David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

On 2/21/2020 at 3:35 AM, Hive said:

The tricorn hat with red feather and integrated brown hair should be the most interesting

It's about time the LEGO Group found a way of separating hair pieces from hats so they can be interchangeable.

Something similar was done for this 2015 minifig.

image.png

I hope the pirate female look more like the last pirate females and less like the swashbucler :pir-sceptic: The hat is fine, but I do not like the rest :pir_wacko:

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It's about time the LEGO Group found a way of separating hair pieces from hats so they can be interchangeable.

What the... why are you quoting me? Pretty sure I never wrote that quote yoo attributed to me. *huh*:laugh:

27 minutes ago, Hive said:

What the... why are you quoting me? Pretty sure I never wrote that quote yoo attributed to me. *huh*:laugh:

The only conclusion I've drawn so far is we have a hive mind.

No wait!  That makes no sense!

It's because I'm stupid.

Ok, let's try again:

On 2/21/2020 at 3:31 AM, Robert8 said:

The tricorn hat with red feather and integrated brown hair should be the most interesting here. Otherwise, a typical pirate sword is included as an accessory.

image.png

Surprisingly understated, but I like her! I'm hoping there's some more detail we're not seeing on the leg printing; it looks like she has some cool boots. I wish they were still doing the bios so we could learn more about these characters.

Edited by TalonCard

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

87594855_2554595198120472_2118346268939031155_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=qg9eBgvCOsUAX_SKlK-&oh=4d76755e6422ff562cba4d15f71f6df8&oe=5E8255B3

Okay, not so horroristic from this angle, but still not my favorite. Hmm, have to admit that mole and the broken tooth gives an authentic pirate wench feeling.

The printed legs and the hatpiece is super cool tho'.

Advanced issues found

?

On 2/9/2020 at 2:29 PM, Akbalder said:

The 10210 Imperial Flagship could be re-released without any modification and it would still look perfect.

(I kinda hope that it will happen)

Yes, I totally agree. There is one similar Imperial Flagship in the lego ideas. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d9520a0b-a039-4e20-a966-8d1e59151ad1

We can support it.

She's quite underwhelming for me. Sure, the face print (although weird) is refreshingly unique and the hair piece is great - but the torso and legs aren't anything to be excited about, they're rather plain looking.

56 minutes ago, Hive said:

She's quite underwhelming for me.

Yeah, I feel the same way...  she does look rather plain but maybe that's deliberate.

I feel the design of the original being channeled somewhat.

image.png

51 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Yeah, I feel the same way...  she does look rather plain but maybe that's deliberate.

I feel the design of the original being channeled somewhat.

image.png

Yeah but we already got an updated version of that classic figure in Pirates 2015. A better version than the upcoming one, in my opinion. I'd rather they had tried something a bit more fresh.

I'm not really into newer face expression, don't like the white spot indicating the iris. I'm kind of emotionally bound to the older two-dot-smile style so I might as well just swap it with these options:

8381.png8365.pngLego Minifigure, Head Female with Messy Black Hair, Thick Red Lips Pattern - Blocked Open StudLego Minifigure, Head Female with Red Lips, Small Eyebrows Pattern - Blocked Open Stud3626bpx48.png

51 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

don't like the white spot indicating the iris. I'm kind of emotionally bound to the older two-dot-smile style so I might as well just swap it with these options:

Aye, I second that.

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

87594855_2554595198120472_2118346268939031155_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=qg9eBgvCOsUAX_SKlK-&oh=4d76755e6422ff562cba4d15f71f6df8&oe=5E8255B3

The figure overall isn't bad & nice to see a new pirate minifig...but it is ugly in the face all day long.  All the older lady pirate figures were awesome...but this one sucks.  If I end up getting it, I'm definitely replacing the head.  This face can be used for an ugly step sister minifig like in Shrek 2.

bb898cbb47a0293ccc48d393af030e7bf9548daa69cc2d7c6dba8d24afd7bb53_1.jpg

Edited by cheetor1981

Actually her face is my favorite part in the figure, even if I think an eyepatch would have helped a little bit here

I actually interesting that she isn't missing any limb or organ. The LEGO pirates are always missing an eye, leg or hand. (except the S12 Swashbuckler that is)

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The LEGO pirates are always missing an eye, leg or hand. (except the S12 Swashbuckler that is)

Haha, the one and only Redbeard actually misses everything from one of the paired organs and limbs. Either the most experienced or the worst pirate we've ever seen.

17 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

Haha, the one and only Redbeard actually misses everything from one of the paired organs and limbs. Either the most experienced or the worst pirate we've ever seen.

I'd say Ironhook lost more, like his uniform and epaulets.

Edited by TeriXeri