David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

11 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous replies, but what do you think the chance of the new Pirates of Barracuda Bay set spawning a new pirates theme? That would really be a dream come true!

Certainly can see them make more Pirates sets, personally hope the Soldier hat on the skeleton and Islanders statue head are hints for more.

This year still has the Creator set as well, which at €100 is the largest 3-in-1 set in years, and so far the larger 3-in-1 sets have great alternate build potential.

Edited by TeriXeri

I actually think an Age of Exploration theme would be the best way to go. LEGO's push for the Asian markets could be pursued by beginning with the voyages of Marco Polo. Sets depicting that era could also appeal to Castle builders. Where are all those merchant vessels that our Pirates are supposed to prey on, and our Imperials and Armada supposed to protect?

Active play potential would be key to making such a theme successful, though. I know a lot of us AFOLs decry stud shooters, but they make sense for a Pirates theme. Some of the other shooters could be 'harpoon throwers'. Ships designed with easily removable sections to show battle damage to give them more action elements, and incentive for buying opposing forces. Even sails printed to look like they have been patched could add a suggestion of prior combat.

Quick! Let's get to designing!

On 3/14/2017 at 4:32 PM, mon-o-mat said:

I hope the next pirates will have tricorns for the soldiers and not those stupid tschakos, but I don't know how you argue that in normal pirates they will have those because in they are in a POTC set. They also had tricorns in the first wave of POTC and we saw soldiers witch tschakos after that.
Concerning guns I really wish that TLC would finally give them a new design. I mean we got new better looking swords,spears and bows but are still stuck with a 30 year old design for the guns. I don't say that the old ones should be completly abandoned but still be the main weapon for the pirates, but the soldiers could really use something that would look more like a musket and not a thunderbluss. (If we are at it some rapier like wepaon would be nice to xD)

personally, i quite like the lego shako although i do agree that for the soldiers a musket-shaped gun would be better than a blunderbuss.

With "pirates of barracuda bay" becoming a set, TLG should re-release the Imperial Flagship. Maybe just update the minifigs or keep them the same; most of the printed parts were decommissioned and would have to be brought back

On 4/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, Adalsteinn said:

With "pirates of barracuda bay" becoming a set, TLG should re-release the Imperial Flagship. Maybe just update the minifigs or keep them the same; most of the printed parts were decommissioned and would have to be brought back

Agree. Either the re-release of the flagship oooooor approve this when the time comes. Or even better, do both.

Click here to support this idea

SUPPORT NOW

4 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

Agree. Either the re-release of the flagship oooooor approve this when the time comes. Or even better, do both.

Yeah I would agree! A new pirate line would be a dream come true. But if Lego "remade" the Caribbean Clipper...I might need to buy 2 :grin:

All good ideas. I would definitely buy a new large scale pirate ship, especially if it is imperial.

I would even take a redux of Eldorado fortress or the imperial trading post.

The xtra set
40341.jpg

Is really good as a addition to the pirate bay, but we can dream of getting one even better :pir-wink:

1. a cannon on wheels with a few cannon balls
  2. keep the chest but include gold coins
  3. change the shark with the new hammerhead shark
  4. a fish or two, but include a fishing rod
  5. change the parrot with a chicken
  6. include a seagull, lobster and or the new turtle
  7. some pirate weapons if there are room for more parts

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The xtra set

Is really good as a addition to the pirate bay, but we can dream of getting one even better :pir-wink:

1. a cannon on wheels with a few cannon balls
  2. keep the chest but include gold coins
  3. some pirate weapons (guns and swords)
  4. change the shark with the new hammerhead shark
  5. a fish or two, but include a fishing rod
  6. change the parrot with a chicken
  7. include a seagull, lobster and or the new turtle

8. Remove Surfboard, Flippers, Harpoon, Orange Cone, Yellow Star, White Clam, Binoculars (didn't exist during the Pirate era)

8 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

8. Remove Surfboard, Flippers, Harpoon, Orange Cone, Yellow Star, White Clam, Binoculars (didn't exist during the Pirate era)

A white clam would fit in with pirates. Also, this:

image.jpeg.39f0341205ee1d2adfd76bdcd6b536f7.jpeg

edit: the star is gold and it's nice to meet you :)

Edited by mothman99

Hey, does anybody plan on using the tavern build fro the creator pirate ship and attaching it to the dock from the barracuda bay set?

4 hours ago, mothman99 said:

Hey, does anybody plan on using the tavern build fro the creator pirate ship and attaching it to the dock from the barracuda bay set?

What tavern build? Did I i miss some new pictures being spoiled?

2 hours ago, Huaojozu said:

What tavern build? Did I i miss some new pictures being spoiled?

No, no images for the tavern yet. I should of elaborated. What i meant was if anybody planned to try to take the tavern build ( whatever it looks like) and combine it with the dock that's left over from the pirates of barracuda bay set. 

LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay set officially unveiled

13 hours ago, mothman99 said:

No, no images for the tavern yet. I should of elaborated. What i meant was if anybody planned to try to take the tavern build ( whatever it looks like) and combine it with the dock that's left over from the pirates of barracuda bay set. 

I'm certainly interested to see what the Creator 3-in-1 Pirate Ship set will bring in term of parts to expand on the Pirate Barracuda Set.

Also gives me a good reason to take apart some older 2016-2019 sets (mostly 3-in-1 sets).

Edited by TeriXeri

IG has an image of a City set with what looks like the stern of a 'sunken' ship. It's one of those huge modern ship sets, but it's inclusion could mean other shipwreck builds in more moderate sets.

2 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

IG has an image of a City set with what looks like the stern of a 'sunken' ship. It's one of those huge modern ship sets, but it's inclusion could mean other shipwreck builds in more moderate sets.

Legoleaks Instagram?

If there's a new wave in 2021, I think there's probably a better chance that we get an Imperial ship of some sort than either of the last two pirate waves. In those waves it made sense for Lego to make the large ship a traditional pirate ship, since it will have broader appeal and is much more iconic within pop culture than a soldier ship.  

However, if there is a new wave in 2021 (trying not to get my hopes up) both Barracuda Bay and the 3-in-1 pirate ship could still be on shelves (or very recently retired). I can't see Lego having three pirate ships on the shelf at the same time, which raises my hopes for a large Imperial ship or fort.

That said, we got a ship with red striped sails (TLG's tried and true formula), we're getting the 3-in-1 ship/tavern/skull-island... I'm a little nervous we're getting these one-off sets instead of a new line a'la Silent Mary. I hope this is not the case.

Edited by gza

16 hours ago, gza said:

If there's a new wave in 2021, I think there's probably a better chance that we get an Imperial ship of some sort than either of the last two pirate waves. In those waves it made sense for Lego to make the large ship a traditional pirate ship, since it will have broader appeal and is much more iconic within pop culture than a soldier ship.  

However, if there is a new wave in 2021 (trying not to get my hopes up) both Barracuda Bay and the 3-in-1 pirate ship could still be on shelves (or very recently retired). I can't see Lego having three pirate ships on the shelf at the same time, which raises my hopes for a large Imperial ship or fort.

That said, we got a ship with red striped sails (TLG's tried and true formula), we're getting the 3-in-1 ship/tavern/skull-island... I'm a little nervous we're getting these one-off sets instead of a new line a'la Silent Mary. I hope this is not the case.

Alternatively,  the secondary flagship build, no pun intended,  Could be a ship commandeered by Captain Iron Hook.

Throwing in my two cents; also hoping for an imperial ship in 2021 as well.