Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

To the first point: Ugh.

To the second point, interesting I suppose.  Unexpected.

To the first point: I concur.

To the second point, I concur.

Edited by J4ck

6 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Has that been confirmed or were the two parts stuck together just for the demo versions at the Toy Fair to stop the balloons from going missing?

The post says: 

The orange balloon is a standout, though sadly glued together which will make them easier to find.

So, I think it's actually molded together 

10 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Party Clown: I really wanted to love this figure, as all of the previous clowns have been great, but no. Nothing really works for me here. The colors really don't work together for me, and I think if he had full white face makeup, that would have worked better, since his yellow skin is causing some of the clash for me

Agree about the face. The eyes look weird. They almost look like human eyes because of the make-up

15 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Has that been confirmed or were the two parts stuck together just for the demo versions at the Toy Fair to stop the balloons from going missing?

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The post says: 

"The orange balloon is a standout, though sadly glued together which will make them easier to find."

So, I think it's actually molded together 

Perhaps. On the other hand, based on the piece counts for the two CMFs with tethered balloons on Brickset, the two parts are separate. So either the Brothers Brick are mistaken or Brickset is. 

11 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Perhaps. On the other hand, based on the piece counts for the two CMFs with tethered balloons on Brickset, the two parts are separate. So either the Brothers Brick are mistaken or Brickset is. 

Hmmm no

Birthday Party Boy (9 pieces)

1. Hairpiece

2. Head

3. Torso

4. Short legs

5. 2x2 box

6. 2x2 tile

7. 1x1tile with CMF bag printed

8. 1x1tile with CMF bag printed

9. Balloon

lego-orange-balloon-lego-fan-boy-minifig

Birthday Party Girl (10 pieces)

1. Hairpiece

2. Head

3. Torso

4. Short legs

5. 2x2 box

6. 2x2 tile

7. Party Hat

8. 1x1 round tile with cookie

9. 1x1 round tile with donut

10. Balloon

lego-purple-balloon-girl-minifigure.jpg?

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm no

Hmmm yes

Brickset is currently showing those CMFs as having 9 pieces each and not the pictures above but these:

71021-16.jpg?201802181213 

71021-6.jpg?201802181215

If you count the pieces in each of those pictures the total comes to 9 if the balloon and cord are separate. I'm not saying that Brickset is necessarily right, just that both the Brothers Brick and Brickset can't both be right. One of them has made a mistake.

19 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Hmmm yes

Brickset is currently showing those CMFs as having 9 pieces each and not the pictures above but these:

We'll know for sure in a few hours because the post says they were given a CMF bag and it turned out to be the Birthday Party Girl and that a review is coming

I like those animal balloons.  Also, if the brick suits don't have anti-studs, it kind of kills it a little for me.

You know, although I've already given my two cents on this series as a whole and of each figure, I find @just2good's opinion on both counts pretty spot on in terms of my own.

Cactus girl and rocket guy are not my faves. I'm not much of a clown can, but I love the colors on this clown. Will the cake guy have legs or just his torso attached to the cake mould? 

There was some suggestion over in the Harry Potter 2018 thread that the Cactus Girl's arms could be used for a Slughorn chair disguise transition fig.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

...I find @just2good's opinion on both counts pretty spot on...

So the dragon costume guy and policeman are cool according to @just2good because they reference earlier LEGO creations, but the unicorn knight and cowboy costume guy aren't because they reference earlier LEGO creations? *huh* 

Yeah, I just had to shake my head at that video.

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

So the dragon costume guy and policeman are cool according to @just2good because they reference earlier LEGO creations, but the unicorn knight and cowboy costume guy aren't because they reference earlier LEGO creations? *huh* 

6 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Will the cake guy have legs or just his torso attached to the cake mould? 

We don't know, but seeing as that it appears that the Flower Girl has legs, there's a fair chance Cake-jumper has a set of legs.

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Yeah that video was Just2Negative for me so I stopped watching about halfway through.

And I understand that some people may not like this series I however like it a lot but I do think that they should have made the unicorn knight just a knight to reference the classic knights and they could have left out one of the brick suits and used some kind of spaceman/alien fig that could be used as a costume or the real thing.

6 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, I just had to shake my head at that video.

We don't know, but seeing as that it appears that the Flower Girl has legs, there's a fair chance Cake-jumper has a set of legs.

He does have legs, one of the videos or photos was at an angle where you could see what looked like a gap between the cake and legs.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I can confirm there are anti studs on the back of the brick coustumes

Lol I was just about to write that 

7 hours ago, 1Panda said:

they should have made the unicorn knight just a knight to reference the classic knights

I agree.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I can confirm there are anti studs on the back of the brick coustumes

As can I, which is exciting.  I can also confirm that the brick suit seems to be a torso in itself, not something that can be slipped over a torso.

Are there pictures?

Cause pics can be posted here. I mean, LEGO was giving these away at the NY Toy Fair and they are already officially revealed, so.... it's not a leak anymore

Edited by Robert8

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are there pictures?

Cause pics can be posted here. I mean, LEGO was giving these away at the NY Toy Fair and they are already officially revealed, so.... it's not a leak anymore

There are pictures I have no idea if they can be posted

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There are pictures I have no idea if they can be posted

Yes they can. LEGO was giving them away at the Toy Fair. They can't be considered leaks anymore.

I just posted a pic of the Party Clown here

Spoiler

Mc5I8F_CR4wxoLR3-kJK62qQr2wviNKtaMGMeIpiTFs.jpg?w=576&s=9ecbbf830b2d390aac26579e94771032

Edited by Robert8