Hello,

I want to introduce my latest truck. I built it for almost two weeks in LDD. I need to order some parts for the real one :tongue:

It is RC and uses a XL and a servomotor

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Hope you like it :)

Edited by KikoTube

Wow, this looks beautiful!

I'm now imagining it in real life with a nice trailer, & cool Volvo loader. :sweet:

Wow! Thanks for all the comments. 

10 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I really like this truck...well done!!

10 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

Very good detailed truck, I like it.

8 hours ago, evortigosa said:

Pretty cool and very detailed. Looks like the real truck !

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks good. I like the different colors and the front lights are excellent.

Thanks Guys. Actually i rebuilt the whole cab for like 5 times to look like that. Once it was to narrow, once to short and sometimes pretty ugly :laugh:

10 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow ...very well done ...the front lights are beautiful! :wub:

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks good. I like the different colors and the front lights are excellent.

Thanks. Appreciate it :blush:

10 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Cool @KikoTube ! I am glad to see you back on the Technic forum with a new MOC. 

Thanks. Well i´m like more into Trains right now but to be honest, i miss the technical challenge at Trains.. 

3 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Wow, this looks beautiful!

I'm now imagining it in real life with a nice trailer, & cool Volvo loader. :sweet:

Thanks! Well you´re almost imagining right.. Trailer is already in progress :sweet:

2 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Awesome! I would like to have the LXF file just for my own personal use.

If you only use it for personal use, i´ll send you the LXF. 

Nicely sculpted! I know from first hand how difficult it can be to build a DAF MAN so it looks right. It is harder than one might think.

But before you start ordering parts. Have you checked that the front wheels can turn? I can't see you steering mechanism, but there is very little space around the front wheels, which might be too little if you use the standard steering racks from LEGO.

Edited by Lasse D
MAN - not DAF. D'oh.

I love when poeple add a picture of real machine for comparision...

IMG_7356.JPG

OK, this time list of things that are out of proportions would be way too long, because I am also working on TGX (bigger one, so far XXL cab on 5 axle chassis with gearbox) and I could suggest rebuilding almost every part of your model. Maybe a picture will be better?

TGXcab2.jpg

It is still a WIP, it is not perfect because still needs some tweaks (and and its overal dimensions will be changed, because it should be a bit smaller to match wheel size) but so far it resemble shape of the real truck quite nice (its size would be fine with Black Cat wheels).

Anyway, consider at least rebuilding the bumper to change shape of the lights, rebuild rear parts of front mudguard to add that slit, add a gap between cab and bumper, add some details like wipers, turn signals, In other words, work on details that are characteristic for this truck.

1 hour ago, M_longer said:

OK, this time list of things that are out of proportions would be way too long

I could suggest rebuilding almost every part of your model

No Comment...

1 hour ago, Victor Imaginator said:

Recognizable. Build looks very clean. I like this truck)

Thanks!

EDIT:
@Lasse D Thanks. Means a lot to me coming from a truck-builder like you. The wheels turn easily, cause they are a half stud inside. :)

Edited by KikoTube

1 hour ago, KikoTube said:

EDIT:

@Lasse D Thanks. Means a lot to me coming from a truck-builder like you. The wheels turn easily, cause they are a half stud inside. :)

That's good to know. I would have hated to see you build the truck and have such a problem. Having nice and tight wheel wells is always nice to have.

I could instantly recognize your truck as a MAN, and it looks quite solid (solid as a rock). If you do choose to make refinements - which might be tempting when you have the bricks at hand, then remember that refinements often come at the price of durability. I could see how your current truck would be tons of fun as an RC model for the kids to play with since everything seems to be doubly connected and durable.

Making a truck is a "monument of compromise" as Rick Sanchez says. You have built in a rather small scale (much smaller than the one shown by M_Longer if I'm counting correctly) which will make it much, much harder to get the details perfect - if at all possible. This is also why I like your model so much. The scale is not easy to work in.

34 minutes ago, Lasse D said:

You have built in a rather small scale (much smaller than the one shown by M_Longer if I'm counting correctly) which will make it much, much harder to get the details perfect - if at all possible. This is also why I like your model so much. The scale is not easy to work in.

To me, it looks just the opposite :)

KikoTube's truck is 20 studs wide, and MLonger's is around 19 studs wide.

Just LOVE the cleanliness of the MAN design! Those studded wing wedges are the only thing that brake the full clean look :)

13 hours ago, Milan said:

To me, it looks just the opposite :)

KikoTube's truck is 20 studs wide, and MLonger's is around 19 studs wide.

Just LOVE the cleanliness of the MAN design! Those studded wing wedges are the only thing that brake the full clean look :)

Hey, You are right! M_Longer's is 18 if you count using the sun screen. I recounted KikoTube's at the headlights and I get it to 20. I must have totally messed it up when I initially counted it as 16...

On ‎11‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 11:25 PM, Milan said:

Thanks Milan!

A friend made some minor changes on my truck. Like the sidepanel and mirror.

And another color-scheme

800x450.jpg

Looks like you've got the overall shape; however, I feel the model is a little bit bland. For instance you might add a cap on the fuel tank, a latch on the toolbox below the trailer, mudflaps, hubcaps on the rear wheels, or the hydraulic and electric hookups on the rear of the cabin. From your photos, it appears that you have the space to add a cabin interior, but I might be wrong about this. For a model this size you could certainly spend a little time to significantly improve the overall appearance of the model. 

Edited by Beck

M-longer maybe said it i litttle harsh, but he has a point. The truck looks great and if your fine with it, thats great too but maybe you could add a little bit more details and change some minor things.  I absolutely love your truck though. It is instantly recognisable.