Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

15 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

How about some vignettes utilizing just the new expressions?

Great use of the S18 heads! :thumbup: I'm looking forwards to LEGO's official drugs bust set complete with minifigures of pushers and junkies. :tongue: 

3 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

These new expressions are great. Finished off my set today, these were worth the wait. However, I am pretty bummed that we're looking at year before another regular set.

IKR?

It's hard to believe but with HP confirmed and the TLM Sequel on its way, it seems May 2019 is the closest spot available

I HOPE the may and september releases next year will be series 19 and series 20 :sad:

2 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Great use of the S18 heads! :thumbup: I'm looking forwards to LEGO's official drugs bust set complete with minifigures of pushers and junkies. :tongue: 

That would be funny to see as an adult targeted set, somehow bombs/explosives, robbing, wine bottles, and high speed chases are okay for Lego to make for little kids but go a little more then that strictly off limits lol 

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

IKR?

It's hard to believe but with HP confirmed and the TLM Sequel on its way, it seems May 2019 is the closest spot available

I HOPE the may and september releases next year will be series 19 and series 20 :sad:

I hope so too, wish we got more regular series. Was there that much demand for a series two batman? disco versions could of been in joker manor, rest of the villains and Justice League could of been in two to three sets and the beach versions weren't needed. Not a fan of HP but is there that many characters that an entire CMF series is needed? 

On 4/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, AmperZand said:

Thanks! I love your scenes with the new figures as well. The plants are terrifying, Joker is quite funny and the historical one is pure fantasy fun.

Edited by koalayummies

Harry Potter has enough characters and variations that you could do a couple of CMF lines.

If LEGO is so set on doing licensed CMFs then perhaps they need to add a fourth CMF slot to the year, so those that aren't into licensed themes don't have to go a year between sets.

21 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

That would be funny to see as an adult targeted set, somehow bombs/explosives, robbing, wine bottles, and high speed chases are okay for Lego to make for little kids but go a little more then that strictly off limits lol 

I hope so too, wish we got more regular series. Was there that much demand for a series two batman? disco versions could of been in joker manor, rest of the villains and Justice League could of been in two to three sets and the beach versions weren't needed. Not a fan of HP but is there that many characters that an entire CMF series is needed? 

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

How about some vignettes utilizing just the new expressions?

Sweet! Those are, at least for me, one of the better things to come out of this series! :thumbup: :classic:

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

However, I am pretty bummed that we're looking at year before another regular set.

Ditto. :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That is, only if The Billion Brick Race is going to be moved upwards towards sometime in 2020, which is looking to be more of a possibility given that we haven't heard of any replacement director for the film yet. :look:

Yeah yeah, happy birthday, or anniversary. Now why is there only one of you per box!? :cry_sad:

27395051218_224cebe806_c.jpg

And the last of 'utilizing the new faces':

The sound of his own voice:

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, uhhhh this is your captain speaking from the tarmac, uhhhhh, it appears our plane doesn't work so we'll have to walk back to the terminal, uhhhh with the current headwind we're looking at about a nine-and-a-half-minute walk, uhhh and if you look out the left side of the tarmac you'll see other travelers going about their trips without incident uhhhh...."

27395051248_3abbde69ac_c.jpg

The creepy flirtatious bartender:

"Hey baby, how 'bout I pour you a special drink?" :wink wink:

27395051258_b52f63d4b4_c.jpg

Something else explosive:

"Yeah, I don't want to use that bathroom!"

27395051288_1de856450c_c.jpg

6 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Harry Potter has enough characters and variations that you could do a couple of CMF lines.

I will not be surprised if we get 4 series of HP/FB the next years, one series before every new FB movie :tongue:

We will know more when we see pictures of the first one, if that mostly have figs from movie 1-2 then is rather safe to assume that more are coming in the future.. I am glad we get HP, but sad that there are so few normal series now :wacko:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I will not be surprised if we get 4 series of HP/FB the next years, one series before every new FB movie :tongue:

We will know more when we see pictures of the first one, if that mostly have figs from movie 1-2 then is rather safe to assume that more are coming in the future.. I am glad we get HP, but sad that there are so few normal series now :wacko:

I definitely have the feeling that LEGO has designs on multiple Harry Potter CMF waves.

6 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Yeah yeah, happy birthday, or anniversary. Now why is there only one of you per box!?

