David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

The first thing popped into my mind is the vintage 398 USS Constellation

398-1.jpg?201011130243Képtalálat a következőre: „lego 398”

It may well have a similar model-like feeling with modern colors and curves.

I also like BLUSER's solution for sails in studio, sadly cloth sails are not yet implemented there:

pilp6lQ.png?1

I'd definitely love to see similar tile-ish sails.

Edited by Medzomorak

I wouldn't hold my breath for intricate plate or tile sails. The piece count would be outrageous. Furled brick/plate sails maybe or larger Technic bricks are most likely in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For me, this set signifies a much more promising road ahead for the Creator theme, as we just might see further representation of other "Classic" themes from other future Three-In-One sets from here on out, something many including @danth and I have long hoped for... :blush:

CLASSIC. THEMED. CREATOR. SETS.

It's happening!

1 hour ago, danth said:

CLASSIC. THEMED. CREATOR. SETS.

It's happening!

...and in a very big way too! :oh3: I never thought they'd make their first steps into the foray of "Classic" themes with a $100 set... *huh*

Just now, Masked Mini said:

Just now, Boettner Builds said:

Got all excited about the pirate ship talk then disappointed at the brick built sails :(

You can always replace them with home made sails.

My first thought.

If it's in the style of the LEGO Pirates Ships we all love, I'll definitely buy it!

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

I hope we see pictures soon. Lego seems to be dragging their feet lately.

In any case, we should all buy the ship. I guess they are "testing the waters". If there will be enough interest in the ship, maybe they will consider a full theme? :)

If I remember correctly, the 2020 Pirates rumor started because someone on this forum was asking a Lego Store employee about the Pirate Bay and wondering aloud whether there would be any more Pirates sets this year.  The employee then said that yes, Pirates was coming back "in a big way," before being shushed by their supervisor.  At least, that's the story.  This pirate ship must be what that employee saw in whatever pre-release database they may have had access to.  It would be easy to see a listing for a $100 pirate ship, or a grainy thumbnail image, or whatever, and jump to the hopeful conclusion that there must be a whole Pirates wave, entirely innocently (by which I mean without any desire to spread false rumors).  ... Oh well, no Pirates line this year after all.  But the Creator pirate ship is definitely something to look forward to anyway.

I'm a bit affraid by the lack of cloth sails. I hope that we will see some images soon or that someone who saw the set will give us more details about the sails.

@icm well stated, although that doesn't account for the fact that Leaf is supposed to be a Pirate/Castle/Whatever mash-up.

A little hope lingers.

50 minutes ago, leafan said:

@icm well stated, although that doesn't account for the fact that Leaf is supposed to be a Pirate/Castle/Whatever mash-up.

A little hope lingers.

Well, I still have a ton of things to collect from the classic Pirates series anyway. The two previous - personally disappointing - Pirates reboot burnt me out slowly already. Technically I'm waiting for a big hit Pirates line for 20 years now. Something that holds for 3-4 years at least, something worthwhile to collect.

In the meantime my classic pirate fanatism went so extreme I even discovered a growing hate in myself for the newer color combinations, like reddish brown and blueish grey.  Yikes.

So yeah, this creator ship should better be good :D

8 hours ago, icm said:

The employee then said that yes, Pirates was coming back "in a big way," before being shushed by their supervisor.

That was me.
Your theory holds a reasonable amount of water.
I'm still holding out for a resurgence of Classic Pirates. But I'm happy we're getting anything at all thrown our way.
If this ship and the Pirate Bay sell well, it may push the beancounters at TLG to look into releasing a Pirate wave.

5 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Pirate Ship is listed at age 9+

1800 gram weight

https://www.libreriarayuela.com/es/objeto/lego-creator-barco-pirata_S110140063

Almost same box size as Temple Fair and 3-in-1 Petshop/Townhouse, slightly thicker box and around 100 grams more.

What does the "barco" bit in the URL mean? Anything, nothing?

Just now, leafan said:

What does the "barco" bit in the URL mean? Anything, nothing?

Barco is spanish for Boat/Ship, so Barco Pirata is Pirate Ship.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, icm said:

If I remember correctly, the 2020 Pirates rumor started because someone on this forum was asking a Lego Store employee about the Pirate Bay and wondering aloud whether there would be any more Pirates sets this year.  The employee then said that yes, Pirates was coming back "in a big way," before being shushed by their supervisor.  At least, that's the story.  This pirate ship must be what that employee saw in whatever pre-release database they may have had access to.  It would be easy to see a listing for a $100 pirate ship, or a grainy thumbnail image, or whatever, and jump to the hopeful conclusion that there must be a whole Pirates wave, entirely innocently (by which I mean without any desire to spread false rumors).  ... Oh well, no Pirates line this year after all.  But the Creator pirate ship is definitely something to look forward to anyway.

By stating that Pirates is returning "in a big way", perhaps the employee was only referencing the size of the Creator set rather than suggesting a whole theme? :def_shrug:

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By stating that Pirates is returning "in a big way", perhaps the employee was only referencing the size of the Creator set rather than suggesting a whole theme? :def_shrug:

Still find it interesting that before we even know what LEAF is based on, or what the Pirate Bay looks like, that we already get a Pirate set via Creator and a Castle via Hidden Side :thumbup:

Both large sets as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Something to consider with brick built sails, they could easily be made from panels, including these. Such sails could easily have decals, and given the nature of Creator, possibly multiple options.

Here ist a discription from zusammengebaut.de .

I did not translate it from German in english because nothing shall bei loosed by my bad english.

Das LEGO Creator 31109 Piratenschiff ist ein klasse Schiff: Für 99,99 Euro UVP bekommt der Baumeister ab Sommer so einiges geboten. Auch die Alternativ-Bauten, eine Insel und ein weiteres Gebäude (hier verblasst meine Erinnerung) haben mir vor Ort gut gefallen. Sehr löblich ist zudem, dass keine vorgefertigten großen Teile zum Einsatz kommen, der braune Schiffsrumpf wird schön mit Steinen realisiert! Die Segel werden zudem aus weißen Platten gebaut, und darauf wird mit schwarzen kleinen Fliesen (LEGO Dots lässt grüßen) ein Totenkopf gebaut. Großartig!

What I get from that post : 

Alternate Builds

• Island
  • Another Building

Brick-Built Hull in brown , no large prefabricated parts.

White plate sails with black Skull made out of small tiles.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Matthias said:

Here is a description from zusammengebaut.de...

Here are a few other interesting details @Zusammengebaut shared in response to questions posted in the article's comment board...

Via Google Translate...

• By the way, the pirate ship is not as big as the old classics! But it reaches a "city-compatible" size, so it could dock in a city. 
  • The hull is brown, black elements are used and the brick sails are white. I think I saw some figures, but unfortunately Matthias no longer knew that when asked.
  • The ship will definitely be on a minifigure scale! 

Re: the minifigures - I heard someone say that the image showed classic style Pirates on the ship, but that they may have simply been placeholders for the final product.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few other interesting details @Zusammengebaut shared in response to questions posted in the article's comment board...

This might yet turn out to be good. My only fear is that it is going to be more like a child's building kit instead of a more refined actual ship model.