Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Like a repossession agent coming to collect a car that payments were missed on. They have a fairly significant debt to Lego (along with a number of other toymakers) so its not unwise to pull the newest product as any profits made during this liquidation probably won't go to paying off suppliers that loaned product to them but rather back into the hands of the real debtors, the private equity bloodsuckers that put them in this position in the first place.

I'm curious as to what LEGO will do with almost 800 stores worth of Spring 2018 product. I don't suspect Wal-Mart or Target will need it, and that some of it it, at least, will go into LEGO stores.

22 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm curious as to what LEGO will do with almost 800 stores worth of Spring 2018 product. I don't suspect Wal-Mart or Target will need it, and that some of it it, at least, will go into LEGO stores.

Send them to my house!   :head_back:

Got a set of these in the UK too. Some glorious figures. Was surprised at the spider suit, race car guy and cat costume - didn't expect to like those.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Darn it, I just realized Target will be closed the Sunday these figures are released, which means I cannot go on release day! Does anyone know if it might be likely for Walmart to have them on April 1st?

You can check that brickseek website, if it shows your wally world store having them in stock on April 1 then you shouldn't worry about a wasted trip. Its been accurate for me and if they're not out on the shelf take the SKU and UPC from that brickseek thing and ask an employee about the item.

Edited by koalayummies

Just now, koalayummies said:

You can check that brickseek website, if it shows your wally world store having them in stock on April 1 then you shouldn't worry about a wasted trip. Its been accurate for me and if they're not out on the shelf take the SKU and UPC from that brickseek thing and ask an employee about the item.

Thanks for the advice. Sadly my local Wally worlds have no stock according to Brickseek. Oh well!

Just now, BrickHat said:

Thanks for the advice. Sadly my local Wally worlds have no stock according to Brickseek. Oh well!

Keep checking, like check again on Sunday. That site seems pretty accurate and new product is added to each stores database frequently and at odd hours. Also that was the fastest response ever.

Just now, koalayummies said:

Keep checking, like check again on Sunday. That site seems pretty accurate and new product is added to each stores database frequently and at odd hours. Also that was the fastest response ever.

Ditto, my friend. And will do. Wish me luck! :sweet:

3 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Some Wal-Marts don't carry Lego CMFs at all.

Having observed Brickseek slavishly these past few days, I am of the opinion that these are just starting to filter through the Wal-Mart distribution chain. Anyone that has shopped the big W knows that street dates are a rather loose guide. I have experienced both finding CMFs early and seeing them weeks after street date, long after I'd purchased them at other retailers.

So today I found these at a Target, but someone had already gotten the police officer, and they had no extra boxes at the back, grrrr! I got myself a couple of extras for display since I still don't have the budget to get the full set I intend to get. Will likely be checking local stores this weekend for the policeman.

Watching the review on Jangbricks today, I was quite surprised and disappointed about the police man being very limited. Personally I don't have any nostalgic feeling towards him but granted the prices for him will skyrocket, which is really a shame. Its a really good series actually with a lot of interesting parts and figures and I can see the appeal for newbies or impulse buyers - it doesn't needs to artificially create rarity.

So much for my previous information... my friend found some at a Toys-R-Us today and I found some at the Toys-R-Us that told me they wouldn't be getting any. 

15 hours ago, MicroJow said:

So much for my previous information... my friend found some at a Toys-R-Us today and I found some at the Toys-R-Us that told me they wouldn't be getting any. 

Yep just came back from one. That store got two boxes in yesterday and put them out right away. They said one woman was looking through them for an hour :head_back: and was after the police figure (quick check ebay for $50+ minifigures :sick:). There were six figures left when I arrived. Out of curiosity I had them scan and check the stock and there were supposed to be thirteen left so they figured someone must have walked off with seven as the box never left the customer service counter.

Got (1 each): elephant, flower, dragon, unicorn, red brick, blue brick. This is hands down the easiest series to feel for. I think it would take less than 10 minutes for a whole box.

Elephant mask, mouse, dragon and unicorn tails are all dual-molded and the tails are rubbery/flexible :grin:. The elephant skirt fits a lot better than other versions of the ballerina piece I've had. All in all very awesome figures.

They also got a brand new box of the first Batman Movie series. :snicker:

39 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Yep just came back from one. That store got two boxes in yesterday and put them out right away. They said one woman was looking through them for an hour :head_back: and was after the police figure (quick check ebay for $50+ minifigures :sick:). There were six figures left when I arrived. Out of curiosity I had them scan and check the stock and there were supposed to be thirteen left so they figured someone must have walked off with seven as the box never left the customer service counter.

Got (1 each): elephant, flower, dragon, unicorn, red brick, blue brick. This is hands down the easiest series to feel for. I think it would take less than 10 minutes for a whole box.

Elephant mask, mouse, dragon and unicorn tails are all dual-molded and the tails are rubbery/flexible :grin:. The elephant skirt fits a lot better than other versions of the ballerina piece I've had. All in all very awesome figures.

They also got a brand new box of the first Batman Movie series. :snicker:

Agree on the ‘easy to feel’ thing. Found a police officer today, and once you do find that bag it’s pretty obvious too, as it’s way less bulky than the others.

On 3/28/2018 at 8:22 PM, BrickHat said:

Darn it, I just realized Target will be closed the Sunday these figures are released, which means I cannot go on release day! Does anyone know if it might be likely for Walmart to have them on April 1st?

I got some from my local Walmart. My guess it was about a box worth put out. (They where just put out in a bin with the other Batman mini-figures series.) 

I thought this video would interest many of you guys here. But I DO really hope anyone doesn't use this trick to get a lot of Classic Cops to sell them on ebay... 

The Wal-marts and Target in the area all put them into bins or end cap racks, so it's gonna be by-feel there. Five Below and HEB put out cases, but who can say when they'll put them out. Especially HEB, who are sitting on mountains of Ninjago CMFs.

Brickseek says that only three stores in the general vicinity even have them in the computer, and none of those have stock, so I guess I'm sitting on my hands until at least Monday. Best of luck, classic police hunters.

Edited by K_Tiger

Edit: found them all. First series ever getting all of the figures so here's a mini-review. Going for shortest CMF review. 

Series 18 CMF/CMS review:

Everything is awesome except the figure with one per box. That figure is the worst in the Minifigure Series ever. Every other figure is most excellent.

/review.

Edited by koalayummies