Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Book 2 Challenge V Cat B: Statue of Doom

After Narbilu received the letter, he was surprised it came from his old war-buddy Osric Isentooth. The Alliance is growing stronger and he would like us to participate in the battle against the Spire. Before the arrival of Osric, he summoned his commanders and other wise men to come up with a plan to overwhelm the enemy.

It was a hard task to think of something evil enough to beat pure evil. Greed and ego is the solution. A gift to the Spire, in honour of their evilness. Narbilu and the alliance with the fallen Avalonian warriors forged a plan to beat the Spire.

33279750796_3562515b0f.jpg

Craftsmen, sorcerers and the fallen started constructing a statue. Just finishing up when Osric arrived. Narbilu explained the idea to his old friend. A gift with a surprise.

33165163862_a8c4622702.jpg

(sorry for the picture quality, just finished my new Lego room, and the lights aren't in place yet)

Edited by narbilu

I like that tower, very dark and mysteriously magical. The use of all those horn/claw pieces is great, and the trans-blue elements give it a great magical vibe. I think the ground could use a bit more detailing, though, perhaps some sort of more profound elevation change to give it more visual interest. That being said, I like it. It is reminiscent, on a smaller scale, of Orthanc or Barad-dur. 

That's a pretty awesome tower, as HQ said the trans-blue parts make for a very magical feeling while the claw-pieces go for somehting darker and more evil. Great job overall :thumbup: 

That tower is sick!! The black and trans blue looks amazing and the claws really add to the wickedness :thumbup: The large claws used in the landscaping are fantastic and I love the lanterns :wub:

Fantastic magically-looking structure! I also really like the scary legs coming out of the ground :classic:

I do however agree that the ground could have benefitted from a tad more detailing.

Excellent work, the trans light blue and black with the claws make a great atmosphere :thumbup: A little more ground texturing would be nice, but the dark brown spikes are a good addition.

Great build !

I really like this Magical Statue ! The use of trans light blue domes (are there eggs ?) is nicely fitting with the gloomy black claws.

Good job ! A Great entry !

Superb combination of parts! The various claw type elements, and trans blue globes give quite an eerie look :thumbup:

Really creative use of the translucent boulders and crystals!  The whole scene gives me an evil, almost fantasy sci-fi feel to it.  Very nice work!