David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

Hm the plot thickens,it sounds like this "leaf" theme could be a reboot of "Time Cruisers" or atleast share some elements from that theme like the whole time travel aspect.

Edited by LOTR34

Whatever it is, let's not put our hopes too high. Getting excited for something that isn't even confirmed often leads to disappointment. Plus, I really doubt LEGO would reboot all those themes at once, even if it's under one single theme. We would be lucky to get one new Castle or Pirates theme, but all at once? Let's be serious here. LEGO wouldn't do that.

52 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Whatever it is, let's not put our hopes too high. Getting excited for something that isn't even confirmed often leads to disappointment. Plus, I really doubt LEGO would reboot all those themes at once, even if it's under one single theme. We would be lucky to get one new Castle or Pirates theme, but all at once? Let's be serious here. LEGO wouldn't do that.

While I do agree about not getting excited prematurely,the idea of Lego mixing various themes together doesn't sound so far fetched.

I'm speculating here so bear with me but if this theme is about a bunch of heroes time traveling so they can collect a bunch of artifacts,then it sounds to me quite plausible.

21 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I'm speculating here so bear with me but if this theme is about a bunch of heroes time traveling so they can collect a bunch of artifacts,then it sounds to me quite plausible.

I agree that it's quite plausible... What isn't in my opinion though, is all this being some sort of reboot of Castle or Pirates

Edited by Lego David

26 minutes ago, Lego David said:

I agree that it's quite plausible... What isn't in my opinion though, is all this being some sort of reboot of Castle or Pirates

I never expected a full on classic pirates comeback and based on all the recent rumors that seems to be the case.But as long as we get a small taste of pirates in the near future then I'm fine with it.

5 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I never expected a full on classic pirates comeback and based on all the recent rumors that seems to be the case.But as long as we get a small taste of pirates in the near future then I'm fine with it.

For being what looks to be a theme bringing a few classic playthemes under its umbrella in some manner, I'm surprised Pirates and Castle are the only two that have been acknowledged so far, as if they're playing a more prominent role than other historical periods and settings. Heck, is this theme even gonna cover Space or the future in any sorta way? :def_shrug:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For being what looks to be a theme bringing a few classic playthemes under its umbrella in some manner, I'm surprised Pirates and Castle are the only two that have been acknowledged so far, as if they're playing a more prominent role than other historical periods and settings. Heck, is this theme even gonna cover Space or the future in any sorta way? :def_shrug:

If this is a time travel theme as we speculating then it'll probably include some futuristic sci-fi elements.But I'd rather have it focus on Pirates and Castle.

Edited by LOTR34

5 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

If this is a time travel theme as we speculating then it'll probably include some futuristic sci-fi elements.But I'd rather have it focus on Pirates and Castle.

But if it is a Time Travel theme, it'd be a real shame if it didn't touch upon at least some form of the future. For that matter, it'd be disappointing if such a theme only concerned itself with nostalgia of themes past, as there are many historical periods and cultures that such a theme could cover that have only seen representation within the Collectable Minifigure line. Ancient Rome or Greece anyone? :wink:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But if it is a Time Travel theme, it'd be a real shame if it didn't touch upon at least some form of the future. For that matter, it'd be disappointing if such a theme only concerned itself with nostalgia of themes past, as there are many historical periods and cultures that such a theme could cover that have only seen representation within the Collectable Minifigure line. Ancient Rome or Greece anyone? :wink:

Call me shortsighted but I'd be totally fine if it focused only on nostalgic themes and nothing else.

You make a good point though,so if we do get a mix of ancient cultures I hope there are also fantasy elements.If it's 100% pure historical then that would be boring :sceptic:

But let's not stray too much off topic,the mods might get angry.

Edited by LOTR34

As much as I would be happy to see anything that's Pirates related (or Castle or Classic Space for that matter), I would really prefer a solid line of sets sticking to one theme rather than Time Cruisers sort of thing. I don't mind if it's infused with AR or any other gimmick as long it has decent builds and is not Junior/mini-dolls.

7 hours ago, meliander said:

As much as I would be happy to see anything that's Pirates related (or Castle or Classic Space for that matter), I would really prefer a solid line of sets sticking to one theme rather than Time Cruisers sort of thing.

It'd be better than nothing; and besides, as I've already mentioned, it'd be an ample opportunity for themes, genres and settings that have never before had any playset/playtheme representation.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It'd be better than nothing; and besides, as I've already mentioned, it'd be an ample opportunity for themes, genres and settings that have never before had any playset/playtheme representation.

The best thing I see that can come from this, as this could be a Theme which can cover a lot of subjects without each needing it's own theme.

But that requires sets to be solid and focused on 1 subject at a time, for example 1 set would be a pirate ship, not mixed with roman soldiers or cavemen in the same set.

Of course, to play it safe, I hope they'll focus on existing subjects first, like Pirates,Castle, or past themes like Vikings/Western/Egypt before going all-in to some unknown era (or only mentioned in CMF so far)

Of course they can branch out and make like a Roman Soldiers set, but I don't think it should be the largest set right away until the Theme has gained some ground and not be a 1-year flop.

