TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I just need some clarification :)

I can't really build tank treads in LDD... so can I just use wheels on tanks that I build?

a0771379262d34fb49c54674568a95a3.jpg

Like this?

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I just need some clarification :)

I can't really build tank treads in LDD... so can I just use wheels on tanks that I build?

Like this?

Yes, since they exist in real life, you can use wheels. But since your builds must be realistic, your tank must look like the kinds with wheels.

@VaderFan2187 if it's real, you can build it. If it's not, don't. Do some research on real world military weaponry, vehicles, and fortifications and start thinking creatively.

BTW, The more specific you get with your questions, the more strict we will have to be with our rules. Do your fellow players a favor and take a few minutes to really think about your questions before posting. This is a game, not the SATs :grin:

Edited by Thebeeze111

I'd also imagine it is possible to build treads in LDD. There are suitable components in Lego, I would think they are in LDD it would just take time to attach all the links together.

Brick mania has a set they sell, you could look at that and work out how it would fit together.

Edited by Phadeout
Spelling

3 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

@VaderFan2187 if it's real, you can build it. If it's not, don't. Do some research on real world military weaponry, vehicles, and fortifications and start thinking creatively.

BTW, The more specific you get with your questions, the more strict we will have to be with our rules. Do your fellow players a favor and take a few minutes to really think about your questions before posting. This is a game, not the SATs :grin:

Got it. :thumbup:

Just a question...

Considering that @Thebeeze111 is part of the country of Filace, but also is the creator/moderator of this RPG, can we be sure that he will play fairly? Please don't take this the wrong way, just want to make sure that we will have a fair experience.

That's a fair question. There are staff members playing on both alliances and in both teams private comms. I speak for myself and the staff when I say our goal is to see the game play on, not to win it. What fun would it be if I won my own game? 

Don't mean to be fussy, but there's a typo in BBN

"Players will need to keep an eye on this thread as events may be covered that effect their country."

*affect :tongue:

2 hours ago, KyloStabbedFirst said:

Just a question...

Considering that @Thebeeze111 is part of the country of Filace, but also is the creator/moderator of this RPG, can we be sure that he will play fairly? Please don't take this the wrong way, just want to make sure that we will have a fair experience.

Yes, none of us are intending to cheat you out of a fair experience.  If we were...my team would already be boots on the ground and runnin' ops all night every night!  But, they start out at level 0, just like everyone else in the game.

I'm not even participating in the COAC chat unless you guys call me out specifically.  Your team's business is your team's business.

35 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Don't mean to be fussy, but there's a typo in BBN

"Players will need to keep an eye on this thread as events may be covered that effect their country."

*affect :tongue:

Nope, everything looks good to me.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize you were watching us so closely!

21 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize you were watching us so closely!

Sorry for being nitpicky :laugh: I'm very excited. I'm actually typing out my topic in GBW right now!

Edited by VaderFan2187
EDIT: Posted my topic. Did I do anything wrong? ^

On 3/13/2017 at 11:23 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

FYI, you unlock Armor at Level 11. See the point scale. 

I'm going to post this up here for both teams as there have been a few questions about the flow of this game and I'd like to address any concerns 

So first and foremost, you are your country. You create your soldiers, news, politicians, Brick of Nations ambassadors Etc. You use all of them to play the game through the various means in campaigns and side builds.  

As you complete campaign missions and side builds, you will earn points that will allow you to build different things and enhance your military character. Side builds are laid out for people to do in such a way where you can be creative with what you would like to do. Campaigns will be a little bit more direct and on point with what you are supposed to build. However, there will be breathing room for you to use your imagination.

In observing some of the other games, we decided to not roll out any real limitations other than the points system at this time. Things like resources and real estate are intricate and some times add a cool factor to the game. Sometimes though, they become distractions and players make them their sole purpose instead of focusing on building for the sake of the game and having fun. As the game progresses, we introduce some of these things but nothing is planned for the immediate future. 

With regard to the Diplomacy situation, this is again based on good judgement and your imagination. Players can't go to war with each other without declaring it. Filace was attacked on (2) occasions (though both were not direct acts of war) therefore it declared war on the other nations. That means those nations are now fair game to full on assault. Now does this mean all COAC countries are going to go to war? Probably not. Just like in our world, sometimes full fledged allies don't go to war if their allies are attacked but they provide support and other things like that. It is up to you to persuade your allies to join you or work out deals of some kind. You create an ambassador to the Brick of Nations to represent you there.

