David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

31120 octopus will certainly be a nice addition to Pirate play, 6240: Kraken Attackin'  was a 2009 set.

As for future sets, something imperial would indeed be nice, Barracuda Bay was amazing but pirates need some place to plunder and not just some skeleton opponents (speaking of someone who missed the 2015 Pirate wave)

Edited by TeriXeri

18 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

31120 octopus will certainly be a nice addition to Pirate play

Exactly which set are ye talking about?

21 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

31120 is the Creator Medieval Castle.  I believe you're talking about 31130, Sunken Treasure Mission.

2 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Exactly which set are ye talking about?

I see i made a typo, not 31120 (castle)

31130: Sunken Treasure Mission €30 (522 pieces)

tn_31130_alt2_jpg.jpg

It's brickbuilt but fairly big and very posable

It's darkred so reminded me of this set : 

6240-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

On 6/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, TeriXeri said:

31130: Sunken Treasure Mission €30 (522 pieces)

Lovely looking set, have not seen this one before so definitely a welcoming surprise. I like yer thinking about utilising this octopus in a Pirates setting. :pir-thumb:

48 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Lovely looking set, have not seen this one before so definitely a welcoming surprise. I like yer thinking about utilising this octopus in a Pirates setting. :pir-thumb:

Just built the creature and its over 20 cm in arm diameter so definately bigger then the moulded octopus, and posable arms help a lot setting up scenes.

Edited by TeriXeri

No idea what LEGO's thoughts behind the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship are, first it's €100 for 2 years, then increases to €120 in January, and now €130 in September. :pir-murder:

Now, it's nice there's a Pirates set on shelves for 3+ years, but with Barracuda Bay retiring fairly quick and being sold out for a few months before retiring, this just seems more weird.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

No idea what LEGO's thoughts behind the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship are, first it's €100 for 2 years, then increases to €120 in January, and now €130 in September. :pir-murder:

Now, it's nice there's a Pirates set on shelves for 3+ years, but with Barracuda Bay retiring fairly quick and being sold out for a few months before retiring, this just seems more weird.

You know I was thinking the same thing, I haven’t bought the Viking set because it’s still somewhat off to me, but when it’s all said and done it still looks completely simple compared to the other ships, i’m wondering where 1,100 something bricks went into that ship to be honest!

Sorry, i am not up to date with the discussion and could not find a more suitable thread. WIth themes like Indiana Jones and LOTR making a comback, do you think there is the slightest chance we will get Pirates of the Caribbean Sets in the comming, let's say, 2 - 3 years?

5 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Sorry, i am not up to date with the discussion and could not find a more suitable thread. WIth themes like Indiana Jones and LOTR making a comback, do you think there is the slightest chance we will get Pirates of the Caribbean Sets in the comming, let's say, 2 - 3 years?

Unfortunately, I think it doesn't depend on TLG alone. For example, if Disney's giving a "go" to PoTC 6 and reach out to TLG to help and promote the new movie among the younger audiences via some dedicated sets (as it was exactly what happened back in 2011 & 2017) — then yeah, I guess chances are there. The key point is Disney's co-op with TLG on PoTC series, if it's taking place or not. TLG can't just take a licensed theme and start putting out sets on their own. So my guess is there will be no PoTC sets anytime soon, at least not until 6th movie hits theatres or Disney & TLG come to some agreements on the matter.

16 hours ago, F1stzz said:

Unfortunately, I think it doesn't depend on TLG alone. For example, if Disney's giving a "go" to PoTC 6 and reach out to TLG to help and promote the new movie among the younger audiences via some dedicated sets (as it was exactly what happened back in 2011 & 2017) — then yeah, I guess chances are there. The key point is Disney's co-op with TLG on PoTC series, if it's taking place or not. TLG can't just take a licensed theme and start putting out sets on their own. So my guess is there will be no PoTC sets anytime soon, at least not until 6th movie hits theatres or Disney & TLG come to some agreements on the matter.

