David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

19 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

have them release new sets with a more Classic design instead of copies of old sets.

And @pantelis continues to prove that it can be done. His MOCs are straight out of early 80's catalogues.

The 10210 Imperial Flagship could be re-released without any modification and it would still look perfect.

(I kinda hope that it will happen)

Unfortunately, the 10210 uses several molds that have been retired: the pre-2015 prefab hulls and masts.

Edited by icm

19 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

And @pantelis continues to prove that it can be done. His MOCs are straight out of early 80's catalogues.

If the 80's sets had 3000 parts and today's parts maybe :wink: I really looking forward to seeing the finished product :excited:

Edit; sorry tough that was the designer of the pirate bay :blush:

19 hours ago, Akbalder said:

The 10210 Imperial Flagship could be re-released without any modification and it would still look perfect.

It definitely could, but since we did not get a "out of the vault" set last year, maybe Lego are finished with the theme :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Roebuck
Typo and misunderstanding

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Has this been done in previous re-released sets?

Yes, though not in a large scale.

18 minutes ago, Hive said:

Yes, though not in a large scale.

Do you happen to know which parts and re-release sets this occurred?

Or is that question way too specific?

13 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Do you happen to know which parts and re-release sets this occurred?

Or is that question way too specific?

I believe actually that the Black Seas Barracuda re-release was slightly different from the original and had a larger piece count -  but I'm not familiar with the specifics.

2 hours ago, icm said:

Unfortunately, the 10210 uses several molds that have been retired: the pre-2015 prefab hulls and masts.

Unless I'm grossly derelict in my memory, that is not right. 
It uses the same new flat hull pieces as the POTC ships and the Dolphin Cruiser.
It definitely uses the newest style of mast. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=64651&idColor=120#T=C&C=120
bow and stern.

Unless you are talking about going from brick connections to technic pin connections.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2560&idColor=120#T=C&C=120
vs 
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=95227#T=C

but that's such a minor update.

Edited by Masked Mini

Well you're technically correct and that's the best kind of correct.
Wouldn't change the BOM (bill of materials) much for a re-issue though. Change hull pieces over and add maybe 21 technic pins to the list, update 3-4 pages of the instructions.
That's nothing compared to trying to re-issue the Skull's Eye Schooner, Armada Flagship or Caribbean Clipper. Even re-issuing the IMTP Trading ship would need more work than that. The mast, sail, hinges (bow and cargo/bridge) and foc'sle plate are out of production and would require a drastic overhaul of the model.

Edited by Masked Mini

Speaking of bring back old parts, I do wonder how they handle the Raised Baseplate situation for The Pirate Bay set.

I doubt they'll bring back baseplates for this so maybe they use bricks with the help of some BURPS to make some terrain/hollow spaces.

Hidden Side lighthouse is much smaller but the backside of the BURP can still be used as a little cave, but it depends if this gets a "camera unfriendly" side or not.

51542.png

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Thank you for this Masked Mini.. Iam very glad that you feel this from my MOCs. I will still inspired from the gold years of lego. When the sets was for play!!! 

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I do wonder how they handle the Raised Baseplate situation for The Pirate Bay set

If I spotted that right, the creator built two versions. One on that baseplate and one without. Atleast in several of the renders the baseplate doesn't appear to be used.
I just started to think about replacing the old castle raised base plate with GURPs and BURPs to try and bring back Eldorado and Imperial Trading Post.

1 hour ago, pantelis said:

Thank you for this Masked Mini.. Iam very glad that you feel this from my MOCs. I will still inspired from the gold years of lego. When the sets was for play!!! 

You set a really high standard with your builds. You are doing to Castle what we here wish TLG would do with a Pirate re-release. 

2 hours ago, pantelis said:

You love your MOCs! :pir-wub:

45 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

If I spotted that right, the creator built two versions. One on that baseplate and one without. Atleast in several of the renders the baseplate doesn't appear to be used.
I just started to think about replacing the old castle raised base plate with GURPs and BURPs to try and bring back Eldorado and Imperial Trading Post.

I still see it all the way up to the 10000 video, but not a big deal. :pir-classic:

The baseplate and BURP height is both 6 bricks, so they could maybe use some Tan BURPS for height, or add a little cave/stash in the back.

Right now this is for sure my most anticipated non-released 2020 set.:thumbup:

Just seems such a good way to get (back) into LEGO Pirates, it's been more then 25 years since the last official Pirates set (Enchanted Island) for me.:kahuka:

Edited by TeriXeri

59 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

You love your MOCs! :pir-wub:

Iam so glad for this Mister Phes!!!! 

1 hour ago, Masked Mini said:

You set a really high standard with your builds. You are doing to Castle what we here wish TLG would do with a Pirate re-release. 

Iam very happy for this comments really!! I wish lego listen all of as and give as a good set that we want all this years!!! 

1 hour ago, pantelis said:

Iam so glad for this Mister Phes!!!! 

Oops!  I meant to write "WE love your MOCs!"

I am experiencing lack of sleep at this time...  :pir-murder:

21 hours ago, Akbalder said:

I second you on this, instant buy! (if in the same kind of prices)

14 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

it's been more then 25 years since the last official Pirates set

Uhm... What about Pirates 2009 and 2015? 

30 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Uhm... What about Pirates 2009 and 2015? 

I said "for me" at the end of the sentence.

2002 ,2009 and 2015 Pirates I never got sets from as they were during my "dark ages".

But I also keep the old LEGO from before 2001 seperate so Pirate Bay or Pirate Ship would be a fresh start.

Edited by TeriXeri

There is a female pirate coming our way in CMF Series 20

She has a new classic tricorn+hair piece

"Pirate - The pirates should not be missing from the anniversary minifigure series. But this time there is the female form. The tricorn hat with red feather and integrated brown hair should be the most interesting here. Otherwise, a typical pirate sword is included as an accessory. The imprints of the minifigure are no longer spectacular. The torso is printed in a white robe with a brown belt. In addition, dark blue legs with red / brown print."

Just now, Robert8 said:

There is a female pirate coming our way in CMF Series 20

She has a new classic tricorn+hair piece

"Pirate - The pirates should not be missing from the anniversary minifigure series. But this time there is the female form. The tricorn hat with red feather and integrated brown hair should be the most interesting here. Otherwise, a typical pirate sword is included as an accessory. The imprints of the minifigure are no longer spectacular. The torso is printed in a white robe with a brown belt. In addition, dark blue legs with red / brown print."

Excellent news! Where did you get this info?

Just now, Hive said:

Excellent news! Where did you get this info?

Promobricks

They posted the description for all the 16 characters from Series20

Just now, Robert8 said:

Promobricks

They posted the description for all the 16 characters from Series20

Found it, thanks!