Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

he can really jump out of it? Well the cake guy got a lot better as of now.  Maybe i will buy this one as well and a bootleg lego stripper to go with it. 

What pieces fit in those hairmould holes? The party hat, a crown, what else? 

That leg printing :oh: I've never seen anything like that before on a LEGO minifigure

Thanks for pic!

The leg printing isn't far off from this:

970c00pb097.png

It just has more on the toes.

I love the cake, and will probably be getting at least 1 of these guys for the cake mold.

3 hours ago, Borex said:

What pieces fit in those hairmould holes? The party hat, a crown, what else? 

I believe the bows for hairpieces in the Friends line, the bows for Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse in the Disney minifigures, and the hat for Red Harrington in one of the Lone Ranger sets all use that pin attachment, but I could be wrong as I don't have any of them. There may well be others that I missed. Those are just the ones I know of off the top of my head - pun intended :classic: .

5 hours ago, Borex said:

he can really jump out of it? Well the cake guy got a lot better as of now.  Maybe i will buy this one as well and a bootleg lego stripper to go with it. 

Just get that Lego Batman with the dolphin from the CMF and give him a bowtie and a different head and hair and you're done ;)

2 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I believe the bows for hairpieces in the Friends line, the bows for Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse in the Disney minifigures, and the hat for Red Harrington in one of the Lone Ranger sets all use that pin attachment, but I could be wrong as I don't have any of them. There may well be others that I missed. Those are just the ones I know of off the top of my head - pun intended :classic: .

Oh yeah, the Disney figs! Donald Duck's hat for a custom sailor.

24 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Just get that Lego Batman with the dolphin from the CMF and give him a bowtie and a different head and hair and you're done ;)

Lol. That would work real good. The only thing is that i'd like to see pop up a girl from that cake ;-)

Edit: i can always use Ariel or Princess Leia (Slave) too, of course. Or for the yellows a mermaid torso.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That leg printing :oh: I've never seen anything like that before on a LEGO minifigure

Thanks for pic!

Actually i think the pink is meant to be the cake. So the blue are the trousers beneath it.

Edited by Borex

20 minutes ago, Borex said:

Lol. That would work real good. The only thing is that i'd like to see pop up a girl from that cake ;-)

Edit: i can always use Ariel or Princess Leia (Slave) too, of course. Or for the yellows a mermaid torso.

I'm sure you'll find sth! Show us when you're done!

50 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

any release date for this serie?:look:

April 1, but it's fairly likely some stores will break street date and will put them out in March.

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

I'm totally buying the cop and keeping him sealed in the packet, my first investment set.

It looks like some people already did that with the original figure from set 600. Bricklink says there were two sealed sets sold in January, but now there are none to be found. :sing: Too bad, looks like I missed my chance to own a little piece of Lego history.

4 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Called it. One per box was a terrible idea Lego.

No where near as bad as Mr Gold if I'm being honest.

32 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

It looks like some people already did that with the original figure from set 600. Bricklink says there were two sealed sets sold in January, but now there are none to be found. :sing: Too bad, looks like I missed my chance to own a little piece of Lego history.

I will feel bad keeping him sealed but I will also find it hard to open it :cry_sad::wacko:

4 minutes ago, x105Black said:

It's the least desirable minifigure in the series for many, so 1 per box is OK with me.

I'll have yours then :wink:

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

It's the least desirable minifigure in the series for many, so 1 per box is OK with me.

True, it is pretty 'meh' and seemingly for the collectors. Like the 60th anniversary House, Windmill and Truck only not as poorly priced.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

No where near as bad as Mr Gold if I'm being honest.

Yeah and that figure is way less appealing so the aftermarket around that makes even less sense.

6 hours ago, koalayummies said:

True, it is pretty 'meh' and seemingly for the collectors. Like the 60th anniversary House, Windmill and Truck only not as poorly priced.

Yeah and that figure is way less appealing so the aftermarket around that makes even less sense.

I agree. I understand "oooooh shiny", but Mr. Gold lacks significance to be sold at the prices it got to. I think it was just a bubble and now that they are scarce they will never be going down.

Anyways, I agree that it's better to get at least one per box. I think that's what they should do with any chase figures going forward.

On 2/20/2018 at 7:12 AM, K_Tiger said:

We don't know, but seeing as that it appears that the Flower Girl has legs, there's a fair chance Cake-jumper has a set of legs.

JIsrael saw that he does and has leg printing. I love it. That cake piece is amazing. I wish he was carrying the cake top to cover up the care. But LEGO & cake are my 2 favorite things.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*Snip*

Thanks Rob! I am so glad to see this. I had been hoping for anti studs.

Not sure if people have pointed this out before, but the arms seem to be coming out from the suit piece, not the torso. If I'm wrong, can anyone explain to me why the arm socket looks so weird? If I am right, I really wonder if the torso and suit are a single piece, since I doubt there would be space for the pins that hold the arm in between the suit and the torso.

Edited by BrickHat

21 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Thanks Rob! I am so glad to see this. I had been hoping for anti studs.

Not sure if people have pointed this out before, but the arms seem to be coming out from the suit piece, not the torso. If I'm wrong, can anyone explain to me why the arm socket looks so weird? If I am right, I really wonder if the torso and suit are a single piece, since I doubt there would be space for the pins that hold the arm in between the suit and the torso.

LEGO wouldn't sell an armless torso, so the whole piece is either specially molded or fused together like Axl's body. As is, there's no removing the suit.