obijon

[MOC] MINIs from Rogue One

See replies in this thread for NEW models - I have consolidated all models from Rogue One from other topics in to one thread (I had time on my hands during lockdown!)

Models in this thread - 

1. ZETA-CLASS CARGO SHUTTLE
  2. KRENNIC'S SHUTTLE
  3. TIE STRIKER
  4. IMPERIAL HOVERTANK
  5. TIE REAPER TROOP TRANSPORT
  6. PROFUNDITY MC75 CRUISER
  7. ETA-CLASS SUPPLY BARGE

Original post:

ZETA-CLASS CARGO SHUTTLE

Hi all

I have not posted any new models for a long time.  Work life and personal life has been CRAZY!

I have not got much time to write an essay on these so I will let the models speak for themselves. :wink:

First up the Imperial Heavy Cargo Shuttle.  

There are no really flash building techniques with this one but it is pretty much studless.

heavy_cargo_shuttle_1.jpgdheavy_cargo_shuttle_2.jpgheavy_cargo_shuttle_3.jpgheavy_cargo_shuttle_4.jpgheavy_cargo_shuttle_planets.jpg

KRENNIC'S SHUTTLE

Second, Director Krennic's Shuttle.  Again this is studless.

krennic_shuttle_1.jpgkrennic_shuttle_2.jpgkrennic_shuttle_3.jpgkrennic_shuttle_4.jpgkrennic_shuttle_planets.jpg

TIE STRIKER

And last but not least the Tie Striker:

tie_striker_1.jpgtie_striker_2.jpgtie_striker_3.jpgtie_striker_4.jpgtie_striker_planets.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Jon

Edited by obijon

These are wonderful!

I especially like how you did the crates on the cargo shuttle. 

I wish LEGO would go back to selling mini builds with minifigures (like the planet series). I'd buy these in a heartbeat. 

It's a shame this range was replaced by Microfighters, but these models are great! They show what might have been...

IMPERIAL HOVERTANK

Hi again everyone

I have has a nasty virus recently so had time to watch Rogue One again and had time on my hands to build some little models.:sick:

And here is one of them, the Imperial Hovertank as seen in Rogue One. Again no really flash techniques on show apart from using a hinge brick and 2x2 hinge top to get the slope effect and greebles on the front.

I am quite happy with how this turned out.  Let me know what you think.

Jon

hovertank1.jpghovertank2.jpghovertank3.jpghovertank4.jpghovertank5.jpg

Edited by obijon

I'm usually not a fan of these, but some of yours are just fantastic! I don't care much for studless, but the shuttle is up there with the best for this scale. The tank also looks splendid.

TIE REAPER

Hello again everyone

Here is the lst model from Rogue One which I can think of to build; the Tie Reaper Troop Transport.

The trickiest part of this was building the wings and tail and attach them to the body so that they weren't 3 or 4 studs thick which not only would have looked silly but would have messed up the angle at which they lie on the slope bricks on the side of the body of the model.

I think I got the overall shape pretty close.

tiereaper1.jpgtiereaper2.jpgtiereaper3.jpgtiereaper4.jpg

and as with all my other recent models on display with the Death Trooper.

tiereaperdisplay.jpg

All comments welcome.

Jon

Edited by obijon

PROFUNDITY MC75 CRUISER

Hi again everyone

This time I present a model I have tinkered with a lot - Admiral Raddus' flagship from Rogue One the Profundity.  This is another example IMO of a nice ship design from the Disney era being used only once then blown to bits! :devil:

The build itself has a few transitions from 2 bricks wide at the front to 3 bricks and then back to 2 on the tail to attache the nose section and to get the sleak shape which tapers to the tail.  I also tinkered an awful lot with the nose section to get the hangar in.  I must have built this section 4 or 5 times but finally settled with using the door rail pieces to mimic the hole as this meant that the nose would not get too thick throwing out the whole shape and feel of the model like some of the other attempts I made.

I also attached the engines using clip tiles so the tail would not get too thick.

Now to finish building the ship named after the commander of this one..........

Anyway let me know what you think.

Jon

profundity1.jpegprofundity2.jpegprofundity3.jpegprofundity4.jpegprofundity5.jpegprofunditydisplay.jpeg

Edited December 18, 2018 by obijon

ETA-CLASS SUPPLY BARGE

Hi again everyone

This time I present one more model from Rogue One – the Eta-Class Supply Barge .  This “super tanker” can be seen entering Scarif through the shield gate.

It is the big brother/sister of the Zeta-Class Cargo shuttle seen earlier in this thread.

I also cannot recall seeing any other MOC’s of this monster.

This was quite a simple build – it is mostly a flat-bed after all – but the pieces that inspired me was the new 1x2 wedges for the prongs at the front.  The only other “tricky” part was making the 8 wings so that they were sloped but not too sloped.  I eventually settled on door rail plates at the bottom of each wing to give an illusion of a slope.  It is a bit bigger than I would normally like to build but with the front having to be 4 studs wide (difficult to make it 3) it dictated the overall length of the model.

My photography is not very good but the orange containers contrasted against the dark-bluish gray is quite striking.

Let me know what you think and there will be more MINI madness soon

Jon

etaclasssupplybarge1.jpegetaclasssupplybarge2.jpegetaclasssupplybarge3.jpegetaclasssupplybarge4.jpegetaclasssupplybarge5.jpegetaclasssupplybargedisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Great models, and Ireally like your set ups with the mini-figs.

I was not collecting when the Planet series was around, but great throwback ideas that I would buy in a heartbeat if they were official sets.

Cheers :)

Thanks. 

the planets sets were great. They could have done without the actual planets though and lowered the price which might have made them more successful.

Wow. These are really good! My favorites are the Eta class transport and the TIE Reaper. Would you mind maybe taking a pic of all of models together?

22 hours ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

Wow. These are really good! My favorites are the Eta class transport and the TIE Reaper. Would you mind maybe taking a pic of all of models together?

Thanks again. I have had a similar request before for all the models so here are some of the collection in the display cabinets - I am running out of space now my son has commandeered a couple of shelves for his Hidden Side sets! Grrrrrrrrrrr.!  These are not all mine, some are official polybags, some are other builders creations which I did not think I could better.

img_2126.jpgimg_2125.jpgimg_2128.jpg