Edited by TeriXeri

I'm giddy as a schoolgirl sneaking into the boys locker-room. :moar:

It doesn't have to be time-travel, it could be Lego realms too. Think back to before Bricklink was bought, back when everything was awesome.
Lego was depicted more as timewise co-existing realms or geographic areas with borders. This theme could expand upon the basic thought from the movie without being The Lego Movie.
Maybe have the wizard guy pop in on AR and help guide you to be a masterbuilder yourself? Granted that's not much different than travelling in time as opposed to between areas experiencing different times. Horse drawn DeLoreans when??

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

The best thing I see that can come from this, as this could be a Theme which can cover a lot of subjects without each needing it's own theme.

But that requires sets to be solid and focused on 1 subject at a time, for example 1 set would be a pirate ship, not mixed with roman soldiers or cavemen in the same set.

I'd imagine a Time Travel theme's premise would initially stick to that well-worn "collect-them-all" trope, thereby having its protagonists scurrying throughout history on their quest without too much messing-up/entanglement of the timeline. Perhaps more serious repercussions within that vein could be the subject of follow-up waves; but for its debut, it should perhaps keep its premise simple and classic... :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Of course, to play it safe, I hope they'll focus on existing subjects first, like Pirates,Castle, or past themes like Vikings/Western/Egypt before going all-in to some unknown era (or only mentioned in CMF so far)

Of course they can branch out and make like a Roman Soldiers set, but I don't think it should be the largest set right away until the Theme has gained some ground and not be a 1-year flop.

I suppose, though it'd kinda be of some piece-of-mind if just a few of its debut sets offered some degree of representation for those yet-unrepresented historical periods. That way, if the line does indeed end-up being a one-wave flop, then at least some of those themes didn't miss the train for one of the few viable chances they may have at playset representation.

Any idea when we should get News? I can’t wait to know. I hope the time travel thing is confirmed. It would bring a lot of possible subthemes. I am hoping for a kind of « lego-dimensions-thing » for mobile/AR. 

it could also be a great tv series....

Edited by Megbricks

3 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Any idea when we should get News? I can’t wait to know.

Given that it's a 2HY release, I think it's likely it'll be announced at February 2020's New York Toy Fair like Hidden Side was at this year's NYTF. :wink:

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given that it's a 2HY release, I think it's likely it'll be announced at February 2020's New York Toy Fair like Hidden Side was at this year's NYTF. :wink:

Coooool so not too far away. I want Egypt, far west, castle, pirates, future, all of those:)

i can’t remember if last year we got to see pictures of HS before the toy fair...

Edited by Megbricks

34 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

i can’t remember if last year we got to see pictures of HS before the toy fair...

I believe we did have our first look at the theme a month earlier at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, though everybody at the time thought it was a new subtheme of City.

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I believe we did have our first look at the theme a month earlier at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, though everybody at the time thought it was a new subtheme of City.

Cool thanks. I am craving for new stuff. I know there are already a few new themes coming but I feel these are more of a one wave only type of thing. I am looking forward to a new 2-3 years theme that evolves with new universe every year. Kinda like ninjago or nexo knights. I feel that this time travel thing if true would be very interesting. 

Edited by Megbricks

6 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

I know there are already a few new themes coming but I feel these are more of a one wave only type of thing. I am looking forward to a new 2-3 years theme that evolves with new universe every year. Kinda like ninjago or nexo knights. I feel that this time travel thing if true would be very interesting. 

Given how many sets this line will be kicking-off with, it is quite likely to be "big bang" theme with a scheduled minimum run of two to three years; and given all the hints as to how many themes it may be encompassing, I'm certain it'll be of some sorta "multiversed" nature, leaving it open to a great deal of long-term potential. :purrr:

54 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given how many sets this line will be kicking-off with, it is quite likely to be "big bang" theme with a scheduled minimum run of two to three years; and given all the hints as to how many themes it may be encompassing, I'm certain it'll be of some sorta "multiversed" nature, leaving it open to a great deal of long-term potential. :purrr:

I’ll just say this: YAY!

I went back and counted, there are 18 set numbers listed for LEAF. If this is an AR theme as expected, then the finalized sets could have been ready for quite some time. The known set numbers might constitute 2-3 waves.

6 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The known set numbers might constitute 2-3 waves.

Um, have we ever had set numbers for more than one playtheme wave leak before in the past? I've always presumed these things leak on a 1HY/2HY basis. :shrug_confused:

On 12/28/2019 at 2:10 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Given that it's a 2HY release, I think it's likely it'll be announced at February 2020's New York Toy Fair like Hidden Side was at this year's NYTF

When do you think it's most likely to get the first leaked pictures of the sets? I keep waiting for more news about this line but nothing comes out.  LEGO really wants to keep it as secret as they can for some reason...:sceptic:

Edited by Lego David

2 hours ago, Lego David said:

When do you think it's most likely to get the first leaked pictures of the sets? I keep waiting for more news about this line but nothing comes out.  LEGO really wants to keep it as secret as they can for some reason...:sceptic:

Lego has been really tight with their security recently,so I'm not expecting any leaks any time soon.

We should be just patient and wait for the official unveil that will most likely take place during the NY toy fair this february.