Richard Dower

What is your most sought after Technic set?

My most sought-after set, even though it's still in production, is 42056.

Edited by letsbuild

On 12/03/2017 at 8:22 AM, Richard Dower said:

(incl. the Lego racers sets that are really Technic sets)......right now i have my eye on 8880 and 8480, alot of the sets i thought i would never be able to get/own like 41999 i was in fact able to buy in the parts for so i can build them.

I have my eye on 8466 but NO WAY am i paying the insane money being asked for four frickin' tyres!!....i don't care how big the damn things are, they ain't worth €20 a pop!

On 13/03/2017 at 6:01 PM, zux said:

Still haven't got my hands on 8466. Those priced decently are often in not very good shape or sold out quickly (not looking for sealed sets).

Would  love to "supercars" prior 8880 - 8865 and 853/956.

Getting 8480 in good condition for acceptable price would be a jackpot!

There is one used 8466 selling near me, including box and instructions, for 120€ negotiable

Edited by jotta93
forgot to remove pictures in quotes

I would love to build the Technic Ferrari sets, but they are hard to find and not worth the going price.  The most appealing of the 2017 sets is the fighter jet, but that hasn't been released yet.  

The one thing that catches my eye the most is not a set.  There's this Baja Truck MOC by madoca, though I don't know if my skill level is good enough to build it from the picture instructions.  Plus I don't know much about these s-bricks.

On 3/12/2017 at 4:22 AM, Richard Dower said:

(incl. the Lego racers sets that are really Technic sets)......right now i have my eye on 8880 and 8480, alot of the sets i thought i would never be able to get/own like 41999 i was in fact able to buy in the parts for so i can build them.

I have my eye on 8466 but NO WAY am i paying the insane money being asked for four frickin' tyres!!....i don't care how big the damn things are, they ain't worth €20 a pop!

According to the dimensions on BL, the power puller tires appear to be about the same size as the new tires in 42054 (claas).  Maybe you could piece together the set and use those tires instead?

Even though it's new, I would like to have 42042. For me, it comes with a lot of parts I need and parts that I don't have enough of.

I'd have to say 8110, its just too cool, versatile (think RC crawling, 4WD) and has plenty of room for stuff in the back!

Not to mention at a nice big scale.

4 hours ago, teos said:

I would love to build the Technic Ferrari sets, but they are hard to find and not worth the going price.  The most appealing of the 2017 sets is the fighter jet, but that hasn't been released yet.  

The one thing that catches my eye the most is not a set.  There's this Baja Truck MOC by madoca, though I don't know if my skill level is good enough to build it from the picture instructions.  Plus I don't know much about these s-bricks.

According to the dimensions on BL, the power puller tires appear to be about the same size as the new tires in 42054 (claas).  Maybe you could piece together the set and use those tires instead?

Sariel's page on wheels says the claas' 0.1 stud bigger than the Power Puller's.

15 hours ago, teos said:

FIghter jet? you mean the race one?, in germany i saw that one in a brick and mortar toystore already (+ a 20% off on everything at the day i was there, instasnatch for me since it allowed me to avoid amazon). the porsche lingers on my wanted list, too though

14 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Sariel's page on wheels says the claas' 0.1 stud bigger than the Power Puller's.

Yep, about the same.  I believe the width is a little different too.

3 hours ago, masterX244 said:

FIghter jet? you mean the race one?, in germany i saw that one in a brick and mortar toystore already (+ a 20% off on everything at the day i was there, instasnatch for me since it allowed me to avoid amazon). the porsche lingers on my wanted list, too though

The 42066 jet.  There's still a number of Technic sets that haven't been released in the USA yet.  The bigger and more desirable ones: Jet, Cargo Ship, Track racer, and a container yard (maybe others?).  We recently got the Telehandler and BMW motorcycle.

12 hours ago, teos said:

Yep, about the same.  I believe the width is a little different too.

The 42066 jet.  There's still a number of Technic sets that haven't been released in the USA yet.  The bigger and more desirable ones: Jet, Cargo Ship, Track racer, and a container yard (maybe others?).  We recently got the Telehandler and BMW motorcycle.

then we mean the same one, mentioning the number makes stuff easier to understand.. and having to wait sucks... But when i was shopping not all stores had it yet, too

When I discovered Lego Technic a while ago I bought my first set in eBay at a significant markup over MSRP:  41999.  Love it!  Now and many sets later I absolutely want these five:

I'm almost certain to get 42065 and then circle back to old sets unless the Porsche dips in price.  I've had too much success buying sets at discounts near the end of their production cycle to consider buying the Porsche yet... but that tracked Racer is calling my name and it's very playable!

Mission completed. I've managed to purchase a MISB Auto Engines 8858 set and I am very happy with it. :sweet:

Edited by Interceptor

Lego 8462 - because this is a great resource of futuristic wheels and pneumatics and 

Lego 8455 - best resource of pneumatics and has a great playability!

Having acquired 8258, I guess it now is either 42042 or 42054. Or maybe the classic 8459/8439/8464, I just love the looks of it :wub:

11 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

8446 is mine.

5626259739_2d7077ca06.jpg

This has actually been one of my childhood wish sets I never got.

I guess I was into odd colors already back then :wink: Also, I liked the futuristic theme and odd shape. Also, for only 600 parts it seemed to have quite a few functions. It was in that transition age between studded and studless, where also 8462 (the blue tow truck) fell into, another set I really liked (and actually got).

6 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

It was in that transition age between studded and studless, where also 8462 (the blue tow truck) fell into, another set I really liked (and actually got).

When it comes to futuristic trucks with lifting equipment, 8446 reigns supreme for me. :sweet:

Oh well, it may well have a contemporary successor:

media-000000000127052001-2.png-800Wx584H

As some have hinted, it's not always the obvious sets which you would think are hard to find, are actually the hard to find sets.

For me one of the greatest challenges to find was set 880001-1.  that stopwatch was almost impossible to get!  but I eventually found a seller.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=880001-1&viewItemType=G

For my collection now, I'd like to aquire some of those impossible to find technic figures, the one from the injection mould trade show would be a good start if anyone knows where to find one of these?

6 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

For me one of the greatest challenges to find was set 880001-1

Ahh, I passed that without realizing! Should have bought it at the flea market; I didn’t know it was rare.

In my opinion, or how i call it " The repoker Technic ", I have the first and second, the third I´m waiting pieces and one day i will try to build the others ones.

42055 Bucket wheel excavator.

42043 Mercedes Arocs 3245

8043 Motorized Excavator 

42030 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

42009 Mobile Crane MK II

Resultado de imagen de lego 8043image.jpeg.167aa3ec764613929f50449fd132a0fb.jpegResultado de imagen de lego 42009

Edited by Frantechnic

Just two sets for me: 42009 and 42043.  I think I'd like to build them more than I'd like to actually have them, because I tend to grow bored of Technic sets pretty quickly (I've already sold 42065).