David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

1 hour ago, Dreamweb said:

The 4+ Pirates produced one of the best ship hulls available from LEGO! :pirate:

How many ships have you built on that hull?

One, or two if you count the Harry Potter ship hull (same as the 4+ Pirates, just with different colours).

So far... :pir_tong2:

Not a huge number, but that's because the hull is really wide and only suitable for really big ships. The 4+ set uses only 1 middle section, but because of the width, 2 or 3 of them are more suitable due to proportion. And this makes the hull really huge, with a lot of bricks necessary to fill it. :pir-classic: It's really hard to build thips like these every month. :pir_laugh2:

There's a new brick built Captain Brickbeard coming this year, when I said "any" pirate set I didn't mean this. :pir_wacko:

Edited by _R_R_

The leak is actually showing it to be a very 1989 Captain Red Beard build. And exclusive to the LEGO House which makes me pissed!!

Saw some reviews lately about Mould King's Black Pearl and Bluebrixx' modular imperial islands. Maybe one day Lego feels the need to counter these... Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Saw some reviews lately about Mould King's Black Pearl and Bluebrixx' modular imperial islands. Maybe one day Lego feels the need to counter these... Fingers crossed.

If there's a chance they'll release a new Pearl it's this year since Curse of The Black Pearl will have it's 20th anniversary in September but given there's not a single rumour or leak about a possible PoTC revival I don't think it'll happen, after all this is the same company that ended the PoTC line with 4184 and then never made the Flying Dutchman...

As far as classic Pirates I also don't see anything happening in the near future our best hope is another pirate Ideas set being picked as the winner but it probably won't happen for a while since Barracuda Bay was retired a little over a year ago.

To be honest I'm still a bit shocked they won't even be doing Captain's Hook ship or Skull Rock island or even a smaller set with some mermaids for Peter Pan given the other sets we're getting for Disney's 100th, the fact we're only getting a new tiny sail piece and that there's a thread dedicated to it is hilariously sad.

But hope is the last one to die so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that at least next year we get something new.

From @lego_insider_news on Instagram: 

10320 - [Vault D2C] - $214.99, 2509 Pieces, 18+ / July release / Based on the Pirates theme 

Thoughts? I am predicting either a new BSB or Eldorado Fortress (leaning towards the latter, since the target audience for this set likely already has the PoBB, and an Eldorado Fortress remake would provide a good rival base). 

Are there any hull pieces I could get off PAB? I looked for the ones from the Boswer set but didn't find any :(. Any color would do

3 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

Are there any hull pieces I could get off PAB? I looked for the ones from the Boswer set but didn't find any :(. Any color would do

I just tried and i could not find them anymore. Maybe they have retired from PAB?

Just now, Yperio_Bricks said:

I just tried and i could not find them anymore. Maybe they have retired from PAB?

Such a shame I didn't order all those hull,mast, sails off of PAB when PoBB was around DX. I couldn't find any either. Some of the pieces have weird names on Pab I'm hoping that's the case for the hulls....

For search terms on PAB you'll want to use "ship" and "stem". But there are currently none of the hull pieces available on there.

4 hours ago, PxChris said:

For search terms on PAB you'll want to use "ship" and "stem". But there are currently none of the hull pieces available on there.

Damn :(

9 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Hull pieces can often times be acquired relatively cheap from BL though. 

Not in bulk unfortunately. I need enough for an entire ship and most stores have one or two

21 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Pirate playground

YAWWWWWWWWWN! 

More of the "Let's have pirate themed sets but not the type LEGO Pirates fans actually want"

At least this has classic style palm leaves, doesn't look like a classic style trunk though.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:19 PM, Dreamweb said:

Heck, it may even be something like a living ship, literally a ship that is also a shark. With a mouth, teeth, etc.

Well, now that the leaks are out, it turns out I was more or less right about 71469 Nightmare Shark Ship. And it's actually NIGHTmare, not KNIGHTmare.

While it's not a typical Pirate ship, I might actually consider getting it.

8 minutes ago, Dreamweb said:

While it's not a typical Pirate ship, I might actually consider getting it.

Don't think we'll bother running it through our news cycle though... or should we?

image.png