Sign in to follow this  
BubbaFit45531

Your best prices from a major retailer?

What are some of the best prices you bought some good brand new Lego sets for and where did you buy it?

I want to buy a few sets, but am waiting for a good price. I'm wondering how big of a discount I could see, especially on Black Friday.

I know Toys R Us tends to have high prices and The Lego Store and Lego Online also have the higher prices among brick & mortar stores. A Kmart closing sale had 25% off, then 40% off, then 60% off, and it's a gamble because people might buy what you want while you're waiting for deeper discounts.

Amazon as seller sometimes has good prices, but the prices change so fast.

once snatching up the UCS batmobile for 60 off in germany's "Galeria Kaufhof", had some luck of randomly spotting that deal. also another bunch of luck on a local toystore to snatch the march release sets for 20% off (weird luck of a 20% on all deal on the right few days)

Asda and Tesco supermarkets in the UK used to have some great 'end of wave' reductions on stuff. Regularly 50% off. Best I got at retail was the Republic Striker Class Fighter which I got for £7 from a Tesco store. I think the RRP was £39.99.

Council of Elrond was £12 at one point in the same store.

I also managed to get hold of the Resistance Troop Transport from Lego S@H for £29.99 which was 50% off.

Really I think the whole retail scene is overrated for lego. I've been lucky to get sets 40-60% off at shopko, but those have been really lucky finds. I usually just buy sets without mini figures on eBay, for a lot cheaper. 

I got 42055 from Costco for 40% off Lego official price. Not the best percentage wise, but it was well priced at regular price (4000 pieces with some power function for $329.99CAD), so I felt I got the most bang for my buck in this case.

Of course, nothing beats 10697. 1500 pieces for $40 CAD. It's not on sale, but a ridiculous value with some fun built as well. Just shows you how much Lego makes off us normally.

Depends where you live. In Singapore I got Battle on Takodana at 33% off from a rather large retailer. Later I saw an advertisement that said the Spiderman Bridge Battle was 50% off.

There are some good deals to be found in retail stores; but it requires a lot of luck.  My favorite finds so far include:

LEGO Large Creative Box (10697) for $5.00 at Walmart;

Batman in the Phantom Zone (30522) for $1.29 at Target;

Azari and the Magic Bakery (41074) for $7.00 at Walmart;

The Elves' Treetop Hideaway (41075) for $12.00 at Books-A-Million;

Laval's Royal Fighter (70005) for $5.00 at Walmart;

The Fortrex (70317) for $17.00 at Walmart;

Death Star Final Duel (75093) for $19.00 at Walmart; and

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026) for $17.00 at Walmart.

laxi toys will run 15% off everything lego in a week , though i wonder if i can get better deals

15 hours ago, bobasdad said:

There are some good deals to be found in retail stores; but it requires a lot of luck.  My favorite finds so far include:

LEGO Large Creative Box (10697) for $5.00 at Walmart;

Batman in the Phantom Zone (30522) for $1.29 at Target;

Azari and the Magic Bakery (41074) for $7.00 at Walmart;

The Elves' Treetop Hideaway (41075) for $12.00 at Books-A-Million;

Laval's Royal Fighter (70005) for $5.00 at Walmart;

The Fortrex (70317) for $17.00 at Walmart;

Death Star Final Duel (75093) for $19.00 at Walmart; and

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026) for $17.00 at Walmart.

Are those price error or something? I have never seen Walmart doing that kind of discount before. Last time they had a 50% off sale and my town went crazy. :) 

14 hours ago, Sprites said:

laxi toys will run 15% off everything lego in a week , though i wonder if i can get better deals

I wouldn't bother. You can get them from Lego with the double VIP event. That's 10% right there plus a free gift. 20% is the minimum unless it's a retired set. 

On 11/03/2017 at 2:47 PM, wgemini said:

Are those price error or something? I have never seen Walmart doing that kind of discount before. Last time they had a 50% off sale and my town went crazy. :) 

I wouldn't bother. You can get them from Lego with the double VIP event. That's 10% right there plus a free gift. 20% is the minimum unless it's a retired set. 

free gifts? i'll check those, i am a returning fan, havent't bought any new sets in years.

On 10/03/2017 at 0:58 PM, Robianco said:

Council of Elrond was £12 at one point in the same store.

It was only £6 at John Lewis when I loaded up on them.

My best prices ever were tesco though - 8x #9395 technic pick-up trucks at £8 each, along with £10 off for a new account, so about £6.75 each. I missed out on the £3.97 Portal of Atlantis though. I also bought 80x Whirling Vines (Gorzan), £1 each. I also loaded up on SW Battle of Hoth and Minotaurus games when they were a fiver each.

Then, of course, all the ASDA Hobbit stuff, the entire second and third series were 50% off. £50 for The Lonely Mountain! Smaug alone sells for more than that these days.

On 3/11/2017 at 7:47 AM, wgemini said:

Those were clearance prices.  Walmart's clearance policy is extremely schitzophrenic (it varies wildly from store to store).  I just happened to be in the right stores at the right times.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

I missed out on the £3.97 Portal of Atlantis though.

£3.97 for the Portal of Atlantis?? Are you kidding me? :drool: The RRP was £81.99…

Clearances are always at the discretion of the managers: you find the best deals in relativly low traffic areas, especially book stores and the such. 

Where I live the best deals are 30% off max; and honestly you are better off waiting for amazon deals than anything else. 

On 13/03/2017 at 7:23 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

£3.97 for the Portal of Atlantis?? Are you kidding me? :drool: The RRP was £81.99…

Yep, a good old tesco direct cock up.

Another good one I got was the Wolverine Chopper with Deadpool set. I got a price match at John Lewis and paid £7 each for them. It was when I was starting out reselling and I only bought ten as I wasn't sure they'd sell so well. What a fool! I also got 180 collectable minifigures series 6 for 50p each from JL. I had hoped to get 3 sealed boxes, but they sent remnants of opened boxes.

On 10/03/2017 at 0:58 PM, Robianco said:

Asda and Tesco supermarkets in the UK used to have some great 'end of wave' reductions on stuff. Regularly 50% off. Best I got at retail was the Republic Striker Class Fighter which I got for £7 from a Tesco store. I think the RRP was £39.99.

A few weeks ago, Sainsbury's had a flash sale of 50% off some TLBM, DC and Ninjago sets. I picked up a few sets.

They don't have sales very often, but when they do, the discounts can be significant. I always swing by the toy section when I'm food shopping just in case.

Sign in to follow this