Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

The flower pot looks to have short legs underneath it. The previous image looked like there was just a 1x2 plate attached to the bottom.

2 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The flower pot looks to have short legs underneath it. The previous image looked like there was just a 1x2 plate attached to the bottom.

Those are long legs. She is as tall as the Racer Guy or the Brick costumes :classic:

It's like a Furry convention in little plastic Lego form... Although that Cake piece looks fantastic. Just need to put a stripper leaping out of it for a near perfect "completely inappropriate" Lego display. 

3 hours ago, Faefrost said:

It's like a Furry convention in little plastic Lego form... Although that Cake piece looks fantastic. Just need to put a stripper leaping out of it for a near perfect "completely inappropriate" Lego display. 

There are some bootleg lego strippers out there, so start ordering x-D

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Those are long legs. She is as tall as the Racer Guy or the Brick costumes :classic:

They are normal legs.  Just to ease confusion, she doesn't use the long legs used for Woody from Toy Story.  But yeah, they're not short legs.  At least I don't think so.

So is the birthday cake boy's hair new? Presumably he has a hole in it to wear / balance the silly little hat.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

So is the birthday cake boy's hair new? Presumably he has a hole in it to wear / balance the silly little hat.

Indeed; it looks like it's meant to emulate the classic male hairdo. 

11 hours ago, Faefrost said:

And look at the Fireworks Suit Guy's legs. It has flames printed on the crotch

So his crotch is on fire????

What's going on with this series??? *oh2*

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It’s like when you look back at your old He-Man toys and cartoons, and suddenly realize what was REALLY going on there. 

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Haha I noticed that a while back.

23 hours ago, Faefrost said:

It’s like when you look back at your old He-Man toys and cartoons, and suddenly realize what was REALLY going on there. 

Eh.. what was going on there?

On 2/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, Borex said:

Eh.. what was going on there?

He-Man? Fisto? Ram Man? Dear lord just look at Mekaneck (or however you spell it) through an adults eyes. Look at his head and what the action feature is. By the time the She-Ra show rolled around the creators had largely given up any pretense and were just seeing how many wink and nod jokes and references they could get away with. I remain astonished that the 80's and 90's era Conservative Christians never flagged on the literal animated pride parade that was He-Man. (I suspect for much the same reasons that they rocked along with the Village People in the 70's without ever seemingly figuring that out either... Y M C A!!!)

14 hours ago, Faefrost said:

He-Man? Fisto? Ram Man? Dear lord just look at Mekaneck (or however you spell it) through an adults eyes. Look at his head and what the action feature is. By the time the She-Ra show rolled around the creators had largely given up any pretense and were just seeing how many wink and nod jokes and references they could get away with. I remain astonished that the 80's and 90's era Conservative Christians never flagged on the literal animated pride parade that was He-Man. (I suspect for much the same reasons that they rocked along with the Village People in the 70's without ever seemingly figuring that out either... Y M C A!!!)

I get what you mean. Part of the problem was that the toy concept came first, and the show was developed around that. Because this was a show to sell toys, real character development concerns never seemed to enter into it, so people got away with a lot. I could go into a whole rant about the Prince Adam/He-Man idiocy, but the root of that matter was toy manufacturing concerns. What kinds of actions could these cheap toys be made to do? Then the show developers were to create characters based on that, and they got creative. Toy concerns even affected the live-action movie.

But that's Hasbro. This thread is about Lego. Still, I can see someone making a NSFW scene with that fig.

Well actually it was Mattel and sometimes they made up these weird characters just by making jokes on the workfloor - i just saw an episode of The Toys That Made Us (i recommend seeing those documentary series) 

There is actually a bootleg series of He-Man fake lego with lots of new lego-compatible moulds for those who are interested. 

Anyway, yesterday i bought my first batman series 2 figs and the prices were 4,50€ per fig. At first i wanted to buy like 9 or 10 figs, but i think i’ll just keep it at four. Cactus lady, Dragonman, Unicorn Knight and Cat lady (for spidey’s black cat)

I want to get a bunch of the classic cop. I wonder what the torsos look like under the race car and horse. If they are detailed, I want them to use as a regular cowboy and driver.

40 minutes ago, tormentalous said:

BZPower reported that the Classic Police Officer comes one per box.

Makes sense. Also, pretty cool to find out the cat suit is female.

Yup, TLBM Joker's in orange. Those balloon animals are great.

EDIT:

Actual figures are at Toy Fair.

Edited by K_Tiger

Are the cowboy's arms (bright light) orange?

Edited by Yooha

6 minutes ago, Yooha said:

Are the cowboy's arms (bright light) orange?

No. You can see the pictures of the actual minifigures in this post: 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Love the colour scheme of the box, looks appropriately festive :laugh::thumbup: