Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

There is no sailor. It was a confusion. It was actually the Police Officer. Someone saw it and thought it was a sailor

I'm going to assume the 17th is the Policeman because I don't get what is that guy doing there. It doesn't fit with the theme of the series at all

-------------------------

After a closer inspection, it seems the Brick Guys have actual minifigure arms (and not the arms pieces from Nexo Knights)

So, the brick piece and the arms come all together, like a regular torso would do

The part assorment is: Hair+head+brick piece+legs+1x1 plate

And you would need to detach the arms to use the brick costume in a wall or something

Edited by Robert8

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know that Castle fans will perhaps take a likening to both the Unicorn Knight and the Dragon Suit Guy, as the Knight has a pretty cool shield, while the Dragon Suit Guy is just plain cool as a whole. 

Agreed! As a Castle/fantasy minifigure fan, I'm loving the dragon suit guy :wub: . Could be one of the best CMFs ever. The unicorn knight is pretty cool, too.

I was hoping to use the spider suit guy as an actual arachnid monster just by swapping out its head, but the zipper down the front of his torso vitiates it :sceptic:.

The cactus and flower pot girls can be turned into minifigs of actual plant-monsters with just a few substitute parts. 

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm going to assume the 17th is the Policeman because I don't get what is that guy doing there. It doesn't fit with the theme of the series at all

Sure, it does. The theme is a birthday party. Most have come in fancy dress including the guy dressed as a policeman. That's why he has the LEGO set. It's a gift for the host.

Just now, AmperZand said:

Sure, it does. The theme is a birthday party. Most have come in fancy dress including the guy dressed as a policeman. That's why he has the LEGO set. It's a gift for the host.

And then also a mask too. CMFs don't have faces like the old smiley.

@MAB Until last year, LEGO were still using smiley faces as real ones in its Modular Buildings line (e.g. Assembly Square). They may have stopped doing that since Downtown Diner, but it may be premature to say that LEGO won't keep using it in other lines. As far as LEGO is concerned, I'm pretty sure they still consider it as a real face - just one they don't use much anymore.

Edited by AmperZand
Fixed grammar

24 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

@MAB Until last year, LEGO were still using smiley faces as real ones in its Modular Buildings line (e.g. Assembly Square). They may have stopped doing that since Downtown Diner, but it may be premature to say that LEGO won't keep using it in other lines. As far as LEGO is concerned, I'm pretty sure they still consider it as a real face - just one they don't use much anymore.

There are 2018 sets with the classic smiley face, pretty sure all minifigures in the building bigger thinking sub-theme of classic have them

Just stumbeld upon the new series.

Wow, just wow! As far as I was disappointed about the latest LEGO Batman series as excited I am about this one. :wub_drool:

Two figures I will most likely NOT get are the policeman and the celebrating girl. But besides these... :moar:

I am still wondering why they are doing so many new moulds just for this series. :look:

After looking around, I think others have figured out the series. The police officer is obviously an outlier, being an extra character in an older style, but this is more significant because he's the very first standard minifigure ever produced! 

600-2.jpg?200506101218

This is the fortieth anniversary of that set and minifigure, so the party is celebrating that, with mister Retro Cop as the guest of honor carrying a copy of his own set!

1 hour ago, Nexogeek said:

There are 2018 sets with the classic smiley face, pretty sure all minifigures in the building bigger thinking sub-theme of classic have them

But the "Building Bigger Thinking" is a special for the 60th anniversary. I think what AmperZand was saying is that until the Diner the classic smiley was consistently in a regular ongoing minifigure-based theme (but no longer is). The Classic building boxes of random parts doesn't typically have minifigures, with Building Bigger Thinking being the exception.

Dang, for a series based entirely upon my least favorite cmf subtheme, this knocks it out of the freaking park! I don't think there's a single one of these I don't want, except possibly the brick suits/

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

2 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

After looking around, I think others have figured out the series. The police officer is obviously an outlier, being an extra character in an older style, but this is more significant because he's the very first standard minifigure ever produced! 

This is the fortieth anniversary of that set and minifigure, so the party is celebrating that, with mister Retro Cop as the guest of honor carrying a copy of his own set!

Makes sense :classic:

16 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I wonder if the cake piece has standard studs or the hip connector.

