David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

That sounds amazing and those sails look great! I know this isn't classic pirates, but between the new destiny's bounty, the monkey kid ship, and this, it's turning out to be a great wave for ship builders. I'm so excited!

3 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

That sounds amazing and those sails look great! I know this isn't classic pirates, but between the new destiny's bounty, the monkey kid ship, and this, it's turning out to be a great wave for ship builders. I'm so excited!

Yes, especially if the hull is going ot be well curved and sophisticated in techniques, not just bricks piled on each other like with the oldschool USS Constellation:

Képtalálatok a következőre: lego uss constellation instructions"

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP THERE’S A LEAKED CREATOR 3-IN-1 PIRATE SHIP AND IT LOOKS GREAT! . . oh, we already knew about this? Still, it’s cool.

Probably won’t get it though . . I love the look of it but I just don’t have the space . . 

Ok, is it me or does it look awfully... small? I do like the proportions, though, and the rolled-up sails are nice. The shark is cool too, and I do want to see the alternate builds.

Now that I look at it again, is that rigging on the top of the masts? When's the last time we've seen that on a lego ship? Honestly, I'm still excited for this set, but I'll have to see what else comes out before I know for sure that I'll get it.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by Hive

Destiny's Bounty is a flying ship, but from the leaks it looks like this version has a complete hull, unlike the 2012 and 2015 versions.  If so, it should be easy to remove the jet engines and have an oceangoing sailing ship for the Creator pirate ship to attack.  Two big brick built sailing ships in one summer!

5 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

On the leaked photo, I can only see one minifig. Has anyone saw the others?

Supposedly there are four

I think you can see a few others too, like the captain on top of the cabin (you can see tip of a sword and the feather off of his hat), and in the crow's nest (classic preliminary figure, entirely white in color). I hope that means that they have some new prints!

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP THERE’S A LEAKED CREATOR 3-IN-1 PIRATE SHIP AND IT LOOKS GREAT! . . oh, we already knew about this? Still, it’s cool.

The box art's definitely preliminary, but the set looks finalized... :oh: ...wow, I actually wasn't expecting the ship to look so refined, as its color choices don't seem typical of most Three-In-One sets. :thumbup: :classic:

Man, I'm sure liking how this'll bode for the future... :smug:

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

Instagram is the best place to look. Try #legoleaks, I'm sure it's on there

Ok, found it. Thanks!

Damm... looks like another "Brick Bounty/BrickBeard's Bounty" design.
The back of the ship gives the impression of being too tall.

Seems LEGO team has run out of ideas.

I'm not impressed. Will wait for a clearer photo.

P.S: I was hoping for a re-release of the Black Seas Barracuda within 2020 after I saw the video with the giant LEGO brick tree, but now I see this will not happen. Hmmmm... I'm thinking of committing heresy...

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Actually I like it so far. Pity that I couldn't get out any detail of the brickbuilt hull, from this leak it's still kinda look like a molded hull piece. Or it is just truly very authentic.

5 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

Actually I like it so far. Pity that I couldn't get out any detail of the brickbuilt hull, from this leak it's still kinda look like a molded hull piece. Or it is just truly very authentic.

I think it is brick built, the front of the ship has a different shape from the usual hull piece. It looks really good, a great natural shape. The more I look at this, the more I like it!

On 2/2/2020 at 9:10 AM, NetherCreeper said:

What monkey kid ship? I wasn’t aware that we knew anything about the Monkey Kid sets?

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

What monkey kid ship? I wasn’t aware that we knew anything about the Monkey Kid sets?

Yeah if I’m not mistaken a « new » user said that monkey kid was going to be buildings and a ship. But that user erased all of its posts and replaced them with a dot so I’m not sure we can rely on the info that was given

Just now, Megbricks said:

Yeah if I’m not mistaken a « new » user said that monkey kid was going to be buildings and a ship. But that user erased all of its posts and replaced them with a dot so I’m not sure we can rely on the info that was given

Yeah, after that I'm slightly suspicious... but who knows.

Either way, two complete ships is already beyond what usually happens, so I'm happy!

12 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Gotcha. Thanks! Though it sounds like the ship might be the literal flagship of the line, so I don’t know how optimistic I can be that it won’t turn out to be massively big and something I don’t have space for . . 

Yeah, Harkonin had a freak-out over on the Ninjago thread because someone called him a liar and purged everything. :shrug_confused: Like, welcome to the internet . . 

2 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Some of his claims seemed to be corroborated by others, but that may just have been him parroting someone with real knowledge as if it was his own intel. After that it was probably just guesswork, and some total BS to make it seem legit. When he came against someone that could call him on the bogus claims with some actual knowledge about TLG, instead of being confidently smug, he became overly defensive. The screen name he chose, the family name of the main villains in Dune, should have been a red flag.

Edited by gedren_y

8 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The screen name he chose, the family name of the main villains in Dune, should have been a red flag.

I wouldn't hold that against him.  After all, @Raskolnikov is a pretty good guy and a pretty great builder despite his murderous namesake!

Edited by icm

6 hours ago, kermit said:

it looks very wide i just hope it comes with some sea gulls

If they are, they are probably brick built like the other animals in this theme :sceptic:
Compared to the shark, the ship looks small, but the picture is so bad so hard to now for sure..
There seems to be a treasure chest in front of the ship with gold coins, I would not mind to get a few of them for a decent price if that is the case :pir-grin:

It looks smaller then I'd like, but not going to judge from a blurred photo - will definitely wait to see more pics. I think I'll buy one to hopefully show there is a desire for pirate ships. If the alternate builds are good pirate related builds than maybe I'll buy two...