posted in the Vidiyo thread. To my knowledge no pictures yet.

45 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There is a Pirate Ship coming in the VIDIYO theme 

It'll be interesting to see how much they lean into the cartoony visuals of the theme. Just as with the castle, there's the potential for some interesting new recolours of genre-specific pieces here.

15 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

There was a price list posted in the Vidiyo thread. To my knowledge no pictures yet.

Ok, found it. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Set names and info for June sets revealed:

43109 - BEATBOX? $20 86 PIECES
43110 - BEATBOX? $20 89 PIECES
43111 - CANDY CASTLE $30 344 PIECES
43112 - ROBOT CAR $30 387 PIECES
43113 - STAGE $50 514 PIECES
43114 - PIRATE SHIP $60 615 PIECES
43115 - "STEREO" $100 996 PIECES

On 3/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Picture?

And what the heck is "the VIDIYO theme"?
I googled it but my reaction to it is *huh*
I don't get it.

the ship will probably  be pink and very very very very weird

This isn't really "future" speculation, but can someone who's knowlegable let me know when the two current "pirates" sets might be retired? I want to grab them both but $300 is a bit much to drop. They're both 2020 sets, should they last through the summer? This Christmas?

1 hour ago, JamesBenjamin said:

This isn't really "future" speculation, but can someone who's knowlegable let me know when the two current "pirates" sets might be retired? I want to grab them both but $300 is a bit much to drop. They're both 2020 sets, should they last through the summer? This Christmas?

It depends on how well they will sell. There was this interesting YouTube channel, which has bunch of videos discussing sets that will retire and all that, so you can keep an eye out there.:pir-wink:

On 3/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, JamesBenjamin said:

Playing with fire mate, with lego once they retire a set all the scalpers and you will try to get one, but when that happens 9/10 it sells on amazon/target/ or barnes and nobles afterwards, were their rewards program is more forgiving than the lego one at the moment except for amazon.  

I am more of a castle guy and my nephew is into pirates.  However, this is tragic news for all historic themes.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-designer-says-creator-3-in-1-is-the-new-home-of-retro-themes/

As I said on the castle thread.  This was released on the Ides of March.  Et tu Brute...

I am devastated.  

12 minutes ago, DaleDVM said:

I am more of a castle guy and my nephew is into pirates.  However, this is tragic news for all historic themes.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-designer-says-creator-3-in-1-is-the-new-home-of-retro-themes/

As I said on the castle thread.  This was released on the Ides of March.  Et tu Brute...

I am devastated.  

If you read the quotes, it's not nearly as bad as the headline makes out. The designer doesn't even say that Castle lives in the 3-in-1 theme, that's just speculation on the part of the article. What he's actually quoted is saying is far more promising - that Castle and Pirates are cornerstones of Lego and are not going away long-term.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, valon said:

the ship will probably  be pink and very very very very weird

Presumably, it'd be based on the "Pirate Punk" genre described here, and so far the sets and figures associated with that genre (the Punk Pirate and Shark Singer) have had a color scheme of primarily Black, Vibrant Coral, and Bright Bluish Green. So the ship would probably be designed to fit with that color scheme — perhaps a black hull with silver accents, and striped sails in Bright Bluish Green and Vibrant Coral.

You're right that it'd probably be weird, but I don't see that as a bad thing. After all, just last year we got two fairly traditional-looking pirate ships from Ideas and Creator 3-in-1, so a "weird" pirate ship could stand a better chance of offering some less conventional recolors, and less of a chance of competing with or getting in the way of more traditional-looking pirate builds in 2022 (like, hypothetically, a 90th anniversary set or a new Creator 3-in-1 set).

I will say that at a $60 price point, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full-size ship. Even the Creator Pirate Ship was at a $100 price point, same as Brickbeard's Bounty or The Brick Bounty. Also, I suspect that this rumored pirate ship would most likely be designed to function as a stage for musical performances, which can be scanned using the Vidiyo app in order to create music videos. Right now, I'm imagining something with a 12-wide hull like 41433, 41153, or 31083, but with more of a pirate-themed aesthetic, plus some speakers and stage lighting.

1 minute ago, Aanchir said:

Presumably, it'd be based on the "Pirate Punk" genre described here, and so far the sets and figures associated with that genre (the Punk Pirate and Shark Singer) have had a color scheme of primarily Black, Vibrant Coral, and Bright Bluish Green. So the ship would probably be designed to fit with that color scheme — perhaps a black hull with silver accents, and striped sails in Bright Bluish Green and Vibrant Coral.

You're right that it'd probably be weird, but I don't see that as a bad thing. After all, just last year we got two fairly traditional-looking pirate ships from Ideas and Creator 3-in-1, so a "weird" pirate ship could stand a better chance of offering some less conventional recolors, and less of a chance of competing with or getting in the way of more traditional-looking pirate builds in 2022 (like, hypothetically, a 90th anniversary set or a new Creator 3-in-1 set).

I will say that at a $60 price point, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full-size ship. Even the Creator Pirate Ship was at a $100 price point, same as Brickbeard's Bounty or The Brick Bounty. Also, I suspect that this rumored pirate ship would most likely be designed to function as a stage for musical performances, which can be scanned using the Vidiyo app in order to create music videos. Right now, I'm imagining something with a 12-wide hull like 41433, 41153, or 31083, but with more of a pirate-themed aesthetic, plus some speakers and stage lighting.

those colors will work for a pirate ship, that could be cool, rock would not though

Not a single Ideas red/bluecoat set made it among the 31 on BL. I think this is good news, the most likely reason is that they are making a official one, at least that is what I hope :pir_tong2:

33 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Not a single Ideas red/bluecoat set made it among the 31 on BL. I think this is good news, the most likely reason is that they are making a official one, at least that is what I hope 

Let's hope so! Wait a minute- did that Ideas vote for a revival of an old theme end?

3 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Let's hope so! Wait a minute- did that Ideas vote for a revival of an old theme end?

Yes, but we will not know the winner before next year when we get the set :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but we will not know the winner before next year when we get the set :shrug_oh_well:

Hmm. Castle probably won, but I would love to get pirates.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Not a single Ideas red/bluecoat set made it among the 31 on BL. I think this is good news, the most likely reason is that they are making a official one, at least that is what I hope :pir_tong2:

31 on BL?

What 31? What is BL?

6 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

31 on BL?

What 31? What is BL?

31 old Ideas sets that made it into review, but did not make it into production. They now get a new chance on Bricklink (BL), the 13 first of them that gets 3000 buyers will be made into "sets" :classic:

Edited by Roebuck

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

31 old Ideas sets that made it into review, but did not make it into production. They now get a new chance on Bricklink (BL), the 13 first of them that gets 3000 buyers will be made into "sets" :classic:

Not saying they are not beautifull sets, but they could have chosen more wisely. On top of my head, I would say at least 4 old ideas are in the same line of Old Fishing Store, making it probably difficult to see one of those 4 make it into a set.

Only the Venetian idea really appeals to me (and can be used in a Pirate themed lay-out).

Or if you want to do some orient stuff with your pirates, the Temple and Japan ideas are nice as well