Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Someone on Reddit found them in Calgary. I'm tempted to see if Toys R Us has them in the back.

I am too since my local Walmart has about six cases of the Batman series 2 figs  :facepalm:  :cry3::wall:  I doubt they’ll have any out till may .

21 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Someone on Reddit found them in Calgary. I'm tempted to see if Toys R Us has them in the back.

Was it you that posted that SKU store inventory look up thing in the Series 17 thread? Someone posted a way to check inventory like that (for stores like Target and Walmart) back for the corncob guy series and some were able to find them out on the shelves a few days prior to 'street date' IIRC.

TRU probably isn't the best place right now though as their shelves are getting picked clean with the news of impending liquidation but they are having some decent sales on Lego sets. At least my local stores all look pretty wrecked right now.

I might have. I do recall using a number at TrU back when S.17 was coming, and managed to get them early. Brickseek still doesn't have them as being in Wal-Mart's system, and Target's dcpi remains unchanged, so there won't be any way to know until people start actually seeing them in stores. Over on 4chan, someone claiming to be an employee said LEGO is pulling their stuff from the stores, so it may be no dice for S.18 there. Mine wasn't one of the initial ~182 closing, so it looks like business as usual right now.

They are in stores In Hungary since last Tuesday.

I asked an employee to check the DPI number at Target this morning since the regular price scanners have stopped telling whether there are any more in the back or not. He punched the number into his handheld scanner and it said there were some, but they are street-dated April 1st. So I guess that info is on their scanner screens now. Ah, well. What's another week and a day?

Picked up a good handful or two today at my local indy.

They look fantastic and unbeknownst to the kids, they'll be hidden inside eggs for the family Easter hunt next week.

Edited by Lucarex

14 hours ago, MicroJow said:

I asked an employee to check the DPI number at Target this morning since the regular price scanners have stopped telling whether there are any more in the back or not. He punched the number into his handheld scanner and it said there were some, but they are street-dated April 1st. So I guess that info is on their scanner screens now. Ah, well. What's another week and a day?

They nerfed the price-cum-inventory scanners? I had been wondering why those had suddenly become useless. Brickseek says there are figures in stock, but I didn't see hide nor hair of any. Target's scanner said they had some on CL10 (checkout lane, perhaps), but no LEGO to be seen up there that wasn't a polybag. Guess I'll see them when I see them.

On 3/19/2018 at 1:23 PM, K_Tiger said:

I might have. I do recall using a number at TrU back when S.17 was coming, and managed to get them early. Brickseek still doesn't have them as being in Wal-Mart's system, and Target's dcpi remains unchanged, so there won't be any way to know until people start actually seeing them in stores. Over on 4chan, someone claiming to be an employee said LEGO is pulling their stuff from the stores, so it may be no dice for S.18 there. Mine wasn't one of the initial ~182 closing, so it looks like business as usual right now.

Brickseek shows them in wally world's system now under 'minifigures confidential 2018 71021', got the picture up too. No MSRP listed and not seeing any in stock but they might be near you.

The only time I've ever found CMF at Target they were nowhere I would have ever expected, the only way it could have been more random was if they were by the toilet bowl cleaner or car batteries.

Yeah, I saw they were in the Wal-Mart system, but no dice being available anywhere nearby. I know that Target puts polybags over in the seasonal section on occasion, but I didn't see any CMFs.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the spoting order for me will be Target, Five Below and then Walmart. I heard a rumor that there is a list of date-sensitive product LEGO wants back, so who knows if Toys R Us will carry them.

Edited by K_Tiger

Every Wal-Mart in Gainesville, FL carries just about every blind bag except Lego CMF! I haven't checked to see if the local Toys 'R Us is closing, but Target has always had better Lego pricing. The last time I saw CMFs there was near the registers. At the time it was Ninjago and Batman series 2.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Classic Policeman is already selling for $42 on ebay and such

The former CEOs of Enron, Worldcom, Global Crossing and Tyco just said "wow, that's _______ greedy!"

One local store broke street date by at least a week, I ordered a box a few minutes ago. Will save the stress next week to get to the store right on opening time, especially as I have a late finish the night before.

9 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

One local store broke street date by at least a week, I ordered a box a few minutes ago. Will save the stress next week to get to the store right on opening time, especially as I have a late finish the night before.

How were you able to know? Anyone have any tips to get the chance to feel a fresh box? I'm just trying to score a policeman and will likely eBay the rest of the figures.

Found an empty box worth at Fred Meyers. The CMF sometimes hits that chain first around here. 

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

How were you able to know? Anyone have any tips to get the chance to feel a fresh box? I'm just trying to score a policeman and will likely eBay the rest of the figures.

Someone in a Facebook group posted a set [minus the policeman] for sale, so I checked a store website, figuring they would most likely be the source. They had nothing up when i checked a couple of days ago.

2 hours ago, HawkLord said:

Found an empty box worth at Fred Meyers. The CMF sometimes hits that chain first around here. 

What state? I might go check mine just in case. Half a mile away. :laugh:

35 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Someone in a Facebook group posted a set [minus the policeman] for sale, so I checked a store website, figuring they would most likely be the source. They had nothing up when i checked a couple of days ago.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Killian said:

Picked up the Cat Girl and the Cowboy from a toy store in the UK yesterday. 

Mind if I ask which toy store? :classic:

Got a set of these in the UK too. Some glorious figures. Was surprised at the spider suit, race car guy and cat costume - didn't expect to like those.

My local Toys-R-Us has confirmed that they will not be receiving any new product and that Lego has been removing certain sets from their shelves.

Edited by MicroJow