Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

That picture going around I would say is almost like concept art, although the those Minifigures probably wouldn't be far off the final versions, the collector boy's hair gives it away that these are concept art.

12 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Are the brick suit kids supposed to be holding representations of each other?

See I was thinking it was more this kind of situation. 

Lets get metaphysical with the bricks!  

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

That picture going around I would say is almost like concept art, although the those Minifigures probably wouldn't be far off the final versions, the collector boy's hair gives it away that these are concept art.

What do you mean? They're the typical 3D renders used for CMF series, and the hair might just be an error. I don't think there will be any difference in the final figures.

The brick suits are great, especially how they go above the minifigures' necks a bit, and the collector boy looks a little bit like me bar the attire, so that's even more essential to have now!

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

So do we think the Brick Suits are going to have some form of anti-stud on the back?

I really hope so.

7 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

What do you mean? They're the typical 3D renders used for CMF series, and the hair might just be an error. I don't think there will be any difference in the final figures.

The brick suits are great, especially how they go above the minifigures' necks a bit, and the collector boy looks a little bit like me bar the attire, so that's even more essential to have now!

I don't think we'll get the new balloon "piece" either.

21 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I don't think we'll get the new balloon "piece" either.

I've been told that we will indeed get it.

Red Brick: Cute, but boring face.

Police Officer: I love the purely retro look. 

Elephant Suit Girl: See, no top! That mouse is great, and long overdue.

Fireworks Guy: Interesting, but not my favorite. 

Dragon Suit Guy: Dang, that's cool! He'd go great with the 2013 Castle Dragon. Now I'm even more upset mine broke!

Cake Jumper: Aw, not a whole cake costume, but still, a guy with a LEGO Movie-caliber face popping out of one...that's pretty nice! Also, is this the first male hairpiece with an accessory peg?

Race Car Guy: Cute, but not my thing.

Flower Girl: I adore that flowerpot so much, and to nobody's surprise, I'm turning it into a mobile plant monster for my spooky collection. 

Blue Brick: Nice face and hair. 

Unicorn Knight: A bit too soft and cutesy for what I wanted. I wish he was armored, but that looks like a different mask mold!

Birthday Boy: Weird fashion sense, but great pieces.

Spider Suit Guy: OH YES TOUGH SPOOKY GOTH SPIDER GUY! He's probably the Spooky Boy's weird older brother or maybe the Spider Lady's son. Love it. But couldn't they have made the eye marks white or at least, red? The blue sort of throws it off.

Birthday Girl: That new younger-pigtails piece is adorable, and she has a great design. I just wish her accessories were better.

Cactus Girl: Nice new arms and suit

Cowboy Suit Guy: Yep, that looks like Teal to me!

Balloon Clown: While I was right to expect the Penguin hat, he's not wowing me from this angle. I'll need a better view. 

Cat Suit Guy: Surprisingly more eighties-heroish in its patterning than I imagined. Just give it a skirt and it's an anthropomorphic action/fantasy star!

So far, this looks like a great source of parts and a great scenario to set up. Spidery is my main figure this time, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of the others, too.

I wish we got to see the Sailor too, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario

This series impresses me, lots of great new molds and prints and on the plus side most of them should be pretty easy to feel for. 

The dragon is AMAZING. Just amazing. Will get 7-8 of them. I wished the thorns of the cactus were black colored ? Really like the rocket!

This is a fun series. Looks like a record for new moulds, with some great new parts & recolours in there too. 

Agree that the cop seems a bit out of place though. 

No sure why but something seems off. Maybe it's the orange baseplates that are throwing me. There are some great characters here... something just seems off to me though.

From the initial rumors, I already liked the sound of the balloon boy, girl, and clown, and they don't really disappoint from what I can see in this image. I certainly like the clown's recolor of Penguin's hat too! But, I wasn't expecting the cake guy to turn out the way he did, and find him to be quite useful from the torso up. It's interesting that he has a newly pegged remake of the original male hairpiece, and his face looks surprisingly like Benny's from The Lego Movie.

Besides those four, most of the others have their merits, at least if you pick them (literally) apart. I know that Castle fans will perhaps take a likening to both the Unicorn Knight and the Dragon Suit Guy, as the Knight has a pretty cool shield, while the Dragon Suit Guy is just plain cool as a whole. Also, that Cat Suit one, I do wonder if that figure was intentionally designed with Chima in mind.

@albertbalanza you win the whole thread! Congrats! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, albertbalanza said:

If there is one complete CMF series that I am determined to get, then this is THE one. ;) 

Second that! This might be the first series where I try and get one of every figure. 

The cop minifigure is really weird. Like LEGO told the designers 'But you need a cop!'. I mean you can get an old one for like 4 cents on Bricklink.

I would have preferred the Elephant Suit include a tail rather than a tutu, but glad it's only the skirt part of the outfit.  The new mouse is nice.

I will need the Birthday Cake Guy for the Cake piece.

I will need the Flower Pot Girl for the various plant pieces and pot.

I like the little minifigure packets, and would like at least one.  The same can be said for the balloon animals.  Those look great.

The Cactus Girl is good and I will want at least one.

The Cowboy Suit Guy is interesting, and I may end up with one.

The Blue Unicorn Knight is good.  I'd like to see the print on the torso before making a final decision, but I'll probably get at least one or two for the shields.

The Dragon Suit Guy is the best minifigure in the series by far, and better than most in other series.  I will need several.

All the others are OK.

It seems like from initial counting that there are 20Ish new molds coming in this series! We have the brick suit, elephant mask, mouse, firework suit, dragon mask, dragon tail, the cake, the cake guys hair (I think), race car, flower mask, flower pot body mold, ballon, Lego fans hair, spider mask, spider “arms”, cactus arms, cactus body mold, horse mold, ballon animals, cat head, fish. Those are the ones i found. The cop stands out I think because it’s the only figure in this series that doesn’t use a new mold. Also people save these photos, according to people these were not supposed to be revealed so they will most likely be deleted so save them before they are 

Edited by Falconfan1414