David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah, Harkonin had a freak-out over on the Ninjago thread because someone called him a liar and purged everything. :shrug_confused: Like, welcome to the internet . . 

Oops. Time will tell

5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Some of his claims seemed to be corroborated by others, but that may just have been him parroting someone with real knowledge as if it was his own intel. After that it was probably just guesswork, and some total BS to make it seem legit. When he came against someone that could call him on the bogus claims with some actual knowledge about TLG, instead of being confidently smug, he became overly defensive. The screen name he chose, the family name of the main villains in Dune, should have been a red flag.

I am fairly new here (I mean I didn’t come very often here before) so I don’t know who are the users with more knowledge of what going on at TLG. I really believed what he said...maybe some of it is true like you said....

20 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Oops. Time will tell

I am fairly new here (I mean I didn’t come very often here before) so I don’t know who are the users with more knowledge of what going on at TLG. I really believed what he said...maybe some of it is true like you said....

We simply don't know at the moment. He may have made it all up, but the guy calling him a liar was also new with only 4 posts to his name at the point of saying that (and he just happens to know someone at Lego to confirm that it's fake?).

However, @Falconfan1414 has gone on record saying that @Harkonen 's leaks were fake, and he has some trust from the Eurobricks community.

I'd be curious to see if @Itaria No Shintaku can chip in to see how the "leaks" line up with his expectations of a new Pirate/Castle line. Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, leafan said:

We simply don't know at the moment. He may have made it all up, but the guy calling him a liar was also new with only 4 posts to his name at the point of saying that (and he just happens to know someone at Lego to confirm that it's fake?).

However, @Falconfan1414 has gone on record saying that @Harkonen 's leaks were fake, and he has some trust from the Eurobricks community.

I'd be curious to see if @Itaria No Shintaku can chip in to see how the "leaks" line up with his expectations of a new Pirate/Castle line. Any thoughts?

Well, depressingly, it does seem like he was making up some of it. When we heard that the Skull Sorceror’s Dungeon, the next Ninjago flagship villain lair set, was going to be  reminiscent of a board game, I wondered if maybe all the sets in the line would have side builds that followed the board game design and could be attached to the Dungeon. He immediately told me that they did indeed, and I was excited . . but I’m looking at the leaked ‘Fire Rock Mech’ (please don’t let that be the final name at least call it a Volcano Mech or something) and not seeing a board game piece side build. So I don’t really see how we can take him at his word, honestly. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, depressingly, it does seem like he was making up some of it. When we heard that the Skull Sorceror’s Dungeon, the next Ninjago flagship villain lair set, was going to be  reminiscent of a board game, I wondered if maybe all the sets in the line would have side builds that followed the board game design and could be attached to the Dungeon. He immediately told me that they did indeed, and I was excited . . but I’m looking at the leaked ‘Fire Rock Mech’ (please don’t let that be the final name at least call it a Volcano Mech or something) and not seeing a board game piece side build. So I don’t really see how we can take him at his word, honestly. 

Regardless of the Boardgame being real or not,  putting a small piece of a boardgame in a big mech set would just be a bad move imo.

42 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Regardless of the Boardgame being real or not,  putting a small piece of a boardgame in a big mech set would just be a bad move imo.

Except that based on the leaked Dungeon set the board game is real. And Harkonin did accurately predict that there would be a new Spinjitzu tornado that was hexagonal and worked as a dice - you can see it on the art of the Dungeon. So . . I don’t know? He was partly right but partly wrong . . 

7 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Except that based on the leaked Dungeon set the board game is real. And Harkonin did accurately predict that there would be a new Spinjitzu tornado that was hexagonal and worked as a dice - you can see it on the art of the Dungeon. So . . I don’t know? He was partly right but partly wrong . . 

I'm not questioning the existence of the boardgame itself, but rather wonder how much the mech set would be a part of it, that's all :thumbup:

Anyhow I see this is the Pirate section so not going too off topic.

Edited by TeriXeri

34 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Anyhow I see this is the Pirate section so not going too off topic.

Haha, does not really matter, the Pirate section is just waiting for real pictures like mad :sweet:

The back of the ship looks a bit too tall and the set as a whole looks kinda small for it's 100$ price tag... But i'm still quite excited for it. I am really glad LEGO Creator finally does something new and interesting. Maybe we'll get even more Pirates or Castle sets under the Creator line in the future, who knows...:shrug_oh_well:.

Edited by Lego David

2 minutes ago, Lego David said:

back of the ship looks a bit too tall 

I believe they included a captains cabin for minifigs to stand. So they need a specific height. But it looks definitely odd. 

5 minutes ago, Lego David said:

the set as a whole looks kinda small for it's 100$ price tag.

