Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems like from initial counting that there are 20Ish new molds coming in this series! We have the brick suit, elephant mask, mouse, firework suit, dragon mask, dragon tail, the cake, the cake guys hair (I think), race car, flower mask, flower pot body mold, ballon, Lego fans hair, spider mask, spider “arms”, cactus arms, cactus body mold, horse mold, ballon animals, cat head, fish. Those are the ones i found. The cop stands out I think because it’s the only figure in this series that doesn’t use a new mold. Also people save these photos, according to people these were not supposed to be revealed so they will most likely be deleted so save them before they are 

I think the Cake Guy and the LEGO fan boy have the same hairpiece

The little girl with the balloon also has a new hairpiece

I think the Cat Costume might have a new tail, because what I see between the legs doesn't look like Tiger Lady's tail

The white "string" piece (with the balloon) might be also be new. It itsn't just a white bar. It seems it has some sort of handle

Edited by Robert8

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I think the Cake Guy and the LEGO fan boy have the same hairpiece

I think the Cat Costume might have a new tail, because what I see between the legs doesn't look like Tiger Lady's tail

The white "string" piece (with the balloon) might be also be new. It itsn't just a white bar. It seems it has some sort of handle

Look again hair prices are different. Cake guy has a dome style while Lego fan boy has a swoosh hair style

These are alot better than I thought they were gonna be.  The dragon suit guy is awesome.  Loving the unicorn knight and the the spider guy.  I really like the cactus.  The new mouse mold is great. Just lots of great molds.  

This series turned out better than I expected! I'm glad that most of the figures don't rely on their "costume" to look good. My personal favorite is the Dragon Suit guy, as he strongly resembles the ones from Fantasy Era. The Policeman is another standout, I love the homage and I didn't expect Lego to do that. :classic:

The elephant girl looks sad. I wonder why? Hopefully she has a dual face. 

The dragon guy is my favourite. I also really like the elephant girl, the kids with gifts and the balloon guy, the cat and the unicorn. I am sure my kids would like to have any one of them!

Edited by alsielou
Hadn’t said which ones I liked

47 minutes ago, x105Black said:

The Dragon Suit Guy is the best minifigure in the series by far. 

Same here. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The cop stands out I think because it’s the only figure in this series that doesn’t use a new mold.

Unicorn Knight doesn't have any new molds

Edited by Robert8

The Cake Suit Guy has icing splatter on his torso. I wonder if the cake piece has standard studs or the hip connector. Standard studs would make it more usable.

The balloon string is definitely new. The handle is the standard bar thickness, but the string is thinner.

That fish in the hand of the Cat Suit Guy looks like the existing fish in teal, but it seems to be a brighter color than was in Rock Raiders and other sets of the era. He looks like one of the early Warner Brothers cartoon cats, from before Sylvester. I'm tempted to say he could be Herbert.

16 minutes ago, alsielou said:

The elephant girl looks sad. I wonder why? Hopefully she has a dual face. 

Perhaps she has a scared face due to the mouse?

Looking at that pic, I love all of them, either for the fig as a whole, or for their parts.

7 hours ago, gedren_y said:

That fish in the hand of the Cat Suit Guy looks like the existing fish in teal, but it seems to be a brighter color than was in Rock Raiders and other sets of the era. He looks like one of the early Warner Brothers cartoon cats, from before Sylvester. I'm tempted to say he could be Herbert.

Cat Suit is a girl. You can see the eyelashes. Also, the minifigure has the waist printing characteristic of female characters

There are 6 females in this series

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, Maple said:

The cop minifigure is really weird. Like LEGO told the designers 'But you need a cop!'. I mean you can get an old one for like 4 cents on Bricklink.

Haha obviously! Thats rule #1. There have been a few comical meme-like builds where fans took the time to actually build out scenes and specialized vehicles consisting of: farm-police, arctic-police, deep sea-police, volcano-police...

It is a great series! However it feels a bit unlego at some places. The car for instance. The cake. The flowerpot. The fireworks. Maybe it's the use of all these new moulds? Nevertheless i really like the most of them!

Brickboy and girl: somehow i like brickgirl better, but i think they did a real good job on that new piece. Will try to get them both.

Dragonboy: Good in a lot of ways. He looks great as fig, the parts are very reusable. Must have.

Spidersuit: It is a bit strange he has 8 arms on his back, and still two normal feet and normal arms. I think this is the Spooky Boy from a earlier cmf series but with a stern face. Loving the torso print too. The new headpiece is also very neat, and can be used as an alien species :-)

Cakedude: Not a fan. I like his hairpiece for being the classic hair but with a possibility to give him a hat.

Cowboy: He's funny, and has a brown tailpiece. But i don't have any use for him

Unicorn Knight: The best knight yet :-) The unicorn reused. Very nice. Now i'll want a few other colours too. Will try to get.

