Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Now that I finally got the entire series I’ve got some fun pictures that I will post soon.

also I must say that all of these figs are better in person for sure. The one I like most is the dragon suit and close behind is the cowboy then after that it’s hard to say.

and lastly in my area these have sold out twice at my local Walmart and yes there are still two cases of the Batman series.

Edited by 1Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40933452855_2e3a54750b_b.jpg

As promised here it is; like I said it wasn't much of a marbled brick but still something.

Oh and by the way, that's the only affected area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the Dragon Suit guy and gave it Orca's head. Orca's head really helps turn animal costume Minifigs into animal Minifigs. Now if the Faun legs get released in red. Then this dragon will be complete

20180430_135637.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, x105Black said:

Thanks for the picture of the marbling. As subtle as it is, it's still impressive.

No problem! My mum didn't notice it when she was building it, it wasn't until I picked it up and started looking at it that I noticed the marbled effect on the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no idea a carrot figure was ever made! Maybe that's where they got further inspiration to do the corn cob guy as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venefic said:

I had no idea a carrot figure was ever made! Maybe that's where they got further inspiration to do the corn cob guy as well. 

That's not LEGO, it is from an aftermarket customizer. The carrot bodywear and leaves part come in a number of colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dfwx4.jpg
1z14uox.jpg

All my plant people together

and messing around with Joker's head

xgmur4.jpg

zl2a85.jpg

Edited by AquaSazers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AquaSazers said:

All my plant people together

and messing around with Joker's head

*snip*

That last picture of the Joker just proves my critique of the clown: the yellow skin clashes with the other colors. If the clown had white makeup like the Joker, it would be one of my favorites in the series...however, it's still worth purchasing for the Clown Prince of Crime himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

That last picture of the Joker just proves my critique of the clown: the yellow skin clashes with the other colors. If the clown had white makeup like the Joker, it would be one of my favorites in the series...however, it's still worth purchasing for the Clown Prince of Crime himself.

Exactly. Especially, since the clown has white hands/gloves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, if anyone here have any questions pertaining to Series 18, the Collectable Minifigure line in general, or past and future CMSs, the YouTube channel Beyond the Brick is asking fans to submit them for a chance to ask those questions to designers attending the Fan Media Days event in Billund, Denmark this week. :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree about the clown comments. Lego played it safe and more importantly smart by keeping his head yellow.

Google "clown" (and then "creepy clown") and click images; full-white-face has been mostly relegated to hollyweird horror film insane murdering slasher clowns, comic book villains... and McDonalds. Nothing stopping anyone from making this type of clown with a simple head swap but that's not what Lego wanted.

The CMF clown is in-line with the traditional party clown (now google that), given the theme, which is more often white around the eyes and mouth only. The type of clown you might still be able to find at a children's birthday party making balloon animals and bonking a squeaky toy hammer and spinning plates on sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Disagree about the clown comments. Lego played it safe and more importantly smart by keeping his head yellow.

Google "clown" (and then "creepy clown") and click images; full-white-face has been mostly relegated to hollyweird horror film insane murdering slasher clowns, comic book villains... and McDonalds. Nothing stopping anyone from making this type of clown with a simple head swap but that's not what Lego wanted.

The CMF clown is in-line with the traditional party clown (now google that), given the theme, which is more often white around the eyes and mouth only. The type of clown you might still be able to find at a children's birthday party making balloon animals and bonking a squeaky toy hammer and spinning plates on sticks.

So you’re assuming that that all “all white clowns “ are evil because they are portrayed as evil in movies and books ?    :oh:

oops misread what you said never mind   :facepalm:

Edited by 1Panda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.