(As I designed a complete brick-built-hull-ship for myself) I can say that most of the bricks are going to build the hull itself. So in this case it is appropriate that the Creator ship looks smaller than a "normal" Pirate ship for 100$ because it is not using any prefab hull pieces. And a hull needs many bricks. :wacko:

As far as I can see on the blurry leak image, there are two cannons on each side. So the dream of three cannons popped. :look:

The figurehead seems to have red hair and a green tail. So maybe it's a minifig.

I just laid up the keel of my copy of La Grenouille (SEC by: MOC your bricks).
Built on 8 white prefabs and it is STILL ~2700 pieces. Bricks go fast if you need to build out the shape of a hull.

Let's wait for the alternate builds before we render judgement!
I hope the tavern build will be awesome.
And the island build will be a nice consolation to those YARR-fans who can not afford The Pirate Bay.

2 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

Let's wait for the alternate builds before we render judgement!
I hope the tavern build will be awesome.
And the island build will be a nice consolation to those YARR-fans who can not afford The Pirate Bay.

Also I wonder how the Pirate Bay will end up, as it uses several ship parts in the design, if the design is coordinated, both sets could be a great combination for Pirates Ship/Island builds.

Edited by TeriXeri

48 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

bluecoat soldiers

NEW bluecoats. Damn.
I guess it's better they revert to that than the new Redcoat design.
Can't say I'm not disappointed they didn't go all the way back to Classic with the design.

OH! This castle is a Pirate/Soldier castle not a castle theme castle.
It's starting to look like my Lego Store Employee wasn't wrong with "Pirates coming back in a big way" after all. That makes 3 Pirate(ish) sets this year.

That is AWESOME! It never occured to me that a Hidden Side castle would be pirates related, but it makes perfect sense. I LOVE that they even built pirate attacks into Newbury history. Does anyone know if there's an English version of the magazine? I've got to get that issue.

1 minute ago, Masked Mini said:

my Lego Store Employee wasn't wrong with "Pirates coming back in a big way" after all

WHAT. Why did you not tell us that earlier???? :wub_drool::laugh::grin_wub::pir-grin:

These are interesting news. =)

16 minutes ago, Robin_IV said:

WHAT. Why did you not tell us that earlier???? :wub_drool::laugh::grin_wub::pir-grin:

These are interesting news. =)

He did, thirteen pages ago.

Let's go over the confirmed list: Pirate Bay Ideas set, Creator 3-in-1 pirate ship, Ninjago ship easily modified, skull dungeon Ninjago set, and ghost pirates in Hidden Side. That's all without a declared theme.

As Monkey Kid (LEAF) is expected to be based on Journey To The West, we could see something there too.

1 hour ago, Masked Mini said:

NEW bluecoats. Damn.
I guess it's better they revert to that than the new Redcoat design.
Can't say I'm not disappointed they didn't go all the way back to Classic with the design.

OH! This castle is a Pirate/Soldier castle not a castle theme castle.
It's starting to look like my Lego Store Employee wasn't wrong with "Pirates coming back in a big way" after all. That makes 3 Pirate(ish) sets this year.

Honestly, I love bluecoats.

Love how the pirates are returning lol. Just squeezing themselves through other themes. Ideas, Creator, Hidden Side now. I hope TLG will give up next year and just make the dedicated classic pirate line already!

It would definitely not be the first time. A few months after the first wave of the Harry Potter line was released, a LEGO designer said in an Interview (I think it was with Beyond the Brick) that they initially wanted to release the Line alongside the other themes and not lay too much focus on it. They were really surprised that the sale where exploding. Don't know if this is complete bs or how much the sales affected the release of the upcoming waves. 

But this shows that Lego disperses small crumbs of a certain cake (like Pirates) throughout their product lines and look how they work compared to other sets.

I'm super stoked for us, but no lie a little bummed for the Classic Castle primary crowd.
I was excited myself to get a Castle castle in Hidden side, but I'll take a new source of Pirate bits anywhere I can.

15 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Honestly, I love bluecoats.

I have ~120 of the classic Blues and around ~80 of the classic Reds. I just love the original print.
The redesign of the Redcoats is repellant to me. The redesign of the Blues is barely acceptable. If I have to resort to them to increase my Blue army I will, but with poor grace.
Once I've exhausted my ability to source Classic Reds I will go with (yuck Chinese) customs based on Classic Reds. The print quality isn't as perfect as I'd hoped but it blends well with used 30-40 year old originals. The saving grace there is they added a printed back to the torso that is well done. Makes them easy to identify and sort out later if needed. Yes. I hate the New Reds so much I'd rather have custom prints on knockoff torsos. I've been talking to my wife about justifying the cost of a 3-4 color pad printer just to churn out Classic 'Coats in Blue, Red, Green and Yellow. But the only way that would have made financial sense would be to sell them on bricklink and that's been shut down now by TLG.