It would be really cool if it was just studs.  If so, it makes it much easier to decorate and use the cake piece as a cake.

Fantastic! Will buy a whole box again but this time I will keep ALL of them :thumbup::wub: Can´t wait!

This is the best CMF series to date!  For a series I thought was going to be largely throw-away, and after a large gap in good CMFs, this is a huge surprise!  The overall quality of these figures just blows me away.  There looks to be about 20 new pieces or at least recolors, and some real gems likes the dragon, the mouse, the cat, the cactus, the flower... quite a collection. 

I do think that Lego will use this as an excuse to bump the price again though to $4.50 or $5.00 USD/figure.  The $4.99 TRU polybags just jumped to $5.99 with the DJ figure - a cheaper fig and packaging to make, but licensed.

Toys R' Us? Target prices them at $3.99 USD.

I wonder if the nosecone on the Fireworks Guy is a separate piece. The cylinder section looks too much like the tree costume. I know they aren't the same mold, but they have a similar design aesthetic. If there is more than one piece, that cone would be a great part for future sets. I have six uses in mind, myself.

Is it wrong to say the cowboy is hung like a horse? :sweet:

Seriously though, is the upper part of the dragon's helmet an articulated visor allowing you to open and close the dragon's mouth, or is that wishful thinking?

I actually really like how the switched it up from black bases to Orange bases for this series. I lile the color and hope that its what they do from now on with all other series to correspond with the bag color. Is the bag color for this series orange?

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Toys R' Us? Target prices them at $3.99 USD.

I am referring to the TRU exclusive licensed minifigs, like Star Wars and Lotr, not polybags in general.

Great figures! My favorites are the Elephant, Dragon, Spider, and Cactus. The Spider Guy's face would be a perfect alternative for Spooky Boy...

I can say with almost certainty that the brick costumes have anti-studs in the back. They look thick enough, anyway. It is cool to get a new kind of minifigure torso, for once, and it's the first time we're seeing a new one in the CMF line.

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Is it wrong to say the cowboy is hung like a horse? :sweet:

Yes it is wrong but I'm glad you said it anyway.

I have to say I'm not that much into costumed minifigures, so I didn't have high hopes, but I was very curious to see what funny designs they would come up with.

After seeing the images I'm pretty disappointed. There is not a single minifigure I really want. Only the elephant with tutu and mouse (!) and perhaps the cowboy costume make me smile. :look:

Overall the minifigure faces look very nice, but not worth the steep price of a CMF bag, the accessories and parts in this series that are usable in other settings are minimal and the specificity of so many new moulds takes away the charm of LEGO for me. Who needs a moulded balloon if you could have a brick-built LEGO balloon?

I’m definitely on the boat that is loving this series- all of the new parts look completely awesome and I can’t wait to have these in hand. It’s a bright and fun wave of Minifigures and is a nice change of pace, even the classic policeman is a cool 60th anniversary toss-in. 

With that said, this might be one of the easiest series to do the “feel test” on given all of these unique molds

4 hours ago, Wesley D said:

I have to say I'm not that much into costumed minifigures, so I didn't have high hopes, but I was very curious to see what funny designs they would come up with.

After seeing the images I'm pretty disappointed. There is not a single minifigure I really want. Only the elephant with tutu and mouse (!) and perhaps the cowboy costume make me smile. :look:

Overall the minifigure faces look very nice, but not worth the steep price of a CMF bag, the accessories and parts in this series that are usable in other settings are minimal and the specificity of so many new moulds takes away the charm of LEGO for me. Who needs a moulded balloon if you could have a brick-built LEGO balloon?

See, I do like a bunch of these, and I think some of the new molds are great. However I also totally get where you are coming from about the specific nature of some of these, the balloon in particular. It seems like the ones I am most likely to get are those I can see other uses for.

For example, I love the horse costume on its own, but I also fully hope to pull off some microscale castle magic by pairing them with some heroica figures.

The flowerpot, cake, cactus, and dragon all have obvious alternate uses, and a few others could find their way into MOCs without much worry.

But many like the balloon, or balloon animals, are so specific that it's hard to tell myself I really need them. Now, if the balloon had some other unknown feature--say, if the bulbous end could be used in a large cup socket, for example--that would instantly make it awesome to me and I would need one. I'm pretty sure it doesnt, though, and that's how I feel about a bunch of the other parts here.