Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

BOBs Brief Stories 04 : Lady Jazmyn Cuervo Kidnapping, part 2

BOBs Brief Stories 04 : Lady Jazmyn Cuervo Kidnapping, part 2

After a quite incomfortable trip from Torrach Bonn to Terraversa, Lady Jazmyn Cuervo has been disembarqued in King's Port in Terraversa.

The privateer known as "Le Pingouin" reached a little wharf at the port near the market place where fishermen are usually selling their goods. He met the local Mardier officer in charge of this part of the port who was worried about the situation...

Actually, with the war pending between Mardier and Eslandola, the local garrison was lighter than ever and the Separatists could try anything. Seing "Le Pingouin" arriving with an Eslandian prisoner was not the best news he would have expected and feared the situation would escape out of his control !

33128243682_fd7bb2f756_c.jpg

He was telling the privateer to continue his route when an astonishing lady dressed in purple arrived backwards to distract "Le Pingouin"'s men. She just blinked once and suddenly, the situation got out of control !

33128250192_0983de1f4c_z.jpg

33242844876_08e54bb3d1_z.jpg

The men guarding Lady Cuervo solidly tied up in the rowboat at quay were quickly stunt by the lady in purple and her friend while many citizens raised arms to fight the poor garrison stationed around the wharf !

33242821856_97a45366f0_z.jpg

Fishermen, farmers, gentlmen and ladies were suddenly became angry Separatist rebels. The leader of this operation came to free Lady Cuervo during the time his troops attacked the Mardier men.

32440947874_787575efd0_z.jpg

32469150353_91ec01bd1e_c.jpg

32469126083_b86f68a74e_z.jpg

He told her that he was a dormant agent for the Eslandolan crown and he was awared of her kidnapping. So, he tried to free her here in Terraversa using the ambiguous situation of the island at this time, before seing her sold at Mardier.

He ensured her that she will be extracted quickly by night thanks to an Eslandola fleet that was sent to blockade the Terraversan Port.

33155597041_7f42e5a396_z.jpg

Finally, Lady Cuervo followed him leaving a market place in trouble. She was free !

33283990385_7e791f3e29_c.jpg

The Terraversa situation is actually not really settled and many separatists are still active. Will Mardier succeed in bringing peace in this isalnd ? Or will the separatists manage to create an independant state without being disturbed by the war against Eslandola ? All of this is still unsure...

But who can tell !

Here is the end of Lady Cuervo kidnapping. I wanted her to be saved like we decided with @Stash2Sixx

Of course, I am not pretending to describe the absolute truth and it is possible the Separatists are not so strong, but the Mardier presence should have been lowered since the beginning of the war because of some troops being sent to the front.

Anyway, feel free to comment both the story and the build. Thank you for reading.

Great ending Faladrin, and a very colorful market scene!  Good job portraying the action!  One of the things that grabbed my attention was the use of plan yellow heads for pineapples... I've been wanting a printed one for quite a while but in fact, those plain ones get the point across quite well!  Don't be surprised if you see me borrow that! :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great ending Faladrin, and a very colorful market scene!  Good job portraying the action!  One of the things that grabbed my attention was the use of plan yellow heads for pineapples... I've been wanting a printed one for quite a while but in fact, those plain ones get the point across quite well!  Don't be surprised if you see me borrow that! :pir-grin:

Thank you very much Kai ! Funny you noticed the pineapples... And yes, I don't have any of those fancy printed heads, so I improvised pineapple with what I have in stock... Feel free to borrow the idea :blush:

I hope you noticed the antagonism I created between the pineapple (Mardier) side and the Apple (Eslandola) side. It is quite discrete but I did not want to be too strict on that build. After all, it was just a funny misfortune for Lady Cuervo.

I'm surprised how well the flesh Ostriches fit with the yellow minifigs - I guess I'll have to go find mine:D
I guess I don't have to say it once again, but the action scene is great as usual.
One detail that jumped into my face - did you cross a clam with a crab? Or is there another reason for that? :D

14 hours ago, LegoEomer said:

Good job on the port!

Thank you ! Glad you like it !

2 hours ago, Legostone said:

I'm surprised how well the flesh Ostriches fit with the yellow minifigs - I guess I'll have to go find mine:D
I guess I don't have to say it once again, but the action scene is great as usual.
One detail that jumped into my face - did you cross a clam with a crab? Or is there another reason for that? :D

Thank you mate !

Yes flesh ostriches are quite good with yellow faces too ! I was surprised myself to see that and will use them more often. Those ostriches were a little gift my sister gave me and I have never used them before because of their fleshy aspect. I guess I was wrong on that...

And no... I didn't cross a clam with a crab, it is just a superposition of the clam upon the crab claw I used. I don't have reddish crab, so I used the hand of the CMF Monster Fly and made a sea food assortment on a plate with the clam and here it is ! A clam-crab ! :laugh:

Neat market scene, and quite a bit of activity to go with it. I like your basic pineapples - the heads work really well, as already suggested - and the use of that claw is convincing. My favorite part is the lady in purple twirling about, as you've captured the motion very well. Interesting continuation of the story.

A very enjoyable story to follow, Faladrin, and a very lively market scene. I particularly like the different market stalls, and the action you have shown is wonderful. I rarely get around to anything but a fixed scene. As I find the photography troublesome, I never get to fiddle around with different poses and action shots, but you have inspired me to look into this in the future. Good job!

On 19/03/2017 at 3:02 AM, Captain Dee said:

Neat market scene, and quite a bit of activity to go with it. I like your basic pineapples - the heads work really well, as already suggested - and the use of that claw is convincing. My favorite part is the lady in purple twirling about, as you've captured the motion very well. Interesting continuation of the story.

Thank you very much ! I've tryed my best for that lady. :blush:

In fact, this was the first thing I built for this scene... And I started her in red but after reflection it was better to make her in purple, first for not confusing her with a Corrington lady, and secondly for being a Garveyan colour and Garvey is against Mardier.

54 minutes ago, Bregir said:

A very enjoyable story to follow, Faladrin, and a very lively market scene. I particularly like the different market stalls, and the action you have shown is wonderful. I rarely get around to anything but a fixed scene. As I find the photography troublesome, I never get to fiddle around with different poses and action shots, but you have inspired me to look into this in the future. Good job!

Thank you ! I am glad it's inspired you !