AllanSmith

Allan's Speed Champion inspired vehicle and building creations.

Current project. Modifying the Jokers low rider to match the original movie version and in Speed Champion scale. I only used the purple pieces from the set and one extra lime roof. Also animating it with pneumatic's. Work in progress so not finished yet. Need correct length axles :)

Will park it by a wall and feed hoses through wall to hide them :)

lowrider01.jpg 

lowrider02.jpg

lowrider03.jpg

Enjoy:

Edited by AllanSmith
More info.

A quick play with the Mustang to make it look more like the original than a race car. Will make a front grey bumper to match the rear one. Also make a black rear window sticker.

mustang01.jpg

mustang02.jpg

mustang03.jpg

Enjoy :)

Upgraded the front bumper to match the rear.

mustang04.jpg

mustang05.jpg

mustang06.jpg

mustang07.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith
More photos

it's really annoying when you open up five Speed Champion sets to find that 4 out the 5 sets had damaged sticker sheets.

One of the two Ford Mustang sets had a damaged sheet, luckily one is now a road version so only needs one sticker. Both small Ferrari sets had bent sheets as did the Ford Fiesta set. Reported it to LEGO with photos. They are sending out replacements but I want to put the stickers on now.

stickers01.jpg

stickers02.jpg

Don't Enjoy :(

On 3/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, Nightfall said:

Nice modifications! The working low rider in this scale is a funny idea, I'm waiting for a video.:wink:

Finished the low-rider. The small pistons were a bit weak to lift the weight of the car so I added the yellow rubber bands to help. Enjoy :) the video. Turn the sound off because all you can hear is the LEGO pump.

It's been awhile since I last designed an addition to my Speed Champions theme. I thought that with all the Ferrari cars being released that Al's Autos would expand with a Ferrari dealership. So started playing with an idea using the new angled door frames.

ferrari_dealer_1.jpg

ferrari_dealer_1a.jpg

Having a play with a roof sign:

ferrari_dealer_1b.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith
Added picture

That's nice, I like the progress so far. Have you planned a folding door at the front? That would be easier for the cars to get in/out of the building.

On 31/05/2018 at 1:42 AM, AllanSmith said:

It's been awhile since I last designed an addition to my Speed Champions theme. I thought that with all the Ferrari cars being released that Al's Autos would expand with a Ferrari dealership. So started playing with an idea using the new angled door frames.

This is looking great. The brick built signage looks fantastic. Also those door frames work very well for creating angled windows.

3 hours ago, Nightfall said:

That's nice, I like the progress so far. Have you planned a folding door at the front? That would be easier for the cars to get in/out of the building.

There is a roller door on the side but I could try out folding or sliding front doors. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

This is looking great. The brick built signage looks fantastic. Also those door frames work very well for creating angled windows.

Thanks. I used the angled door frames in black on my petrol station building.

Update: Some changes from the LDD due to what bricks I had. Will need more to finish floor, back wall, roof sign and roof.

ferrari_dealership_1.jpg

ferrari_dealership_2.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith
Grammar.

6 hours ago, sk_bricks said:

Awesome!

a question about the roller door, do the speed champion cars fit through it?

Hi, roller door is 8 studs wide and most SC cars are just over 6 studs wide. The F1 car is just under 8 studs wide, but since it's going to hang on its side it could be bought in sideways :)

2 hours ago, Nightfall said:

Nice idea, I like where this is going!

Thanks, Bricklink parts for the back wall and roof have been delayed getting to me due to a big storm closing the main road into Napier from Auckland. So more pictures later :)

Edited by AllanSmith

On 7/18/2017 at 10:50 PM, AllanSmith said:

On holiday in Taupo NZ after displaying my LEGO Speed Champion buildings and cars at the local Hobby Show last weekend (photos / videos to come)

So while relaxing at the time share apartment overlooking Lake Taupo i have designed in LDD a car carrier truck for my cars:

car_carrier_v3_unloaded.jpg

car_carrier_v3_loaded.jpg

It can fit seven cars. The ramp extensions store in the trailer.

Edited by ArcanoKPO
Hi Allan Is possible to post a xlf of this creation? I like it. tks

An update on my Ferrari Showroom. 99% done, just need to add cars and stickers from the Ferrari Ultimate Garage set.

ferrari01.jpg

ferrari02.jpg

On 8/21/2017 at 11:28 PM, Nightfall said:

I'm looking forward to the brick built versions. I think you saw this boat, I have built it (I use the same name here and on the german forum):

34294269481_199d64235a_c.jpg

@Nightfall is it possible to post a .xlf or another bricklink compatible file for that because it is beautiful and I would love to build my own. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, danielthelegoenthusiast said:

@Nightfall is it possible to post a .xlf or another bricklink compatible file for that because it is beautiful and I would love to build my own. Thanks!

I don't know if Nightfall has a file but I have a LDD .lxf file for my version.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ToyKiwi/Als-Autos/garda_boat_v4.lxf

yellow_orange_suv_front.jpg

speedboat_left_side.jpg

Have just had a brief look at your amazing models! There's not one single model I've come across that I don't like.

Stunning work!

29 minutes ago, Dazzzy said:

Have just had a brief look at your amazing models! There's not one single model I've come across that I don't like.

Stunning work!

Thanks. I enjoy the Speed Champions theme and the inspiration it gives me to build my own vehicles and buildings to go with it. This years vehicles are due out in March in New Zealand. I will be displaying my Speed Champion layout again in July at a Hobby Expo.

Nice... the KITT replica with led is brilliant, like it !!

And I will build the mustang for sure... very well done :-)

Edited by AlainLaurent