TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

I'm interested in joining, but there would likely be times during the year that my participation would be limited (Jan-Mar). Would this be an issue?

We would be happy to have you at whatever your schedule can allow. All we ask is that while you're here, your doing solid builds. Let us know if you have questions. 

Hi! I am more than inexperienced in lego rpgs, I have never played before.

Can I be a supplier of weapons, vehicles, buildings and bases?

I have a small portfolio of products.

Or must I choose a country?

Thanks for your help.

4 minutes ago, sigpro said:

Hi! I am more than inexperienced in lego rpgs, I have never played before.

Can I be a supplier of weapons, vehicles, buildings and bases?

I have a small portfolio of products.

Or must I choose a country?

Thanks for your help.

PM me let's discuss ideas.

I received another question earlier-

"Another question: The point scale goes from infantry to armor to navy to air force to airborne, etc. Does this mean my sigfig is jumping between these specializations and branches or does it simply indicate at what level these options are available to use in the game?"

Answer- the levels indicate when you unlock things, not what you must do. You have options.

So, I just posted a declaration of war in the Brick of Nations, does this build need to be posted elsewhere, like under the media category? Also, does this build go in the AAR?

The first group of Free Builds have been scored. I would ask all players to check them out and do the following:

• The player's foreshadowing. A lot of subtle hints were dropped. Discuss with your allies.
  • Review their builds.
  • Observe the staff feedback.

Those of you who had builds scored, thank you for being the first group to make the leap. Onward and Upward.

There is a little scene I have built, depicting a single troop with a "pack mule" of sorts traveling through a tunnel and carrying supplies. Should i post this as supporting the war effort? Or is it better placed as troop movement/build up?

Depending on the detail you include and how you build the story around it, you could probably make either work. Troop Movement builds are meant to put troops in place for future use. Supporting the War Effort is a more ranging type of build that can include general war efforts from both the military and civilian populations. So if this is just kind of a supply movement you're doing now, it might be better suited for Support. It's all in how you spin it. Did I answer your question? 

Hey, I think we should create a GBW account to do the scoring. Just to make things easier, like AG has ( @Andromedas Gates ) Sign off with the Mods of course, so they know you have 2 accounts, but I think that would be more dignified and official.

11 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, I think we should create a GBW account to do the scoring. Just to make things easier, like AG has ( @Andromedas Gates ) Sign off with the Mods of course, so they know you have 2 accounts, but I think that would be more dignified and official.

I suggested that to @Thebeeze111 via PM. He said one of his staff is working on it.

Be patient...this came up a few weeks ago...I just slacked off on following up on it.

About "Brick Of Nations". I was thinking if some of the admins build a standard simple podium with a wall behind and a banner of the Brick of Nations, so to be easy for everyone to copy it and  be able to take pictures of his ambassador when he is talking. 

PBM, I like your idea, I really do.  The problem I see is I would need everyone to send me a list of all parts used in their custom figure, with Bricklink links so we can make them all...and I just don't know if everyone would be willing to do that.

But hey, anything is possible!

@Stash2Sixx I think he means just have a standard podium that can be built in real life and LDD, without the minifigs. Then everyone can just stick on their minifigure for the BoN.

But...but then how is my guy going to get up and gut punch your guy?

If the build is simple enough, I'm sure we could do that as well!  Good call.

WOO HOO!!!!!

RoN!!!!  First full Alliance!!!!!

***ZOMG*** Almost nine years and I now have 3000 posts.  WHO CARES!!!!!

Edited by Stash2Sixx
...cuz...

32 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

But...but then how is my guy going to get up and gut punch your guy?

What happened to staying diplomatic? :grin: Unless they're all Donald Trump or something…

17 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

RoN!!!!  First full Alliance!!!!!

?? Did I miss something? Or is this secret?

I may have missed something, but freebuilds don't have to be side challenges right? It's really hard to tell a good story if you're stuck with having to adhere to certain criteria. 

There are 5 types of side builds allowed under the guidelines. There's plenty of room for creativity given what we've laid out.

Hi!

First time poster ever on Eurobricks!

I would like to join the RPG and i have a question...

I know that not all of the nation are available to pick for the moment but the country of ''Tosul'' really speak to me in term of what im looking to build...

So my question is: Do you recommend that i join now and pick a nation thats available or should i wait and join Tosul later on in the game?

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Chris182 said:

Hi!

First time poster ever on Eurobricks!

I would like to join the RPG and i have a question...

I know that not all of the nation are available to pick for the moment but the country of ''Tosul'' really speak to me in term of what im looking to build...

So my question is: Do you recommend that i join now and pick a nation thats available or should i wait and join Tosul later on in the game?

Thanks!

Tosul ! seriously ! A Dictatorial Communist Country ! That is speaking to you ? :tongue::devil:

more seriously, I don't know if Neutral countries will be open on the first run, but I can have wrong on that.

BTW, if you chose Tosul, you'll have to be strong morally and with your builds ! This country could be compared to a Rogue Nation here and have high risk to be threaten by many nations from the both big existing alliances ! Well, not really a simple and sympathetic country for a beginner...

I hope I helped !

52 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Tosul ! seriously ! A Dictatorial Communist Country ! That is speaking to you ? :tongue::devil:

more seriously, I don't know if Neutral countries will be open on the first run, but I can have wrong on that.

BTW, if you chose Tosul, you'll have to be strong morally and with your builds ! This country could be compared to a Rogue Nation here and have high risk to be threaten by many nations from the both big existing alliances ! Well, not really a simple and sympathetic country for a beginner...

I hope I helped !

Oh i see haha!

Well, as i'm by no mean an experienced builder, i will gladly pick a nation that's more even with my competence...

and as for the communist dictatorship part well...i ha ve a brickarm order on the way that consist mostly of russian gear (Ushanka, weapons helmet etc...) i thought that was fitting!:laugh:

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Chris182

If you would like to get rolling right away, feel free to sign up in the Country selection thread.  You can see what countries still have available slots for new players.  Make your posts, show us your sigifg..and then you should be up to 10 posts by then and you will be included in your teams communications!

Have fun and become a better builder; that's what we are going for here!