Sven F

[MOC] Twentieth century music

Here's one of my later mocs, it was built for a contest which is great great because they make you build stuff you probably never would otherwise.

It was an attempt to depict the rise of popular music through the 20th century. I had a different idea at first, but because the gramophone horn was so hard to make out of bricks, I wanted to do it out of pure stubbornness.  That, and I never made a brick built character before.

32497158603_aba8e430d9_b.jpgTwentieth Century Music by Sven Franic, on Flickr

33270867766_f57ce6841a_c.jpgTwentieth Century Music by Sven Franic, on Flickr

33156291782_6e62152689_c.jpgTwentieth Century Music by Sven Franic, on Flickr

Thats very cool. So dynamic! The gramophone looks absolutely legit and - my god - this must been indeed a headache to build :wink: Just superb: Colours, builds - fits all into place. :thumbup: I would perhaps remove the red base for the singer. It might work better without. :classic:

Thanks!

Littleworlds;  I needed something to fix the hand and microphone on, otherwise it would all fall off. I figured the scale of the "stage"  would just be seen as artistic freedom.

The staff lines and notes are so impressive! And good job tackling that treble clef! That's not a very LEGO friendly shape, but yours looks great! Do you plan on making others for different eras of music?