Sign in to follow this  
Freezingvettes99

BNSF SD60M in 6 Wide

This project has been a long time in the making.  I took the inspiration photos last summer when I spotted a BNSF SD60M in yard switching duty that had remote control equipment installed.  I have included a couple pictures of the original prototype as reference, enjoy!  Feedback is always appreciated.

33187701751_9e9fe26ebf_c.jpgBNSF SD60M #1417 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33315564485_2503673420_c.jpgBNSF SD60M #1417 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

32472621774_acae3d8d00_c.jpgBNSF SD60M #1417 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33160189202_0d91b5654b_c.jpgBNSF SD60M #1417 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

32480866004_cb57af14f7_c.jpg2017-03-08_08-38-20 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

32480862934_b5636f064d_c.jpg2017-03-08_08-38-07 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

Edited by Dansharos
wrong size pictures

I like the long hood. The cab though really needs a windscreen which looks like a "triclops" since that is such a distinct prototype feature.

14 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I like the long hood. The cab though really needs a windscreen which looks like a "triclops" since that is such a distinct prototype feature.

I might work on that, I was more concerned with getting the nose to work out with the stripes and the height.  Six wide has its restrictions, but that is what all of my stuff is so staying there for now.

Nice build. Excellent work.  You have managed to capture some difficult angles quite well.

5 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Beautiful build! I agree on the windscreen, even though that may prove to be a challenge. :)

I tried messing around with it last night, it seems fairly straight forward up front but the attachment point is insane!  I will have to study it for a while to see if it is possible.

Excellent job, looks really sharp. I'd echo the windscreen though. Could you do: orange tile, clear 1x2 brick, clear 1x2 plate, orange 1x2 plate, clear 1x2 brick...? Potential attachment could be make the orange plates 1x3 (up or down), have one or more plates stick back in to the cab, clip snot with a 1x1 orange plate with clip, etc. The trans clear brick+plate is not as nice looking as the 1x2x2 panels but it gets the middle window in.

Great! I understand when people build 7, 8 or 9 wide trains, but as you pointed out yourself most of our stuff is 6 wide, by the very fact that that's Legos own scale. I therefore like it very much when people build great looking MOCs like this in 6 wide scale :) Well done! 

Does it go around corners with the 3-axle bogies?

Edited by McWaffel

Nice build! It really captures the real thing.