That makes sense. Thanks!

From all the sets and themes i missed in my long dark ages, PoTC are the ones i am most sad about.

On 1/8/2023 at 1:29 PM, Atrius Kain said:

Imagine if Lego did a PotC D2C Black Pearl for Disney 100th or the Jolly Roger from Peter Pan.

Trust me, you aren't the only one who is hoping for a D2C Black Pearl for the 100th anniversary. Sadly I don't think we will get it until maybe next year at the earliest. My thought process is because of the Johnny Depp trial recently ending. If the trial went the other way, Disney probably wouldn't have Lego make a Black Pearl to celebrate the anniversary. So Lego couldn't prepare and design the Pearl ahead of time which means if they have a green light to make it, they would have just recently started designing it. 

Does an

Just now, azog said:

Trust me, you aren't the only one who is hoping for a D2C Black Pearl for the 100th anniversary. Sadly I don't think we will get it until maybe next year at the earliest. My thought process is because of the Johnny Depp trial recently ending. If the trial went the other way, Disney probably wouldn't have Lego make a Black Pearl to celebrate the anniversary. So Lego couldn't prepare and design the Pearl ahead of time which means if they have a green light to make it, they would have just recently started designing it. 

Do you think Pirates of the Caribbean will return?  For me Lego not making a D2C Black Pearl and more importantly Imo a Flying Dutchman was a huge mistake.  Surely Lego would know that a Flying Dutchman would be popular enough as it was requested so much and received 10,000 votes on LEGO Ideas (Cuusoo at the time). 

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Do you think Pirates of the Caribbean will return?  For me Lego not making a D2C Black Pearl and more importantly Imo a Flying Dutchman was a huge mistake. Surely Lego would know that a Flying Dutchman would be popular enough as it was requested so much and received 10,000 votes on LEGO Ideas (Cuusoo at the time). 

Oh, I think it's almost a guarantee Pirates of the Caribbean will return! Either if there is another movie, or they just come back to it like Lego did with Lord of the Rings this year. The sad thing is, I don't think we will ever get a Flying Dutchman. Lego will probably make a D2C Black Pearl eventually because it is so iconic and popular among fans. But I can't see Lego making two D2C's, especially a bigger one such as the Flying Dutchman after making the Black Pearl. 

The Black Pearl would sell amazingly, but the Flying Dutchman wouldn't, especially if it is more expensive. The only time Lego released two D2C's for the same theme back to back was the Michael Keaton Batman (Batmobile and Batwing), however I feel like Lego knew both would sell well because they were so different. (One being a car and one being a "plane"). Releasing two ships just doesn't seem worth it for the company. 

Just now, azog said:

Oh, I think it's almost a guarantee Pirates of the Caribbean will return! Either if there is another movie, or they just come back to it like Lego did with Lord of the Rings this year. The sad thing is, I don't think we will ever get a Flying Dutchman. Lego will probably make a D2C Black Pearl eventually because it is so iconic and popular among fans. But I can't see Lego making two D2C's, especially a bigger one such as the Flying Dutchman after making the Black Pearl. 

The Black Pearl would sell amazingly, but the Flying Dutchman wouldn't, especially if it is more expensive. The only time Lego released two D2C's for the same theme back to back was the Michael Keaton Batman (Batmobile and Batwing), however I feel like Lego knew both would sell well because they were so different. (One being a car and one being a "plane"). Releasing two ships just doesn't seem worth it for the company. 

When do you think this would be then? I suppose that's true but they are both so different with such different crews I wouldn't rule it out.  I really thought the Flying Dutchman would sell better than the Black Pearl to be completely honest. Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.:grin:

Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the world's most successful franchises and i am pretty sure that we will get a 6th movie or spin off sooner or later. But i guess 2025 at the earliest.

