Sachabricks

How I sort and store my collection

I always had a hard time finding the right system to sort and store my LEGO. As a child it was easy, since I did not care about every single piece too much or if I didn't find the right piece immediately. But as an adult I always wanted to build things myself and to store the bricks in a way that I could find everything fast and comfortable. ? I though, maybe it is helpful for some of you guys to see how I sorted my stuff... ?

Here are some pictures about my system! My current collection is at around 85'000 pieces, just to give you an idea... ?

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

These are drawers from amazon called IRIS (essy to find) and they come in very different shapes. Mine have 12 drawers but the are also ones with only 10 or less.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

The smaller boxes are from a local DIY-Store and what I like about them is, that they are made from plastic, which means they are very light.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

My most used figures are just put onto some 32x32 or 16x32 plates for easy access.

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

And as you can see my "city" and the place where I shoot my pictures is limited but still more than enough. Currently I use my new Foldio2 Lightbox which makes shooting so much easier. ??? 

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

%25255BUNSET%25255D.png

If you have any questions or additions, just share them! ? I'm glad to here from you! ?

Sacha

Edit: Sorry for the missing pictures... ?

Edited by Sachabricks

I love seeing people's storage solution!  Very nice.

But how are you sorting your pieces?  What strategy are you using to sort various pieces into specific storage drawers?

1 hour ago, kibosh said:

I love seeing people's storage solution!  Very nice.

But how are you sorting your pieces?  What strategy are you using to sort various pieces into specific storage drawers?

I'm sorry for not mentioning that... I seem to be a little chaotic about it! ?

I used to sort my bricks and pieces by similar parts... but as my collection grew bigger and bigger I had to change. So at the moment I'm sorting by color. I've got bricks and plates sorted by color and then I've got many different pieces which are sorted as I think I can find them easily... normal tiles, printed tiles, flowers and plants, windows and doors, tires, car pieces, ship pieces, etc. I hope that makes it a bit more clear! ?

There is a really cool thread about storing and sorting, that continues to be updated, great resource...

Your info would be a great addition. Have a look.

Edited by Andy D

1 minute ago, Andy D said:

There is a really cool thread about storing and sorting,  great resource...

Have a look.

Thank you very much Andy D. ? That topic is awesome! ???? Sorry that I haven't seen that before. ?