David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

On 11/29/2019 at 9:48 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, maybe it's more of a fantastical "big bang" theme? The enigmatic "Leaf" line perhaps? 

What other new lines were supposed to come out in 2020 besides "Leaf"? If those rumors are true than I doubt they will do 18 sets for a Pirates theme. Maybe it's actually Zebra, or IP-2, perhaps?

Edited by Lego David

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

What other new lines were supposed to come out in 2020 besides "Leaf"? If those rumors are true than I doubt they will do 18 sets for a Pirates theme. Maybe it's actually Zebra, or IP-2, perhaps?

As I said earlier if it's the "leaf" theme then I doubt it'll be pure Pirates but something akin to Ninjago,which has ninjas as the main attraction but with a mix fantasy and sci-fi elements.

Maybe it'll be pirates vs undead pirates or something among thoses lines.

2 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No sir. No islanders 2 that I know. Not that.

Well there's rumours that the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie is moving ahead without Johnny Depp...

Edit: Actually, scrub that - it's too early this year for that movie to have tie-in sets.

Edited by leafan

4 minutes ago, leafan said:

Well there's rumours that the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie is moving ahead without Johnny Depp.

Disney just recently hired new writers for the movie,so I highly doubt those sets will be about PotC.

Edited by LOTR34

Bah. If we're pipesmoking... Spaniards + Europa with Buccaneers and Islanders.
3-5 Factions, each one getting it's own wave with a certain percentage of other factions as antagonists.

At 60% you'd get the Stronghold (IMTP) and/or Flagship, 20% a smaller Chase vessel (Armada flagship?) and outpost (Eldorado?), 10% a small outpost (maybe pirate island?), 5% battle pack and minifig cameos.

1: Spaniards (60%) and Islanders (10%), Buccaneers (20%), French (5%), British (5%)
2: Spaniards (5%) and Islanders (60%), Buccaneers (10%), French 20%), British (5%)
3: Spaniards (5%) and Islanders (5%), Buccaneers (60%), French (10%), British (20%)
4: Spaniards (20%) and Islanders (5%), Buccaneers (5%), French (60%), British (10%)
5: Spaniards (10%) and Islanders (20%), Buccaneers (5%), French (5%), British (60%)

Why? because 5 waves of pirates... that's why!
Feel free to jumble the matchups around, some don't make historical sense as is.

Throw in some Revolutionary Patriots as antagonists for the Redcoats too. Cajuns for the Spaniards/French.
And some Indians First Nations if you can pull it off without antagonizing a ton of people.
Need another wave? Bring in the Dutch East India company! And a wave of civilian ships and ports a la Olde Fishing Shoppe.
Small Crabbers, Fishers, Shanty shack dwellers, sail makers, cannon foundries, market town sets to defend/pillage a la Mill Village raid.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No sir. No islanders 2 that I know. Not that.

Heh, it's not Sky Pirates now is it? :wink: I remember you were rather enthusiastic about the suggestion of such back when we were all speculating over Series 19... 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:
On 7/22/2019 at 8:55 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ya know, what if that head belonged to a Sky Pirate CMF, either of a Steampunk disposition or of the Dieselpunk/Crimson Skies variety? :shrug_oh_well:

BOOM

Diesel Punk Skypirates wouldn't clash with the classic pirate ideas pirate-bay... ::thonk::

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ehm... no, sorry I can't confirm Islanders 2.

What is it that you can confirm, though?

9 hours ago, leafan said:

Butt's confirmed.

:pir_laugh2:

7 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

, market town sets to defend/pillage a la Mill Village raid.

More civilians with animals please :wub: I like the blue/redcoats better than the armada figs so I am happy if it is just a new wave like in 2009/15, but hopefully the biggest sets are soldier based (the pirates gets the big pirates bay anyway).. Anything else than classic pirates I will have to wait and see if there is any useful parts/sets for me there..

11 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Pirate Bay :D

For the REST you should wait.

Thank you :pir-wink: While nothing is confirmed there is coming more smoke here now than in years :excited:
Time will tell how big the fire turns out to be, but even if it end up with nothing we still have the pirate bay so it is going to be the best year for pirates in a long time anyway :grin_wub:

Eh didn't we already got sky pirates with Ninjago?Hypotheticaly speaking I guess those sets sold enough that it could warrant a standalone theme of sky pirates.

I really hope that whatever it is, it's not some mash-up like Sky Pirates or Nexo Knights.

I just want a historically representative theme. Doesn't need to be too accurate to history but should reflect it.

8 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Diesel Punk Skypirates wouldn't clash with the classic pirate ideas pirate-bay...

Well, like Space Pirates, a Dieselpunk Sky Pirates theme quite likely wouldn't be of much interest to those who primarily frequent this subforum. 

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

For the rest you should wait.

Obviously you're acknowledging right there that there is something else we should expect afterwards... :wink:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Obviously you're acknowledging right there that there is something else we should expect afterwards... :wink:

Or that something is thought but they are always in time to change their minds.

30 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Or that something is thought but they are always in time to change their minds.

Oh, so you're saying you're not 100% certain? :shrug_confused:

Guys, this 'leaf' theme you mention... Is it a new theme that is about to be revealed soon or it is supposed to be part of the summer wave?

12 minutes ago, meliander said:

Guys, this 'leaf' theme you mention... Is it a new theme that is about to be revealed soon or it is supposed to be part of the summer wave?

It's a new theme (probably),a "big bang" kind of theme considering that it has atleast 14 sets as a starter wave.

But this is me speculating,there is a chance that it could be a follow up wave for a pre-existing theme.

All we can do now is wait and see.If we don't get any more leaks any time soon then we'll more than likely find out about it during Toy Fair.

Edited by LOTR34

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

But this is me speculating, there is a chance that it could be a follow up wave for a pre-existing theme.

Nah, that couldn't be, why would an already established playtheme go by a confidential codename? :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nah, that couldn't be, why would an already established playtheme go by a confidential codename? :def_shrug:

Dang it you're right! I didn't think about it that way.

Any way it must be a brand new theme and hopefully it's pirate related.

2 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Any way it must be a brand new theme and hopefully it's pirate related.

...or, it won't even be a System-based theme at all, as some have previously speculated elsewhere that it could be a "constraction" based line (i.e. Bionicle/Hero Factory).

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

...or, it won't even be a System-based theme at all, as some have previously speculated elsewhere that it could be a "constraction" based line (i.e. Bionicle/Hero Factory).

Now why you gotta rain on my parade? Can't a man hope for the best?

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, at least my speculation was just based off set numbers, which sometimes can be all over the place.

I don't think it's Bionicle just per se just because of set numbers, there were Dimensions sets after that which Leaf is closer to.

There's just a ~300 number gap between Dimensions and Ninjago LEGO can use for something, and Leaf rumored set numbers are there.

2020 Ninjago set numbers made a big jump as well from the 706xx range to 717xx range.

2015 Pirates set numbers were only 5 apart from the last 2013 Castle set, and ended with 70413 Brick Bounty, which is followed up by Hidden Side 70418 JB Ghost Lab and that's neither a Castle or Pirate theme.

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Category:70000_sets for overview of set numbers.

I just hope it's Pirates instead of Constraction myself.

Edited by TeriXeri