TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

I like what @Lord Buckethead said. I feel that we should implement a side build system that doesn't really get points or a build limit, i.e a side build seperate from the campaign where we don't have to be hindered by our current levels and we can add any vehicle we choose.

One thing to add, I forgot to say this earlier: I think there should be no minimum size, except maybe 16x16 studs. I don't have many parts currently, since I split my collection between Technic and System parts, so it is hard for me to deliver a build of 32x32 at the level of detailing I want to achieve and know I can achieve at a smaller scale.

Not to sound like a whining megablocker or anything. :laugh: Just stating a sad fact about my collection size.

22 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

This is one of my biggest problems. I've had a lot of conversations with talented builders on Flickr. Getting them here has proven to be difficult for (2) reasons:
1. They want to build what they want to build. They don't want to be told "Okay this month you're attacking this". Which I understand so trying to find that middle ground has proven to be difficult and that is why we're introducing a lot of the new things we are doing lately to try and provide a little more freedom.

This 1 plus year participating in the game, I almost build whatever I wanted. In many cases i twisted what the game want so to build what I like. Is not difficult, not at all. Also, the side missions gives the opportunity to make anything comes in my mind. I don't know how the system works in other Eurobrick's RPG but I like the point system we got. You build, you get points. Probably there are more ideas how to make it more efficient, but I like it ho wit works now.

22 hours ago, sigpro said:

I think one of the things that military MOC builders dislike is that they have to follow rules and start from zero. Let me explain myself: I build excellent planes, helicopters, tanks, etc. But until campaign 2 or 3 I will be limited to infantry and small vehicles. And some people don´t want that. By the way, I think it is a good rule, because that tells you who is really interested in the game.

In the beginning of the game I felt strange about it, but it was ok. I agree that how it works tells you is really interested for the game.

An idea the admin can work on, is to unlock the ability to build whatever anyone wants, by country. If I am alone in Plantasea, I can have with me a fellow builder who can use my ability (actually the ability of my country) to build airplanes, even if it will be his first build. I don't like the idea much, but I am trying to give some ideas for the game

Edited by paintballman

A little bit of an update and some questions:

The next campaign will drop any day now. Just putting the finishing touches on it. 

We are working on the game revamp and have a real treat in store for you guys with the map. But we need to know now, is there anyone who wants to change country for the next iteration of the game? 

So as you all know, we are working our butts off on getting phase 2 planned out and ready. We're hoping to have at least 1 more campaign after the current one before we do phase 2. But we wanted to share a little preview for you guys of what we're working on. One of the big things was a completely redesigned map we're now using dedicated software to create so we have tons of detail from a global level down to city scale. 

Here's a preview of a country map of one of the new countries we will be using in the next round, Val Verde. Hope this gets the gears turning for some of you. 

Map 1.jpg

It's summertime. In Greece the temperatures are still 34+ (95 Fahrenheit) and most of my free time is somewhere between see and beach bars. Aslo I convert some of my Great Brick War builds for the upcoming exhibition that Offilial Lego in Greece organizing inside the largerst  Mall in Thessaloniki (the second biggest city in Greece). I convert them becasue Lego not allow war themes, or the use of non-Lego accessories :damn:

I hope I will finish my campaign build on time

Campaign 9 is just about ready to go. However, with the less than ideal turn out for campaign 8 I would like to know what the pulse of the game is right now?

A lot of work is going into developing the future iterations of the game. If there isn't much interest right now, we'd like to know so we can set a more realistic time table of events. 

Speaking for myself only here...

Took on some extra out-of-work activities (read: exercising more) so that is eating up a portion of my free time.  Also, I've taken on more at work with a few employee shortages as of late.  LEGO wise, I have always been a castle fan and wanted to get involved in GoH before, but never did.  So, I've started some builds there; two RBG going on for me.  I'd love to get involved in the Star Wars one that's upcoming with their revamps, but I honestly don't think I'll have time for three!  Still involved in GBW, not going anywhere, just difficult to participate in the last few months.  Oh yeah, broke both of my elbows first week in June for those of you that didn't know.  Still recovering.

I am ready to participate and Admamsins also. 

But I think that many players are waiting the end of first phase and the re-launch of the game. 

Also i think that you (the Admins group) must explain about if and how the current progress of each player will affect his participation in phase 2

4 hours ago, paintballman said:

Also i think that you (the Admins group) must explain about if and how the current progress of each player will affect his participation in phase 2

That was one of our earliest concerns when we started working on Phase 2. We've worked out a system that we feel will be beneficial to those who have participated more, but won't put them too far out in front of others for a huge advantage. Phase 2 will be much more independent than Phase 1, so it will be interesting to see how you guys handle it...... provided everyone still wants to proceed with it. 

Edited by TheBeeze

16 hours ago, TESLA IS THE FUTURE said:

How do you join?

Welcome. I saw your posts. Make sure you read everything over before jumping right in. Contract missions have been placed on hold until the next phase of the game. Additionally, you will want to look at what others have done in the past and make sure you are ready for that. Lastly, you'll need to post any of your pictures on here, I highly recommend using flickr or some sort of related service to host your photos that you post up. 

Good luck and again welcome. 

2 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Welcome. I saw your posts. Make sure you read everything over before jumping right in. Contract missions have been placed on hold until the next phase of the game. Additionally, you will want to look at what others have done in the past and make sure you are ready for that. Lastly, you'll need to post any of your pictures on here, I highly recommend using flickr or some sort of related service to host your photos that you post up. 

Good luck and again welcome. 

Thank you. I did in the main discussion forum through Ideas

As another friend from Greece wants to participate, is it possible to inform us if there will be another campaign or the second phase will begin? 

Apologies for the delay all, I had a personal family matter to deal with last week.

Hoping to have some stuff out to you all shortly for the next campaign.  

Edited by TheBeeze

Is there some kind of mapcontrol involved? Conquering and losing land? How does a side win? It seems to me that it is just build and get points to use to recieve more things you can build to score more points and repeat. I am very interested in the game aspect but it does not seem to be that much of it?