Sign in to follow this  
Dankyee

(Book 2 Challenge v Cat.B) The Spire's Spire

Since Lord Jürgen was tending to more important matters at the moment, he sent his Second in command to personally oversee the the building of the weapon that would help to secure the spire's place as the rightful rulers of Nocturnus. Jürgen had called it the Spire's spire, and had said that it's purpose was as a sort of portal or planar gate to allow the soldiers of the spire to quickly arrive at various strategic positions across Nocturnus. Perhaps, if all went well, they would begin to build more outside of Nocturnus....

IMG_0894

Sorry for the poor quality of light, I'm currently photographing this stuff on an IPad. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Dankyee

2 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I like the chains, as if it needs to be anchored to the ground when in use.

Thanks, I wanted to make it look mobile, like it could be moved and then stuck back into the ground and held there with the chains. 

Neat build and idea! I like the concept and execution. The Spire has nice variety of detail and I also like the chained look to keep it anchored. The terrain also has a nice set of colors. 

10 minutes ago, Merc4Hire said:

Neat build and idea! I like the concept and execution. The Spire has nice variety of detail and I also like the chained look to keep it anchored. The terrain also has a nice set of colors. 

Thanks! Glad you like the multi colored terrain, I personally thought that I could have made it looked neater and less like I threw a bunch of earthy colors together. :sceptic: Oh well, there's always next time. :classic:

Great build :thumbup: I love the tree amd the weapon itself, although it probably should have been balck and white flags instead of red and yellow, so it represents the spire better. Even so it all looks sick :classic:

Neat build! The weapon is quite cool (though the flags should probably bechanged to balck and white). As Leonardo said, the chains are a very nice detail! :thumbup: 

Neat rocky terrain and the portal pole is nicely detailed. A few more small plates and tiles on the large plates would look nice.

I think that a bit more consistency in color choices would strengthen the whole build; the tree has at least three colors of leaves, and the ground is at least four or five colors, without a sense that certain areas are dirt and others rock by their textures. I agree with SK that some smaller plates and more tiles would help break up the larger plates and cause the problem of the colors to be at least diminished. The stone columns are nice, a feature I personally like, but even there consistency would help you, since you have two column styles and two colors on them. Your figs are great, though, and are my favorite part. I particularly like the hammer-wielding orc. 

I like the sparse textures on the trees and the detail on the spire with the flags, showing wind direction.  The ground looks kind of sparse, which one might say needs more detail, but I tend to think it lends to the bleakness of the whole scene.  Nice work!

Nice entry :thumbup: I like the portal pole, and the tree is good, though as Henjin mentioned, keeping it to only one or two colors might look better. As others have said, some more small plates for ground texturing would be nice as well, but overall great job :classic: