Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Although Brickseek showed zero results in my area at Walmart, I still made a hopeful run early today.  Nothing to be found so I asked a drowsy employee for help. He returned with an orange end cap display from the stock room.  Apparently there are 2 boxes worth per display. Of course, only 2 figs were missing. You can guess who. As for those suggesting the use of bump codes for faster perusing, caution as I found 2 distinctly different bump patterns despite looking at 10 spider boys, and same for the cat suit and elephant figs.  Although, possibly not new info to those collecting for some time.

Minifigure expressions keep getting better and better! The females steal the show. Brown eyebrows are excellent as well. So pretty and fun.

40463512304_37ac1aa943_c.jpg

College fraternity-style birthday:

40463512294_320697ddcc_c.jpg

I have a feeling that once enough of these figures are around, the policeman will be easier to get on the secondary market... My hunch is that speculators are oberestimating the demand and appeal of the figure. The policeman, I'd say, is pretty niche. It looks too basic next to the other figures, and there are more aesthetically pleasant policemen these days. I'd say the appeal is mostly for people nostalgic for the old designs.

I managed to get mine today. I'm hoping to find another one eventually for display. But I really expect it to become easier to find once the prices drop and resellers have less incentive to"swoop" them.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:17 PM, koalayummies said:

Edit: found them all. First series ever getting all of the figures so here's a mini-review. Going for shortest CMF review. 

Series 18 CMF/CMS review:

Everything is awesome except the figure with one per box. That figure is the worst in the Minifigure Series ever. Every other figure is most excellent.

/review.

I like that kind of review!   :head_back:

Lol, its short and sweet.

For those who don't have a Lego store nearby it appears Brickseek's accuracy has gone down the toilet and can no longer be trusted.:hmpf_bad:

One of my Walmart stores listed as not having any in stock on brickseek's busted site got a whole box and it was out on shelves in the Lego aisle. The UPC on brickseek is accurate so something isn't working as intended. Also asking a very nice employee at the store to look up the item returned errors, they said it was weird as they couldn't check stock on other stores for this particular item as well and showed none in stock at their own location or online (but its in their system) despite them being on the shelf! So if you're still looking for these I suggest making a visit as this inventory checker is broken and Walmart's own system is having issues with this item.

Brickseek said one of the local Wally Worlds had 'em, and so they did. They had a case up on a shelf, and not loose figures in a bin. I can confirm the location data on the Classic Police Officer is correct. Time only allowed me to grab a handful of figures, so I'll probably end up going back.

You knew this was coming:

DSCF2196.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

I am starting to wonder if the anyone else has trouble connecting the mouse to a mini figure's hand. I tried it and the darn thing did didn't even want to (or even want to stay on). 

36 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I am starting to wonder if the anyone else has trouble connecting the mouse to a mini figure's hand. I tried it and the darn thing did didn't even want to (or even want to stay on). 

CMF hands have to be loosened a little to connect studs on top of them. Putting a bar in their hands first might help. 

2 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

CMF hands have to be loosened a little to connect studs on top of them. Putting a bar in their hands first might help. 

I tried to put a plate on the hands to loosened them up but that didn't seemed to help. I then looked at the mouse a little better and it looks like it doesn't even cover the top of studs completely. 

Of the two anti-studs under the mouse the one near the mouse's butt can only hold well if its facing somewhat forward in the minifigure's hand. As you spin the mouse in the figure's hand it doesn't grab once it goes to 90 degrees from the hand opening due to the lack of full stud coverage and opening of the hand. The front stud holds a bit better.

Also CMF/CMS tend to have slightly varying tolerances compared to regular set figures (like with the frequent talk of looser arms, legs and head-accessory fitment for example) and the hands also seem a bit tighter in that they're just a hair larger than other figures. I tried putting the mouse on a non-CMF hand (Women of Nasa Margaret Hamilton) and it fit without effort, immediate fitment but attaching the mouse to the elephant girl's hand is more challenging.

Getting the fossil piece onto the Series 13 Paleontologist's hand was just as difficult.

I picked up a few of these last night at Target.  Very impressed.  Still have to get my hands on some Dragons, though.

I love this series, so much that it's the first one that I set out to collect.

But I have a problem.  I just bought 3 packs from a Walmart in Ohio.  All three were severely lacking pieces.  Spider boy did not have an orange base or legs.  I got party girl and cake boy, they had the wrong color legs, missing balloon (and cake, respectively), and a few other missing pieces.

Has anyone else experienced problems with this series in regards to packs missing pieces? 

I contacted Lego about this, and they are going to replace the problem packs. So all is well as far as I'm concerned.  Just curious what others are finding.

Picked up one yesterday, the firework guy. For sure one I want to try and pick up more of to make a firework store. Hope to pick up a decent amount of the rest Want to get a few of the clown, both birthday part kids, the race car driver, elephant girl and flower girl, Ones i'd like to pick up at least one of Cat costume, unicorn knight, both brick suits, cowboy, cake guy, cactus girl, and possibly the dragon. Of course how ever many police officers i'm able to find would be nice for the 1x2 tile

20 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

You knew this was coming:

No, I didn't! They're very cool. I especially like the first one. I had the same idea but for the dragon suit guy. Here he is along with a few other MOCed minifigures from this series, some re-used S18 parts and a few related minifigures:

s18_cmf_fantasy_mocs.jpg

s18_cmf_carnivorous_plants_mocs.jpg

s18_cmf_super_hero_mocs.jpg

I hated this series when it first leaked, but I finally got around to sorting my box and opening a set.  Having them in person, this is an incredibly strong series with a ton of useful parts (if you’re into that) and the distribution is pretty good for the more desirable figs. Couple of stinkers that my wife and I don’t care for (brick suits, cake) but overall this ended up a solid wave. Can’t wait to finish the year with HP up next!

18 hours ago, AmperZand said:

No, I didn't! They're very cool. I especially like the first one. I had the same idea but for the dragon suit guy. Here he is along with a few other MOCed minifigures from this series, some re-used S18 parts and a few related minifigures:

*pic snip*

Yeah, I was gonna do the Dragon Suit once I got my paws on him. That stump monster (or does he count as treefolk?) is great. Gonna have to BL some parts for that, methinks.

These are always hard to get your hands on. I've called 3 targets and I got "Are they Batman?" "Star Wars?" "Uhh they'd all be in the check lanes if we had them". Having a few items fall under the same UPC or DPCI number really makes its messy and hard to track down these figures. It's just frustrating. I'm prob gonna head to the Lego store soon...

How about some vignettes utilizing just the new expressions?

Breaching the drug den:

"FREEZE!"

40549212624_e3dac12110_c.jpg

Incoming trauma patients:

::GULP::

40549212634_1721424b89_c.jpg

Diffuse the bomb now!

:AHHHHH:

40549212674_c9fa6733ec_c.jpg

These new expressions are great. Finished off my set today, these were worth the wait. However, I am pretty bummed that we're looking at year before another regular set.