Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

[MOC] Grass Plains Battle Redux WIP

Done almost ten years ago and finally gotten around to rebuilding it with a bigger layout and will make its public debut in the next event...

AC

Old MOC done October 2007

4470103468_2753ae7323_z.jpg?zz=1

Fambaas

32716575070_9e66345231_c.jpg

Falumpaset

33193506182_f52e9e7db1_c.jpg

Whizbooma

32853247110_84eaf3d2c9_c.jpg

10 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Awesome, you have done a great job, I love the Fambaas!

Thanks and still have to build those two MTTs behind them.

AC

The planned layout will be 8x4 = 32 old green 32x32 baseplates footprint. Here's the center section using the 1x2 curved slopes for additional texture of the undulating grass plains. Battle droid unit shown for scale and four more sections (2x3) to build. 

AC
33024705350_ddf986334c_c.jpg

I can't wait to see the finished MOC, you're the master of these epic scenes. Love the Fambaas and Gungan catapults, are you going to make a new design for the MTT too?

3 hours ago, Khaled Yousef said:

I can't wait to see the finished MOC, you're the master of these epic scenes. Love the Fambaas and Gungan catapults, are you going to make a new design for the MTT too?

Thanks and will most likely just mod the MTTs for scaling purposes but not much more.

AC

Whatever MODs you’ll do to the MTTs I’m sure it would be great. I’ve always been fascinated by your dioramas since I first saw them in 2007… WOW, that’s ten years ago! Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

On 3/14/2017 at 1:39 PM, Khaled Yousef said:

Whatever MODs you’ll do to the MTTs I’m sure it would be great. I’ve always been fascinated by your dioramas since I first saw them in 2007… WOW, that’s ten years ago! Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Time flies when you're having fun!

On 3/15/2017 at 3:44 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Shapin' up to be awesome! Looks great @ACPin :classic:

Haven't done a large SW MOC in a while...

2 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

i'm not a fan of the prequels but this lay out look epic

Here's some more to look at showing the scale with the various beasts together.

AC
33083565840_6cc3571c52_c.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, ACPin said:

Time flies when you're having fun!

Haven't done a large SW MOC in a while...

Here's some more to look at showing the scale with the various beasts together.

AC
33083565840_6cc3571c52_c.jpg

they look really good great work there

Now working on the Trade Federation side starting with the Droidekas (android head by BrickWarriors).

AC
33425332726_ce75e06c0d_c.jpg

Twelve old green regular 32x32 baseplates with MTT and AAT shown for scale which leaves plenty of room for the battle droid units in front, droid carriers, droidekas around. Multiply that by two for the whole Trade Federation invasion force.

AC
33441060931_61cdb29b26_c.jpg

Mesa like! :laugh: in all seriousness awesome builds, I can't believe I didn't see this when you first posted it. Agreed the way you did the shields is interesting, considering you could've left them with nothing which is what the sets have done so far. I like all the gungans gear! Nice work!!

Not much to this diorama except the size, or is there? I am big fan of prequels and I am happy that someone still focuses on these great scenes, but besides several lego sets, I only see two actual builds of these Fambasses and the other gungan creature, which are honestly quite blocky. The terrain looks somewhat weird with these regularly placed and oriented 'curved slope ridges' between green baseplates and on the last pic with AATs. All in all, I don't really see any proper lego craft done here, compared to your other work :) Maybe it's intended to be done fast... still I think you can do much better than this.

I agree woth Kris. Although I love the concept and have always wanted to try it myself, I think there is room for improvement. No such 'grass ripples' are seen in the movie, however, I would incorporate the hill that the droid army appeared over. This shouldnt be too hard and it would really add to the scene. Also, may i suggest different AATs, the old LEGO set looks very dated and could do with a replacement, MOC/MOD or even the 2014 version. I look forward to seeing your progress.

5 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Not much to this diorama except the size, or is there? I am big fan of prequels and I am happy that someone still focuses on these great scenes, but besides several lego sets, I only see two actual builds of these Fambasses and the other gungan creature, which are honestly quite blocky. The terrain looks somewhat weird with these regularly placed and oriented 'curved slope ridges' between green baseplates and on the last pic with AATs. All in all, I don't really see any proper lego craft done here, compared to your other work :) Maybe it's intended to be done fast... still I think you can do much better than this.

5 hours ago, jamiejme said:

I agree woth Kris. Although I love the concept and have always wanted to try it myself, I think there is room for improvement. No such 'grass ripples' are seen in the movie, however, I would incorporate the hill that the droid army appeared over. This shouldnt be too hard and it would really add to the scene. Also, may i suggest different AATs, the old LEGO set looks very dated and could do with a replacement, MOC/MOD or even the 2014 version. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks but no thanks as I've already got this all planned out. If you're not happy with it, please do your own version.

AC

^ Fair :) In the and, most important for you is whether you are happy with it. Unfortunately I don't have time nor funds to build such big dioramas, maybe one day.

On 3/26/2017 at 7:21 AM, krisandkris12 said:

^ Fair :) In the and, most important for you is whether you are happy with it. Unfortunately I don't have time nor funds to build such big dioramas, maybe one day.

The large scale dioramas are most often built in smaller sections that can be merged later on. The same build process is being done for this one as this will be displayed at an event next month. Hopefully if time/resources permits, more refinements/details that I've considered will be included. But for now, the planned overall layout has been finalized to ensure that it will be ready.

AC