Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Distribution isn't terrible, though I foresee tossing aside a lot of brick suits.

Edited by K_Tiger

On 3/6/2018 at 5:30 AM, x105Black said:

I'm surprised to see the Clown and Police Officer that high (although there's a nostalgia collectible factor for the officer that probably makes it rank higher than it ordinarily would), and the Cake that low.

I think the draw of the clown is those balloon animal parts.The Police Officer is the nostalgic homage. I’m more surprised at the Cactus Suit fig being that high? It’s a vaguely interesting costume for a straight up CMF’s collector. But is completely worthless for MOCers and other AFOL types unless you are making a Final Fantasy diorama. 

35 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

I think the draw of the clown is those balloon animal parts.The Police Officer is the nostalgic homage. I’m more surprised at the Cactus Suit fig being that high? It’s a vaguely interesting costume for a straight up CMF’s collector. But is completely worthless for MOCers and other AFOL types unless you are making a Final Fantasy diorama. 

Fair enough, I want those balloons too.  But the Cactus is great, and may work well as an actual cactus.

Maybe someone had already pointed this out, but I just realized the Race Car guy has Rocket Racer's logo on his chest! It's nice to see them pay homage to him; I had always thought they had forgotten about RR. Here's hoping we'll see him in physical form, some day...

IMG_20180309_180433.jpg?w=900

HHKi3Bq.jpg

6 hours ago, Faefrost said:

I’m more surprised at the Cactus Suit fig being that high? It’s a vaguely interesting costume for a straight up CMF’s collector. But is completely worthless for MOCers and other AFOL types unless you are making a Final Fantasy diorama. 

I actually like her. I think it's my favorite plant costume so far

So, after reading the reviews, it seems this series has a whooping amount of new moulds: 22!!!

1. Spider Mask

2. Spider Costume

3. Car "costume"

4. Flower mask

5. Pot

6. Dragon mask

7. Dragon Tail

8. Balloon

9. Boy hairpiece

10. 2x2 hollow brick

11. Pigtails hairpiece

12. Elephant mask

13. Mouse

14. Fireworks rocket guy

15. Horse piece

16. Cat mask

17. Animal balloon

18. Brick costume

19. Black hairpiece with hole

20. Cake piece

21. Cactus mask

22. Arm cactus piece

18 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Maybe someone had already pointed this out, but I just realized the Race Car guy has Rocket Racer's logo on his chest! It's nice to see them pay homage to him; I had always thought they had forgotten about RR. Here's hoping we'll see him in physical form, some day...

His logo was referenced in last year's Ninjago City set as well. Just because Lego has come a long way since those days doesn't mean they've forgotten their roots...

Looking at those reviews, I've gotta say I LOVE the cowboy and horse costume. The miniaturization of the Lego horse design is done really effectively.

I can't wait to swap one of my many Joker heads on to the new clown. Also after looking at the reviews, I'm interested in more figs than I was originally. 

1 minute ago, AquaSazers said:

I can't wait to swap one of my many Joker heads on to the new clown. Also after looking at the reviews, I'm interested in more figs than I was originally. 

I think the Party Clown can be used to make MOCs from Batman the Animated Series from the episode Be a Clown, when the Joker wears a party clown disguise

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think the Party Clown can be used to make MOCs from Batman the Animated Series from the episode Be a Clown, when the Joker wears a party clown disguise

You and I are on the same page, my friend.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

He could also be good for the Batman Beyond story 10,000 Clowns.

I just want those balloons.  There are some nice pieces like that in this series, like every series, pieces that are better than the whole minifigure.

9 hours ago, Steampunk Sheriff said:

Man Spider custom?

Do you mean the spiderman one? I hoped for a brown spider to make him, but nevertheless i will make some spiderman character out of it. I will use the arms from the outriders to do so. Maybe the torso and head will look good under that cool spider headpiece as well. 

Now if only they release that neckbrace with arms from the outriders in red (and the arms in brown and flesh) we can make a decent man spider and doppleganger. 

On 15/03/2018 at 1:23 AM, Borex said:

Do you mean the spiderman one? I hoped for a brown spider to make him, but nevertheless i will make some spiderman character out of it. I will use the arms from the outriders to do so. Maybe the torso and head will look good under that cool spider headpiece as well. 

Now if only they release that neckbrace with arms from the outriders in red (and the arms in brown and flesh) we can make a decent man spider and doppleganger. 

Doppelganger would be awesome! I think Man Spider is closer to black than brown. At least from what i remember from way back in the 90s. Chima had a decent spider head in brown tho

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

I'm really eying the spider mold, pretty awesome if combined with one of the Chima molds.

@Steampunk Sheriff Where did you get that torso on your avatar?

Looks like Echo Zane's head and torso.

Someone on Reddit found them in Calgary. I'm tempted to see if Toys R Us has them in the back.

Edited by K_Tiger