Fireworks: Maybe if they give us this piece in black/white for a minifig chess game i'll like it better. For now a pass

Catlady: I'm not sure about the headpiece. A bit too Chima maybe? Anyway i'll use her pieces for a custom Black Cat from Spiderman anyway as soon as i'll get her.

Clown: i actually quite like the clown. He looks like regular cmf fig and somehow that pleases me.

Cactusgirl: I adore her. Good for army building too. An army of Cacti!

Birthdayboy/girl: I don't know why they had to make a new balloonpiece. That string piece could be usefull though.

Policeman: I already have tons of them from the 80ies, so no thank you. I like the thought though, and the lego print.

Elephant Girl: Wasn't interested in her earlier on, but i think this figure came out really good. Also very nice new mouse mould. I think i'll get her as well.

Flower girl: Will get her. But i think she's a bit too much. I am curious how that carnivore plant fig would look like in that pot. From all the new bigger moulds, i think they will use this one the most (in modulars, creator, friends)

Wow! This series has me thinking of Halloween already. They look great. My favorite is the Cake suit guy. Just love that design, though I wish it were a full cake. Least fave would be the fire craker and cactus costumes. Impressed overall, at first I was meh about this themed series, but now I want them all. And the Dragon Suit Guy *huh* :wub_drool: *huh*

Having seen the pictures, all I can say is how disappointing this wave is, especially when the costume figures have been some of my favourites. With the exception of the rocket, plant and animal based costumes - all of which do look amazing - I'll be passing on this wave.

I am also mixed on orange bases, mostly due to my preference for consistency. On the one hand I'd prefer it if they were black for consistency with my other (and future) costume figures. On the other orange is my favourite colour, so I may get extra orange bases to give to my existing costume figures. I appreciate it is a nit pick, but I had a similar issue with the Batman bases in that wave as well (especially as I'm someone who's generally against and sick of the way Batman gets overhyped).

Edited by pawcanada
Revising some sentences.

I like the dragon, but the rest won't fit for me in my city. But nice if you are MOCing a fancy dress party. I like the suits when they are a one off, but loads together is too much.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Is the flower pot a dress piece? I think it is. Hmmm, that is a bit of a bummer i guess.

I don't think so, as you can see legs coming out the bottom. But the cake could well be a dress piece (without legs) as you cannot see the legs on this one.

8 minutes ago, MAB said:

I don't think so, as you can see legs coming out the bottom. But the cake could well be a dress piece (without legs) as you cannot see the legs on this one.

At first i thought it was just a flowerpot with two studs in it so we could use it in our lego cities, but as a piece of clothing it is pretty useless

Edited by Borex

I want to say something 

Almost 10 months ago, @VaderFan2187, a now banned member, gave us like half of the list for this series

Now we know the info he gave us was correct

So, VaderFan2187, if you are reading this: Thank you :classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic:

Edited by Robert8

Howdy folk! First post, long time drifter. Thought I'd mosey on in and give my opinion. 

That there cowboy is an obvious choice for me. Great looking dude with a fantastic comical hoss. I recon his duds look a little like Woody in the vest and I hope the back of the torso continues the print. Its a might unfortunate the side of the torso doesn't match the vest tho.

I like how the hooves are printed on the legs too. 

Now that Cactus girl could sure be useful in my western town. Maybe she can partner up with the tree dude. 

Animal theme costumes also crack my whip so I will be on the trail looking for cat and elephant to add to the others. I may as well snap up that spider critter too. Thankfully the elephant can be removed from that attire. 

The cop gives me hope they might do the same for the classic western sheriff but I'd like a more modern noggin to really be an update and not just a rehash. 

All in all, series 18 gets a yeeeeha! from me.

The 17 is a funny number for a regular series. Even the hidden highwayman was part of a series of 16. So if one is a rarer chase figure, which one will it be? If they go for the Mr Gold route and it turns out to be the policeman who is rare, who here will be paying out $500 for him? It'll be time to dig out those old stickered torsos.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The 17 is a funny number for a regular series. Even the hidden highwayman was part of a series of 16. So if one is a rarer chase figure, which one will it be? If they go for the Mr Gold route and it turns out to be the policeman who is rare, who here will be paying out $500 for him? It'll be time to dig out those old stickered torsos.

The last minifigure is a sailor, and I think it just wasn't posted with the others. Although it would make sense if it was a mystery figure because why wouldn't it be posted? Hmmm...

8 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

The last minifigure is a sailor, and I think it just wasn't posted with the others. Although it would make sense if it was a mystery figure because why wouldn't it be posted? Hmmm...

I thought there were just 17 in the series (from the pdf catalogue that was doing the rounds), and 17 figures were shown in the pictures.