TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

Legit questions, more than happy to answer...

There have been Campaigns/Missions where the winning side can turn a country to it's side (Alliance), but that got messed up by the rebels who turned out to be terrorists...

No one outright conquers the other side in their builds, otherwise that can throw off the main story's direction with the game-master (Beeze).  Imagine 14 people all claiming they won?  I guarantee, my alliance would all go after Paintballman and try to shut his army down, but I'm sure a few on his side would come after me just as fast!

Entries for the Campaigns all have a due date, at which point a panel of judges scores them.  Cumulative scores are then awarded per team, and the higher score wins.

Currently, in the present system, there are limitations on what can be built from the get go.  Yes, as your score increases, so do the possibilities of what you can build; new brackets open up.

We try to offer prizes for the highest scoring builds, but cannot do that all the time.  We have given away Eclipse Grafx printed gloves, Brickarms prize packs, and Minifig.cat gear as well.

As a game, that's just the best name for what this really is.  Currently, the Great Brick War is somewhat of a team building game, that focuses on becoming a better builder and photographer of LEGO, while encouraging members to create a story line for their character(s) while meeting new people (members) and working together in a type of collaborative, online build!

That being said, Phase II will eventually start up.  This si the last Campaign for Phase I and there will be a lot of changes for Phase II.

Any other questions, please reach out.  We want to be welcoming and keep it simple enough for many different members to participate.

19 hours ago, micaz said:

I am very interested in the game aspect but it does not seem to be that much of it?

Seconding everything @Stash2Sixx said above. The focus really is on your building and getting better at it while sharing a mutual passion for military themed builds. Phase II of our game will be rolling out soon and will be grounded more so in a real world context where people will not be perpetually at war with other nations, but handling certain situations as they arise. Joining now would be a good chance for you to get your feet wet before phase 2 rolls out. Hope to hear more from you!

Thanks for the awnser! Will join in before the campagin ends. Already started a build just need to make a character.

Will our countries be the same in phase 2? I am planning on updating my troops, and I want to make sure if I have to update their gear with anything more modern ( depending on if you change the background to my country).

We will not be providing public back stories at the start. Your country is going to change geographically though and we are going to be throwing things your way to change your stories.

Also, as of now, several players have perks for Phase 2 that they have been saving. Those of you who do, or believe you are owed one, please PM me so I can check our tallies.

You're not blind. They have been removed as we've been updating the post in the background with the rules for phase 2. 

Just now, TheBeeze said:

You're not blind. They have been removed as we've been updating the post in the background with the rules for phase 2. 

Thank you :)