It's really cool to see both the minifigure and his microfigure together there! :classic:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I am glad we get HP, but sad that there are so few normal series now :wacko:

If we do see additional follow-up CMSs to this year's HP series in future years, I hope at least we'll gain plenty of useful flesh tone heads/expressions plus period setting based torso designs from FB characters. As long as we get at least one "regular" CMS a year (that isn't Series 18), very well. :def_shrug:

Has anyone noticed that on S@H they are listed in the U.S. as "Sold out" they have only been officially released for 6 days?! I haven't collected the past few series because of the cost, but this one changed my mind. Does it usually come back into stock?

-RailCo

1 hour ago, Rail Co said:

Has anyone noticed that on S@H they are listed in the U.S. as "Sold out" they have only been officially released for 6 days?! I haven't collected the past few series because of the cost, but this one changed my mind. Does it usually come back into stock?

I saw comments on facebook about it. It seems this series is one of the most popular series yet!

They should be back into stock soon. Good luck :classic:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I saw comments on facebook about it. It seems this series is one of the most popular series yet!

So, possibly the most popular "regular" CMS yet just happens to be the one almost completely made up of costumed CMFs. Great, this just could mean Series 19 will be Costume Party 2.0, or that at least half of that series will be costumed characters. :ugh:

It may be a case of inflation, with more and more people following LEGO on Facebook over time.

21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, possibly the most popular "regular" CMS yet just happens to be the one almost completely made up of costumed CMFs. Great, this just could mean Series 19 will be Costume Party 2.0, or that at least half of that series will be costumed characters. :ugh:

Let's hope so!

2 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Let's hope so!

While I enjoy costume figures, if they see the success of series 18 and decide to start doing mostly costume CMF's in what few regular series it would be kinda disappointing to see. I think the normal 2-3 per they've been doing is fine as it is. 

2 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Let's hope so!

But, but, think of all the poor starving historical/sci-fi/fantasy fans who are homeless without a theme! Haven't the Furries and Cosplayers had their fill yet? :cry_sad:

On 4/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, Nexogeek said:

Not a fan of HP but is there that many characters that an entire CMF series is needed? 

I'm not a particular fan of the Wizarding World either, but I know enough about it to know they could easily devote multiple Minifigures series to it if they wanted. The same is true for lots of LEGO licenses, actually - Marvel, DC, Middle-Earth, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Simpsons, Doctor Who, and more all have enough characters to support multiple runs of blind-bagged minifigures. Just be glad most of them are likely either judged not popular enough to sell as well as LEGO would like (well enough to be profitable, surely, just not enough to be as profitable as they want), or have action figure licenses with other toymakers that prevent LEGO from offering individual figures, even if they have to be assembled.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:14 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I think that given how far out some of these are planned, they're not going to do that soon; they also surely do want to have more "regular" series again (mixes of costumes, historical, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, sports and rec, ordinary day-to-day life, etc.). I'm confident Series 19 will be along those general lines, like 1-13 and 15-17.

8 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Let's hope so!

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I think that given how far out some of these are planned, they're not going to do that soon; they also surely do want to have more "regular" series again (mixes of costumes, historical, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, sports and rec, ordinary day-to-day life, etc.). I'm confident Series 19 will be along those general lines, like 1-13 and 15-17.

I'm not fearing Series 19 will be an all-out sequel to Series 18 by any means, as that former concern was more of a hyperbolic joke. But, I am somewhat concerned that S18's potential popularity may mean that the next CMS will be even more saturated with costumed CMFs, unlike any previous non-themed series before it. :sad:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not fearing Series 19 will be an all-out sequel to Series 18 by any means, as that former concern was more of a hyperbolic joke. But, I am somewhat concerned that S18's potential popularity may mean that the next CMS will be even more saturated with costumed CMFs, unlike any previous non-themed series before it. :sad:

If you're buying only those that interest you, though, then doesn't it just make it easier on you if fewer figures interest you?

(There's no hope for me, since I try to get at least one of each anyway...)

2 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

If you're buying only those that interest you, though, then doesn't it just make it easier on you if fewer figures interest you?

Well, for every series, there's usually only one or two CMFs that I really want. As for the others I'm not interested in, I still think they're great to have, it's only those costumed characters that I don't get. I'm sorry, but I think they are just pointless filler that could be filled in by some other useful City/Historical/Sci-fi/Fantasy archetype. To me, costumed character CMFs are like gag gifts, like a whoopie cushion or a hand buzzer.