So here's a hypothetical situation: Commonwealth of Southern Territories-(RON) decides it is going to go to war with Filace-(COAC). This half way across the map. If that player wanted to assault Filace, they would need to do a few things. First, the player would have to do a side build showing them moving troops. Be realistic, a ground invasion isn't happening from that far away with out help or prestaging troops in friendly territory. A Naval assault would take time, so ships should be shown moving into place, same thing with planes needing to stage from somewhere. Another option, the player could seek a deal with a neighboring allied country to house troops or build a base on their land. The player could do a side build showing their base being constructed (or the other nation building it) and then they could do a separate build showing them starting to move troops there. All the staff is asking for is for you to use fair judgement. Don't post a side build of your country building a base and then a day later have your troops moving in. Be reasonable. Bases take time to build, maybe over the course of a campaign or something like that. We don't want to put specific restrictions on these things because it keeps things interesting but we will if it is abused. 

It is up to you to keep track of the "treaties" you've made with other nations. And if you have a problem with any of them, the Brick of Nations is the place to bring them up and perhaps find a resolution. 

If there is something you'd like to do but are really unsure if it is okay, ask a staff member. The worst they can say is "No". 

I hope this clears up some of your confusion. If you have questions, this is the place to ask so that all players can be on the same page. Chances are if you don't understand something, someone else probably doesn't either. Get talking with your teams. 

The first campaign is going to drop tomorrow. 

Silly question but since all the countries have at least one player if I want to join should I ask the player who's country I am thinking of joining if it is ok or just jump right in?

It's ok to jump right in, first come, first served.  So get movin!!!!

Question posed by a member, figured I would place this here for confirmation as others may have a similar question.....

BTW, if I understand well, I can build a warship but my Sigfig cannot command it. Am I right ? (for Campaign 1 and really any freebuild?)

Naval Operations are unlocked at Level 21. So build within reason. I wouldn't have a ship as the primary focus of my build. You could say have someone on a ship in passing or say doing a Briefing on a ship in their War Room. But again, I would not have a ship as the primary focus. At Level 21 you can rain down Naval Destruction on your enemy's shores. If someone is taking the time to build a ship, I would save it until you reach that point level so that way you have something unique at that point level and super detailed to roll out for your build. I wouldn't have someone commanding until they move up the food chain a little bit. 

Happy Hunting. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

22 minutes ago, Thebeeze111 said:

If someone is taking the time to build a ship, I would save it until you reach that point level so that way you have something unique at that point level and super detailed to roll out for your build. 

So we build, but we fine-tune it until we unlock the ability post it :classic:

On 16/03/2017 at 6:32 AM, Thebeeze111 said:

FYI, you unlock Armor at Level 11. See the point scale. 

Oh, not being a military expert, I assumed it was this type :grin:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAsmNbEqShxzoKbt-_SKH

1 hour ago, paintballman said:

Where can I post a detailed map of my country?

Your Intro post. I may add it to the country index. 

Sorry, but I won't be available till the 20th of this month. I'm sorry I'll be missing the first campaign as I had built a Moc for it. Would it be possible for me to submit it on Monday? It's fine if that's not possible as it would be unfair on others.

I'm interested in joining, but there would likely be times during the year that my participation would be limited (Jan-Mar). Would this be an issue?

8 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Sorry, but I won't be available till the 20th of this month. I'm sorry I'll be missing the first campaign as I had built a Moc for it. Would it be possible for me to submit it on Monday? It's fine if that's not possible as it would be unfair on others.

@Spud The Viking you have until 4/17/17 to submit your entry for the campaign. I just unveiled the campaign this morning, you have plenty of time to work on that. If you are referring to side build, you can submit it whenever you want. It will now count as 1 of your 4 total you can build between campaigns. So between now and 4/17/17 you can submit a total of 4 side builds and one entry for the campaign build. The campaign build should be grander in the scale of size, detail, effort and story than the others. Let me know if I answered your question.

Also I received a question earlier: 

"How do you and your staff intend to maintain fair voting since all of you are playing also?"

So to give you guys an inside look currently we have (4) Judges on our Panel and only (3) of those judges are playing in the game. That means at any given time one of us builds something, there will be (3) other judges who are voting. Builds are given (3) Scores per Judge- 1 for Originality (Concept, Story, and Building), 1 for Build Quality (Speaks for itself), 1 for Presentation (Is the build Orderly? Are your pictures clear? Does your story make sense?). Each score is ranged from 0 - either 10 or 4 (Campaign vs side builds). Then, an average is taken of all scores from all judges. 

So in summation if I submit a side build, it will be scored by (3) other judges and not me. Hope this helps.