AllanSmith

Allan's Speed Champion inspired vehicle and building creations.

The lava Ford looks mean. All cars, trailers... are very nice. You give me some inspirations for next builds.

On 19/11/2017 at 6:55 AM, AllanSmith said:

Photo of one of  the three demolition excavators across the road from our apartment that gave me inspiration to build mine. 

excavator_view.jpg

Enjoy :)

One of the excavators across the road changed the bucket to a pincer. Maybe I should too.

Enjoy  :)

This morning I designed the demolition pincers for my excavator. They can open and close and rotate like the real one. Will put in a Bricklink order for the parts.

excavator_demo_pincers.jpg

I like the design of the pincer. But I think it's 1 or 2 studs too long and the Jaw Opening should be shorter, see the last second of the video.

Specs of a Caterpillar multi-processor: https://www.cat.com/en_GB/products/new/attachments/multi-processors/multi-processor-with-concrete-cutter-jaws/18271509.html

Edited by Nightfall

6 hours ago, Nightfall said:

I like the design of the pincer. But I think it's 1 or 2 studs too long and the Jaw Opening should be shorter, see the last second of the video.

Specs of a Caterpillar multi-processor: https://www.cat.com/en_GB/products/new/attachments/multi-processors/multi-processor-with-concrete-cutter-jaws/18271509.html

Thanks Nightfall. I agree the jaws are too long. It wasn't easy to find something in LEGO. Have decided not to build it in real bricks as I will not be doing a demolition scene on my SC layout. Probably just a road repair scene.

Instead I have started to build a gas (petrol) station to go with my car wash. The building will be on one large baseplate and the pumps on another.

12 hours ago, Nightfall said:

Sounds interesting. Do you have some WIP pictures already?

Hi Nightfall. Here are some photos. I have decided to put the petrol pumps and canopy to the side so they do not block the view of the building. The left side of building will have a diner and the right side will be shelves of stock and a service counter. The angled windows use the new angled door frame. The scale of the SC cars mean that the large baseplates provide more room.

The top colors are currently a black and white checkered pattern. This could change to Octan colors, or dark red like lines like on my car wash or it could have Shell colors. I have multiple unopened boxes of all the 1999 Shell promotion sets that I could use for parts. 

This is not the final version, a lot could change during the build.

gas_station_v1_top.jpggas_station_v1_ldd_top.jpg

gas_station_v1_ldd_front.jpg

Update on gas (petrol) station. i have decided to make the left side of the building a pizza diner. The rear of the pizza oven will have a light brick to give the oven an orange glow. Here are some LDD work in progress pictures.

gas_station_v2_pizza_front.jpg

gas_station_v2_pizza_rear.jpg

Photo of recent build of pizza side. Pizza oven, sink, double door fridge/freezer and counter. Still have to do the dine in seating.

pizza_side_1.jpg

1 hour ago, supertruper1988 said:

looks great!

Thanks supertruper1988. I have now increased the depth of the building by 4 studs to allow more room in the dine in area. I have made a Bricklink order for the seating. So while waiting for the parts I have started on the service station side of the building. So far a drinks fridge, 3 shelving units and a counter have been built.

Looks good Allan. I would lower the sink, for me it seems a bit off like this.

Edited by Nightfall

Nightfall, I have removed the sink and replaced it with a coffee machine. Bought the City Pizza van for some parts including stickers. Here are some photos showing the use of the stickers.

pizza_front_v2.jpg

pizza_low_v2.jpg

6 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

I dont see a crane in your demolition machines Allan?

True. Not on my current plans to build one even though they have my surname on them ?. We are moving back to Napier in January so I will probably be having  a break from building more MOC's after I finish my gas station.

Update on my gas station. 90% done, waiting on parts from Bricklink. Photo's with roof removed.

gas_station_1.jpg

gas_station_2.jpg

gas_station_3.jpg

gas_station_4.jpg

gas_station_5.jpg

gas_station_6.jpg

gas_station_7.jpg

gas_station_9.jpg

Updating my car wash to fit in with the gas station. 

gas_station_10.jpg

gas_station_11.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith

Nice! I like that the light arrangements on both are identical, so you can put the same unit in both. The ambulance looks excellent, too. How about working head/tail lights as well?

19 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Nice! I like that the light arrangements on both are identical, so you can put the same unit in both. The ambulance looks excellent, too. How about working head/tail lights as well?

Hi, the lighting units are old ones from Artifex Creation, they have 10 different patterns. Due to them using 3mm LED's and thick wires they would be too hard to get to the headlights. Using magnet wire and SMD LED's would work. I do also use LifeLites units in other vehicles, they use LED's or SMD LED's. I do have working SMD LED headlights and taillights on my Ghostbusters vehicle. 

Edited by AllanSmith
Spelling

Gas Station is 99% finished, just waiting on some whips to use as pump hoses and some printed tiles to go on the walls. Gas Station takes up 3 large grey base plates to keep in theme with the rest of my building MOC's. Glowing light in the pizza oven and moving car wash brushes.

gas_01.jpg

gas_02.jpg

gas_03.jpg

gas_04.jpg

gas_05.jpg

gas_06.jpg

gas_07.jpg

gas_08.jpg

gas_09.jpg

gas_10.jpg

gas_11.jpg

gas_12.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith

Excellent! I need to see that car wash in action once it's finished. If only it had real water! :grin: Not a good idea where motors are involved. Although, with some re-purposing of pneumatic stuff, I'm sure it could be done... hmm.

I think it would look better if it had a low fence along the front as well, between the pavement and the driveway, to keep the passing minifigs safe. It also needs the general clutter and weeds that will inevitably build up in all the corners and around the base of the walls! Overall It's a lovely scene, and an excellent way to display some good MOCs.

This is a really nice looking gas station. I especially like the pizza side, but I kind of miss one set of seating places in the middle of the window!

I'm back. Has been two busy months with moving to another city Napier 300 Kms away from Wellington. With the arrival of this years Speed Champions sets in store, its back to adding to my SC layout. I bought the complete 2018 SC range so have lots of building to do. In order to display my vehicles I have decided to design wider road lanes to fit my 6 wide and 8 wide vehicles. By using 48 x 48 gray base plates I can have four 10 wide lanes plus white lines plus median strip of green. As my layout is now thirteen 48 x 48 grey base plates long I will need thirteen of these road sections. LDD design below.

road_plates_ver_1a.jpg