Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for every series, there's usually only one or two CMFs that I really want. As for the others I'm not interested in, I still think they're great to have, it's only those costumed characters that I don't get. I'm sorry, but I think they are just pointless filler that could be filled in by some other useful City/Historical/Sci-fi/Fantasy archetype. To me, costumed character CMFs are like gag gifts, like a whoopie cushion or a hand buzzer.

Ah, well - different strokes, and all that. Personally, I love them purely as novelties, as well as things that can occasionally be useful.

My wife has a Creator Apple Tree House that she likes to redecorate for the holidays, and at Halloween she enjoys populating the yard with "trick-or-treaters", so costumed folks are always welcome, as are "real" monsters.

For myself, I just think they're delightful. I do also plan to eventually throw my own minifigure costume bashes and such.

9 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Personally, I love them purely as novelties, as well as things that can occasionally be useful.

Now I will say that, for those I can't appreciate as a whole, some of them do at least come with some repurposable parts, particularly their heads with unique expressions. Probably the only costumed characters I can appreciate as a whole are Halloween costumed CMFs such as the S14 Skeleton Guy and the S16 Imp. Also, CMFs like the Gorilla and Lizard Suit Guys can be thought of as Toho rubber monster costume actors. 

But still, those I don't care for could at least give us more than just new expressions. I'd like to see more costumed CMFs like this promotional figure, with some great dual molded/printed torsos and legs.

Indeed!

It's going to be neat to see how people use the brick suits. I wonder whether they'll turn up elsewhere?

37 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

It's going to be neat to see how people use the brick suits. I wonder whether they'll turn up elsewhere?

I'm hoping to see the suit in black or grey, personally.  Then I could really make use of it in a build.

Someone said 'furries' and almost ruined costumed minifigures for me. But then I looked at elephant girl and thought...:wub: maybe I could be in to that. :tongue:

Remember that amazing line from Aliens: "They're mostly costumed minifigures, mostly".

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Series 18 has been listed as "Sold Out " for several days now...

Normally I wouldn't worry, but since it's been several days, the words are red, and this usually happens when a set's production has already ended, I'm a bit worried that the Policeman isn't going to be the only minifig going to expensive for us who haven't even found a box of this series yet.

It's conceivable it'll come back. Something similar happened with the Disney series, IIRC (though granted, they did also have the Castle coming out later, which gave TLG more of an incentive to have those Minifigures out later and longer).

That said, elements from the Minifigures line often wind up showing up in the Build-a-Minifigure kiosks in the LEGO Stores. It's peculiar to think of brick suits showing up in the torso bins, but you never know...

Went to my local Walmart and picked some up, they had half a case I would say (they dump them into a wire bin in the shelves so just a guess). While feeling I notice a lot were brick suit guys and girls, cowboy, and cactus girl that had the most of each. I was able to get a couple I wanted but they didn't have many of them. Unless I didn't feel right, the clown was completely gone at mine. 

This thread needs more picture-fun because I'm obsessed with this series! :wub_drool:

40667210094_a762b376bd_c.jpg

She was super excited to find flowers that perfectly match her costume, like color-checker-chart perfect.

40667210114_f5408772f2_c.jpg

Stop building on me, that's inappropriate!

40667210144_a572e409d8_c.jpg

Continuing with @AmperZand and @K_Tiger 's utilizing the costume head mouths. The orca head from the Batman series works well too; swapping heads makes the dragon more dragon-y and the orca less creepy.

40667210154_6df478e20c_c.jpg

Really wild west!

40667210174_e974e0ff2f_c.jpg

And you won't believe! @Digger of Bricks showed up to the costume party and a good time was had by all. Look at that smile!

40667210184_c0588795ed_c.jpg

6 hours ago, koalayummies said:

And you won't believe! @Digger of Bricks showed up to the costume party and a good time was had by all. Look at that smile!

OK, I'll confess, that's pretty funny. :head_back:

heard something about the classic policeman in a sealed box being usually on the top left side.

any truth to this?

finally found a mall nearby with a sealed box , gonna go there in a few hours

37 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Does 1Panda get invited to the party as well ?

Of course! But you have to take the picture (because I don't have a panda figure :sad:).

On 4/11/2018 at 7:27 AM, koalayummies said:

Stop building on me, that's inappropriate!

40667210144_a572e409d8_c.jpg

This is pure joy! I love how these expressions are being used! The use of the Flower Pot Girl's head on that Brickbody panel you made is pure gold! :laugh:

Edited by Pigbrick the Pig Designer

2 hours ago, just_one said:

heard something about the classic policeman in a sealed box being usually on the top left side.

any truth to this?

The one I found was on the left side near the middle. If you get a sealed box and other people are looking to grab some just pull out the whole left side and feel each til you find it. The employee at Target brought up a new box for me to look through on an unused checkout lane. After I finished grabbing what I wanted she hung the rest up in a few checkout lanes.

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

Of course! But you have to take the picture (because I don't have a panda figure :sad:).

I would but I don’t have any of the minifigures from series 18 yet  :cry_sad: Hopefully I’ll find some today.

5 hours ago, Pigbrick the Pig Designer said:

This is pure joy! I love how these expressions are being used! The use of the Flower Pot Girl's head on that Brickbody panel you made is pure gold! :laugh:

Hah thanks. These facial expressions are among the best Lego has done so far and will be quite useful in MOCs.

4 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I would but I don’t have any of the minifigures from series 18 yet  :cry_sad: Hopefully I’ll find some today.

Good luck with the search! :excited:

10 hours ago, just_one said:

any truth to this?

5 in from the back left. It’s also incredibly easy to feel for if they dump the box.  Ignore fatter bags and focus on the 1x2 tile and plate.

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Good luck with the search! :excited:

Thanks but all I found was more Batman stuff..... so I ended up buying a kai Spinjitzu spinner set mostly for the interesting parts .

I am curious has anyone found a good (green) head to put on the cactus, to make look more like a monster (like from Final Fantasy). 

The problem with cactus-monsters is that there are very few standard green heads. Unless you're willing to go a shade off with Bright Green, you'll be stuck with the decidedly non-monstrous Toy Story Army Man heads.

Edited by 8BrickMario

What an incredible series!

Before this, I'd want 3-4 minifigs from each, and thanks to friendly stores could always get them.

This is the first time I'll collect a whole set.  The animals and costumes are great!  And the birthday party figs come with such great new parts, they all are desirable!

I wonder how much the prices will spike on the old animal costume minifigs now?  The set has become a lot bigger!

I managed to get my Cacti, my Dragons, and an Elephant yesterday, with a little help from my good friend.  So thanks to him for that!  Also got the Clown a few days ago.  Not sure what um going to do with the minifigure, just wanted his balloons.

So happy to have them.  The Dragon looks so good, and even better using the spare Orca head I have.