I hope a new movie would bring us some nice Lego sets. Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When do you think this would be then? I suppose that's true but they are both so different with such different crews I wouldn't rule it out.  I really thought the Flying Dutchman would sell better than the Black Pearl to be completely honest. Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.:grin:

I would expect to see a D2C Black Pearl by next year at the earliest and 2025 at the latest. If we don't get it by then I think we could rule out ever getting one sadly (that is if there is not another film).

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the world's most successful franchises and i am pretty sure that we will get a 6th movie or spin off sooner or later. But i guess 2025 at the earliest.

I hope a new movie would bring us some nice Lego sets. Fingers crossed.

My thoughts exactly! Hopefully they make a new movie, and if they do...hopefully it gets the Indiana Jones treatment where they make 1 set for each of the original movies and 4 or 5 sets for the new film!

As much as I love Pirates of the Caribbean (literally my favorite movie franchise (as long as we skip 4 and 5 :pir_laugh2:)), I almost rather have a true original theme for pirates to return! Especially with all these classic GWP's coming out! Just Imagine a GWP of an updated Sabre Island :pir-love:!! 

Edited by azog

1 hour ago, azog said:

I would expect to see a D2C Black Pearl by next year at the earliest and 2025 at the latest. If we don't get it by then I think we could rule out ever getting one sadly (that is if there is not another film).

Maybe I'm misreading here... but you "expect to see Black Pearl"?

There hasn't been an official confirmation of a Pirates of the Caribbean sequel nor so much as a rumour (as far as I'm aware) that there will be future sets based on that franchise.

But correct me if I'm mistaken! :pir-classic:

Just now, Mister Phes said:

There hasn't been an official confirmation of a Pirates of the Caribbean sequel nor so much as a rumour (as far as I'm aware) that there will be future sets based on that franchise.

It seems everything is up in the air with the movie at the moment, one minute I'm reading Its Margot Robbie, then Johnny Depp is back and now the latest is he is getting replaced by someone from Stranger Things.:pir_laugh2:  I think the reason he is expecting a Black Pearl is because of the 100 year Disney anniversary.  

A little off topic but if Johnny Depp doesn't return I don't want POTC 6.:pir-grin:

Edited by Legoman123

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I think the reason he is expecting a Black Pearl is because of the 100 year Disney anniversary.  

With all the intellectual properties Disney owns, another Black Pearl set seems like a bit a long shot without a Pirates of the Caribbean film to support it.

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

All my words come from my gut and not a source. However, we are getting a ton of 18+ adults welcome sets and I believe that a D2C Black Pearl is right around the corner. If someone told us last year that we would be getting a D2C Rivendell from Lord of the Rings in 2023, no one would have believed it. Especially with Lego having such a tight friendship with Disney, it would almost be harder to convince me that we wouldn't get a Black Pearl in the next couple of years haha

9 hours ago, azog said:

All my words come from my gut and not a source. However, we are getting a ton of 18+ adults welcome sets and I believe that a D2C Black Pearl is right around the corner. [...] Especially with Lego having such a tight friendship with Disney, it would almost be harder to convince me that we wouldn't get a Black Pearl in the next couple of years haha 

I suspect consumer demand is the tightest friendship any manufacturer has in relation to the products they produce, but don't let me convince you otherwise.  Let's hope your belief becomes a reality! :pir-huzzah2:

On 1/8/2023 at 12:29 PM, Atrius Kain said:

Imagine if Lego did ... the Jolly Roger from Peter Pan.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I personally would rather see the Jolly Roger than I would another Black Pearl. Not that a big fancy D2C Black Pearl wouldn't be gorgeous, but I've been really wanting some more Peter Pan stuff from LEGO ever since the first Disney CMF series. Unfortunately, TLG doesn't seem super keen on doing a whole lot of minifigure Disney sets, so my fear would be that anything they released would be minidolls instead, which just doesn't hold the same appeal to me at all.